UFC anti trust lawsuit soon!

Discussion in 'Law & Justice' started by Brett Nortje, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Brett Nortje

Brett Nortje Well-Known Member

This is no doubt about the way people are paid or something, or, the organization of championship bouts. of course, there are favorites - the ones that bring the crowds will be the ones on show, yes? it could be a slap in the face to reject someone that is able, but wants more and more from the U.F.C. but this is a business with shareholders, not a community service, is it?

On the other hand, it is wrong to ignore the needs of the employees. if they get injured, then they need to be compensated, as, it is a legal binding contract where they may have rights like anyone else in the developed world. if someone loses an eye, i mean, is this some sort of backward little town where the law can be corrupt? the law is there to protect the 'performers' and sporty people, and, they need to be compensated if done wrong.

So, this is not a little circle of friends, and, this is not a flipping butchery. this should take a while in court, as, it will bring publicity to both of the sides, and, grow the sport. if the warriors want to fight again, this is like a reference and publicity, and, publicity for the sport. if they come together, they will be able to make a lot of 'credit' for themselves, if accounting is to be observed. :cool:

2. Rainbow Crow

Rainbow Crow New Member Past Donor

I dunno, people could make a rival circuit pretty easily. Seems weird to apply this to sports.

3. Arxael

Arxael Banned

Not quite sure if this is correct or not, but doesn't the UFC hire these people on as "contractor" status almost? So I don't know if medical, etc. would be covered unless it is in their contract agreement. Correct me if I am wrong please because I'm not 100% sure there.

4. Brett Nortje

Come to think of it, i am not sure either...

5. Arxael

Arxael Banned

I know that's the WWE business model, I just was curious if UFC adopted that model as well.

6. Brett Nortje

Well, with the salaries they get paid, it is no wonder they don't really worry about that sort of thing. medical aid will cover it for a family, so they probably have that insurance then?