New poll finds majority of Americans believe torture justified

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Grokmaster, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Grokmaster

Grokmaster Well-Known Member Past Donor

IN their ongoing campaign to illustrate exactly how out of touch they are with the overwhelming majority of Ameriicans, the pro-criminal/anti police Left, have now reiterated their pro-terrorist/anti US position , as well.

The Senate report on the CIA's interrogation of terrorist leaders after 9/11, has, once again, proven that the America left has no concept of the realities of the world we live in, and the American People OVERWHELMINGLY disagree with them:

New poll finds majority of Americans believe torture justified after 9/11 attacks

A majority of Americans believe that the harsh interrogation techniques used on terrorism suspects after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks were justified, even as about half the public says the treatment amounted to torture, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

By an almost 2-1 margin, or 59-to-31 percent, those interviewed support the CIA’s brutal methods, with the vast majority of supporters saying they produced valuable intelligence.

In general, 58 percent say the torture of suspected terrorists can be justified “often” or “sometimes.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...ee1208-847c-11e4-9534-f79a23c40e6c_story.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The shabby "report", in which the politically motivated their own "conclusions", reached did not interview a SINGLE CIA EMPLOYEE INVOLVED, is ,indeed, blowing up in the Dems faces,despite the frothy-mouthed support from the equally traitorous mainstream media.

More ammo for 2016......

Talon and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

The problems with the democrat party is they are simply in the wrong place. They are consistently at odds with the American public on most issues (illegal immigration, abortion, gun control, Obama Care, etc.) and would be much better off in a Western European
    Social Democratic party system. I suggest they pack up and relocate in Sweden, perhaps.

3. Questerr

Questerr Banned

4. Grokmaster

Grokmaster Well-Known Member Past Donor

5. PeppermintTwist

PeppermintTwist Well-Known Member Past Donor

6. Arxael

Arxael Banned

That's funny since the right hasn't done anything significant about the immigration problem either, in addition the right is on the wrong side of history in regards to SSM, spying, Patriot Act as well.

It is your opinion the left is wrong on abortion since even the social conservative candidates get their asses kicked when they try to mention that abortion should be abolished.

7. Questerr

Questerr Banned

Really? The Republican Party supports universal background checks?

8. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

9. MolonLabe2009

MolonLabe2009 Banned

10. Questerr

Questerr Banned

By your standard, yes. But are you willing to apply that standard to your own party? Is your standard actually a standard or is it just bull(*)(*)(*)(*) that you only apply to things you support while ignore for things you don't?

- - - Updated - - -

So then Democrats are not on the wrong side of history for opposing torture.

Either the number of Americans who support an issue determines the right side of history or it doesn't.

11. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

Gee, could that be because Harry Reid has spent the last six years bottling up House legislation dealing with that problem?
    It's pretty hard to run a race when your opponent will not even allow you to get on the track.

Bill Clinton and Barry Obama have both
    opposed gay marriage. Having said that I believe most in the RNC want the issue to be decided on a state by state basis.

LOL...look and see who passed the NDAA.

The nation has always been solidly pro life. On balance, though many may not want abortion outlawed it's certain liberalized abortion laws are even more unpopular.

12. Arxael

Arxael Banned

Oh please, they have had plenty of chances to get that in there but Boehner is a (*)(*)(*)(*)(*) and you guys keep supporting those type of candidates.

Both are on the side of SSM. Clinton did the DOMA so he could get gays in the military since you righties opposed that. Obama has done more for gay rights than any other president.

And look at the cries and complaints from the right on there.....oh wait, there is only lip service.

The nation has always been solidly pro-life FOR THEMSELVES, not for forcing others to be pro-life.

13. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

My standards are not ambiguous and have already been clearly stated: On so many issues (2nd Amendment rights, on illegal immigration, on abortion, Obama Care, the use of "torture" on terrorists, etc.) the left stands directly opposed to what a clear majority of Americans have always wanted and likely always will.

