Sandy Hook Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Manufacturer

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by PeppermintTwist, Dec 15, 2014.

1. PeppermintTwist

PeppermintTwist Well-Known Member Past Donor

I hope that these families get some type of justice and closure. I cannot imagine how horrible they must feel when this anniversary rolls around....and in fact, every day of their lives.

2. CJtheModerate

CJtheModerate New Member

If they win, I will eat my hat.

3. webrockk

webrockk Well-Known Member Past Donor

Let me know when a hit and run victim's family successfully sues Chevrolet...

Battle3 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Dale Cooper

Dale Cooper Well-Known Member

If it doesn't get laughed out of court before it even gets there, I will eat my hat.

It is seriously amusing.

5. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

Disgusting how these parents have decided to use their dead children to advance the left's anti-gun, anti-Second Amendment narrative and cash in.

I'll enjoy watching this frivolous lawsuit crash and burn when they have to make the argument that these "AR-15 type" semi-automatic rifles (which are no different from most rifles except that they scare pants-wetting progressives who have never even seen a gun before in real life) pose "unreasonable risks", when only 323 people are killed every year around the country by any type of rifle.

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/capitolreport/2013/01/16/assault-rifles-are-not-involved-in-many-u-s-murders-a-look-at-the-data/

It's just as Rahm said:

[video=youtube;Pb-YuhFWCr4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb-YuhFWCr4[/video]

6. emptystringer

emptystringer Active Member Donor

Let them sue,I have my doubts that this case will ever see the inside of the court room.

7. webrockk

webrockk Well-Known Member Past Donor

The problem, my friends, is Obama's (and subsequent leftist president's) district and supreme court appointments. "Progressivism" makes its way into law in the middle of the night, by executive fiat, or by agenda laden jurists.

8. AFM

AFM Well-Known Member Past Donor

Likewise but IMO the real culprit here is the irresponsible gutting of the mental health system in the US. In the 60's there were ~ 500,000 mental health beds in the US - today with approximately double the population there should be 1,000,000. The total today is ~ 40,000. Responsible for this are the laws inacted in the 60's making it almost impossible for the families of mentally ill people to commit them for mandatory treatment. Adam Lanza should have been under professional psychiatric care with mandatory medications. Source "The Insanity Offense" by E. Fuller Torey - 2012.

Also this Browning BAR is also a semi automatic deer rifle with the capability to mount a high capacity magazine (available from Europe) and is just as lethal a firearm as the AR-15. I don't think that the suit against the gun manufacturer can be won although a settlement is certainly probable.

[​IMG]

9. LibertyRansom

LibertyRansom New Member

Disgusting how anti-regulation people make it so gun manufacturers are free to continue an unadulterated flow of guns into our society resulting in parents who will never see their children alive ever again; and then considered collateral damage in the name of individual rights.

10. Dale Cooper

Dale Cooper Well-Known Member

The families of the 9-11 terrorists should sue Boeing.

Dumbasses.

Battle3 and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

What a bunch of criminal scum.

12. zbr6

zbr6 Banned

There is no justice for them to be had because the scumbag who shot their kids offed himself.

These people are suffering from huge amounts of grief so I'll give them pass, for now.

But as for their lawyers, the anti-Constitution media nuts who will push the story, and the liberal gun grabbing idiots who will agree with it I have this to say:

YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TIME, GO TO BED!

Read, attempt to understand, and follow the law.

15 U.S. Code Chapter 105 - PROTECTION OF LAWFUL COMMERCE IN ARMS (excerpts)

Findings:

(5) Businesses in the United States that are engaged in interstate and foreign commerce through the lawful design, manufacture, marketing, distribution, importation, or sale to the public of firearms or ammunition products that have been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce are not, and should not, be liable for the harm caused by those who criminally or unlawfully misuse firearm products or ammunition products that function as designed and intended.

(6) The possibility of imposing liability on an entire industry for harm that is solely caused by others is an abuse of the legal system, erodes public confidence in our Nation’s laws, threatens the diminution of a basic constitutional right and civil liberty, invites the disassembly and destabilization of other industries and economic sectors lawfully competing in the free enterprise system of the United States, and constitutes an unreasonable burden on interstate and foreign commerce of the United States.

Purposes:

(1) To prohibit causes of action against manufacturers, distributors, dealers, and importers of firearms or ammunition products, and their trade associations, for the harm solely caused by the criminal or unlawful misuse of firearm products or ammunition products by others when the product functioned as designed and intended.

(2) To preserve a citizen’s access to a supply of firearms and ammunition for all lawful purposes, including hunting, self-defense, collecting, and competitive or recreational shooting.

(4) To prevent the use of such lawsuits to impose unreasonable burdens on interstate and foreign commerce.

13. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

Gun manufacturers are not responsible for the actions of those who use their product coercively. What nonsense. They create a product that can propel a piece of metal at 1600fps. What you do with that is on you.

14. My Fing ID

My Fing ID Well-Known Member Past Donor

Justice and closure happened when that (*)(*)(*)(*) head died. Suing the gun manufactures is just bull(*)(*)(*)(*). It's no their fault some moron picked up a gun and decided to kill a bunch of kids.

15. My Fing ID

My Fing ID Well-Known Member Past Donor

Really don't see the problem with guns. Almost everyone I know has at least one and, like the other 99%+ of gun owners, we haven't killed anyone with them.

16. gamewell45

gamewell45 Well-Known Member Past Donor

I hope they sue the pants off of Bushmaster and put them out of business and send a message to other manufacturers of weapons that they will be held accountable for every murder which occurs when using one of their firearms.

- - - Updated - - -

Would you prefer straw, felt or plastic?? :)

17. zbr6

zbr6 Banned

Well Adam Lanza had on shoes when he went into so better sue Nike.

I think Adam Lanza had cereal that morning so better sue General Mills.

Adam Lanza drove a Civic to get to the school so better sue Honda.

And I believe I read that Adam Lanza used GPS to find Sandy Hook Elementary so better sue Garmin.

So ya clearly Adam Lanza wasn't responsible, he was just a victim of product placement.

You dim.

:roll:

18. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

They would have to prove that if that particular gun wasn't available then no one would have been killed.

19. CJtheModerate

CJtheModerate New Member

Fortunately, I won't have to make that choice, because there's no chance in hell of them winning.

20. JIMV

JIMV Well-Known Member Past Donor

Crap suit doomed to failure....

21. MolonLabe2009

MolonLabe2009 Banned

They are not going to be too successful...

The 2005 Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act

22. Brewskier

Weird, I never hear you complaining about that when dozens of young blacks get killed every weekend in Chicago alone.

Like I've always said, unless something affects a progressive's predominantly white, upper-middle class suburb, they couldn't care less about it aside from the political value it holds.

We have more guns in society now than we did 20 years ago when the murder rate was much, much higher. Another problem for your gun grabbing agenda.

23. JIMV

One does not get justice by filing stupid and unfounded law suits...this is about emotion, not law.

24. JIMV

I fail to see a federal issue here so I figure this was filed in state court.

25. Brewskier

Why would they be held accountable? Should car manufacturers be "held accountable" for every hit and run death that occurs?

No offense, but your argument is idiotic. Lots of liberal Democrats don't even agree with it.