Forecasting stocks and currency.

Discussion in 'Economics & Trade' started by Brett Nortje, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Brett Nortje

Brett Nortje Well-Known Member

There is a lot of money circulating in the world, do you want to catch some of that action? i now how to forecast where the deals will be before they get there! don't believe me? i will show you, it's easy! promise! :deadhorse:

Let's recap first? if you were to trade currency, you need to look for seasons, as they will affect products being sold, you need to look at logistics and place on the map, as the closer they are, the more they could act as a middleman for trade and get cheaper transport costs, all money settles at what it was like, more or less, the day before, unless there is some orders going through or production spikes, money works as a see saw throughout the day going in one hole to purchase, and out the other to buy, and so forth.

For stocks, you should aim to buy stocks that are in the middle of the value pyramid, as they are established and cheaper, and, will out perform coke and apple. these are like the runners up, the lesser brands. take them, build them, sell shares. if you were to buy something big, it is stable, but you will only make like a few cents a day, looking for up and comers will let you buy their stocks, others will see people buying their stocks, the value will go up, you sell the stocks before it settles, selling it short, if you will, cashing in.

2. jmpet

jmpet New Member

I invite you to play my game on the "Where to put your money" thread to see if your ideas work. Basically, I give you $3 million cash and you invest in it what you feel is where it should go. Then we track it over time. I will bump that thread so you see it.

3. Brett Nortje

Have you ever thought about what happens at Christmas time? well, isn't it true that everyone flocks tot he stores? isn't it true that smart people plan for this? isn't it true that come new years day, which is still quite close to Christmas, people will want to sell their excess and have sales?

Well, have you ever thought of buying Christmas businesses after Christmas? this is an investment, that is for sure, but does it have to be? all you got to do is level with the owner - explain that they only do business at Christmas time, and it is a long wait. instead of sitting on their business, get new stock in for winter or summer depending on where you live, and, then make the business bipolar! yes man! drooling all over the dash board and stuff!

For example, if we were to have a toy shop, that runs at Christmas time. then, when is every bodies birthday? about nine months after adults procreate, yes? when do they procreate? well, i would say it is at Christmas time, so, we ware talking about a spike in toy purchases between September and Christmas, yes? this is the time to sell toys, not in January.

So, what should the toy shops do between January and September? they should, seasonally related, pack their stock away. i am talking about time share! if they find some other business that is doing well when they are off, then they will be able to store their excess in the same places, of course.

Anyways, the best time to buy stores is after Christmas, as that is when they move out, completing their sales, or should think about moving out, yes? but, who should think about moving in? well, what happens between purchasing times? i would say good old hard work, planning for Christmas and birthday season. commerce takes over! accounting, logistics and loan sharking and debt collection from banks - auctions if you will.

It is a vicious cycle. :blankstare:

4. jmpet

jmpet New Member

It always amazes me that while everyone is broke, everyone also somehow manages to scrape together $X to buy Y at Z-time on a regular basis.

I am 44 but mentally I am a lot older. I am middle-aged and wise. I am no longer the target market for goods and services; they don't make movies for people my age that much. I can see the wholesale manipulation on all of you 18-34 year olds.

5. jmpet

jmpet New Member

I guess you're not interested in taking me up on my offer.

6. Brett Nortje

I would, if i knew how, call me curious, willing and uninformed?

7. jmpet

jmpet New Member

You have $3 million. Invest it. Then keep tabs on the thread. Thats all there is to it.

8. Brett Nortje

This sounds like a fun game, but, i need to research stuff like trends and research real prices of goods and things that take a lot of time - maybe tonight after i see my girlfriend?

9. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

Some things I've learned trading are:

• Look at a stock's fundamentals rather than trying to trade short term graphs. Most brokering sites have all the stats you need to get a rough idea if a company is in a profitable position looking forward.
    • The key to stable profit is: diversification. Purchase lots of different stocks rather than a few large blocks. Buy in different industries based on risk: airlines are high-risk, whereas everyone will want beverages, even in a recession.
    • Don't margin lend. Risk your own money.
    • Don't just buy stocks. Diversify into different investments. Use property to keep your income tax low. The best investment is a business you own.

10. jmpet

jmpet New Member

The one thing I learned from REALITY is that the money flows into new hot things. So if you invest in those key assets who control the flow of new, hot things, you have tapped into a strategy.

SteadyPie- can I give you $3 million to invest?

11. jmpet

jmpet New Member

I gave you respect and don't regret friending you. But you posted something that demands attention and I see none. This indicates to me that you're shooting blanks, AKA talking (*)(*)(*)(*) you haven't thought through.

You come to a forum with your ideas but you don't back them up- you tell me about your girlfriend instead. And that was two days ago.