The history of American political thought in the 20th and 21st centuries has been the left wing imposing their will on the majority of Americans through a variety of means, most of them dishonest and underhanded.
    In fact if not for the duplicitous Government Approved Media consistently shilling and covering for them the democrat party would simply cease to be, for all intents and purposes.

14. TheTaoOfBill

TheTaoOfBill Well-Known Member

I'm sure polls showed locking up Japanese Americans in containment camps during WW2 was a good idea too.

creation and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Grizz

Grizz New Member

Showing once again that the "public" pays more attention to movies and fictional TV series than reality.

16. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

Your claims are only that...claims.
    The republicans have always insisted the illegal immigration problem should be addressed but not until real border security is put in place so we don't revisit this problem over and over and over again. Democrats simply find a myriad of ways to stonewall the issue
    (you really can't secure the border, why do we want a militarized border, it is secure, etc.).

Obama's conversion has been a relatively late one, if you can believe anything he says. I don't see real significant opposition to gay marriage anymore on the right except to make the issue a state matter. You can have this one but only if you admit you have none of the others.

Odd but I didn't see anyone from the left, in any significant organized way, oppose Obama's civil liberties atrocities. Oh...right. There was none.
    They've backed it all Be sure to send Barry a Christmas card thanking him for revoking your basic habeas corpus human rights.

You are only half right but I guess that's better than nothing and there is a reason why the militantly pro abortion fringe has always found a place in the heart of the democrat party (but not in the republican party).

17. TheTaoOfBill

TheTaoOfBill Well-Known Member

Screw the investigation that said no real valuable intelligence was obtained through the enhanced interrogation methods! Jack Bauer needs to be able to torture people!

18. 3link

3link Well-Known Member Past Donor

I cross-posted your OP in another forum. One poster responds:

Care to respond?

19. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

Liberals / Democrats attacked our CIA with the hope of scoring political points. Even the terrorists predicted these "Useful Idiots" would employ such a tactic to the benefit of the terrorists.

20. Talon

Talon Well-Known Member Past Donor

So nice of Democrats to remind themselves and the American people why they got voted out of office in droves last month:

[​IMG]

I'm not the least bit surprised that this desperate political stunt isn't hitting pay dirt...

21. Talon

Talon Well-Known Member Past Donor

Are you talking about the "investigation" that didn't bother to interview the CIA officials whose testimony didn't conform to the conclusion that Democrats cobbled together for their own political gain?

Screw the people who defend this country from jihadist mass murderers. Democrats need to be able to win elections!

22. Arxael

Arxael Banned

And all you have are excuses. The fact is no real action has been taken and if the right REALLY wanted to make that a priority they could.

Having the presidential support on SSM is huge, as has been shown. How many states could gays get married in under Bush? How many can under Obama?

Just like Bush, I don't agree with Obama's support of it, but again if the right wanted to make it a priority they could. We'll see what "priorities" lie ahead with the new Congress. I'd be willing to bet a years salary it is more of the same, different coin.

So the majority of the population is for abolishing abortion? Show me where because when Santorum made his support of "Rape babies are a gift from god" he got PUMMLED.

23. PeppermintTwist

PeppermintTwist Well-Known Member Past Donor

If anyone is on the wrong side of history, it's the folks that don't know history....

The Republicans just don't feel very cozy about having an ex-POTUS and VP that could be convicted of war crimes

24. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

Yes. If the right really wanted to cave in and rubber stamp democrat immigration amnesty they could. Great point...................:roll:

Derp....this has already been stipulated as a non issue.

So would I. You've gone from arguing the right is horrendously backing civil liberties losses to admitting that the left is no different than the right (I would say much worse since Obama was elected on the premise he would stop such losses). Nice job.

Your personal view. Not mine.

I'm saying the nation is strongly pro life and always has been. If you ask a majority of citizens if abortion is bad or good most will say bad. Whether some recognize it as a necessary evil sometimes is another matter and you can argue with yourself over
    that to your heart's content.

25. Dale Cooper

Dale Cooper Well-Known Member

Damn, it's true! It can't be fixed!

Funny if it weren't so brainlessly pathetic!

- - - Updated - - -

I rest my case.