POLL: Is it racist to assert that blacks have a low average IQ?

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by rangecontraction, Dec 22, 2014.

?

POLL: Is it racist to assert that blacks have a low average IQ?

1. Stating facts is not racist

14 vote(s)
    73.7%
  2. No, having this knowledge can help shape immigration policy

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. Blacks may have low IQ, but they are better than us at singing and running

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. There are others with lower IQ e.g. jungle pygmies and Australian aborigines

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. rangecontraction

rangecontraction New Member

http://www.rense.com/general79/dut.htm

Shalom. I have read lots of studies on race and IQ. We Jews do very well compared to the average, but blacks come at the bottom all too often.

Does the low average IQ of blacks in the USA explain why they do so badly there on average?

Is it in fact racist to quote the scientific research on this, since the research concludes that some races are superior and some are inferior in terms of IQ?

2. PollBot

PollBot New Member

It is doubtless that one should tread carefully when addressing issues as general as an ethnicity's average intelligence. I do not deny that such deviations might occur, but the question is: why?

Let us not forget that IQ is not an inherent characteristic, and is largely contingent on an individual's educational level, which is in return closely correlated with the income level. To illustrate that, the median income of white Americans is $55,412, whereas it is $32,229 for black Americans in 2011. Is that a result of historical circumstances? Most likely.

One should not be afraid of sheer mathematical results, for they bear truth. Difficulties and conflicts arise when these results are misinterpreted, or when nobody asks "why is it so?".

Reference: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0104552.html

3. Ostap Bender

Ostap Bender Well-Known Member

Stating facts is not racist.

Some additional information:

Today is Liberia Hell on Earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberia

4. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

Statistically, yes, the average of one group is not the same as the average of another group. Why should this be surprising?

I know a Black man who is very intelligent (though he isn't so good with impulse control when it comes to his finances). And I know it's genetic because I have also talked to his 12 year old son, and I'm pretty sure the son didn't get any of his smarts from his ghetto trash mamma...

5. NaturalBorn

NaturalBorn New Member Past Donor

This fallacy is the result of evolutionary doctrine that people with darker shade of skin are less evolved and closer to the ape-men.

It's sad people even think this way anymore.

6. Troianii

Troianii Well-Known Member Past Donor

How come your poll, a yes or no question, doesn't have a "yes" option?

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. It's more a result that educational systems in such areas have been relatively weak for thousands of years.

7. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

Not really, you have to factor in how people actually wanted to do and what type of questions were asked. If you want to say that African Americans have consistently done worse on IQ tests, then you're not racist for saying that. You're racist for why you decided to say it.

8. NaturalBorn

NaturalBorn New Member Past Donor

What do you mean by "such areas"? The Southern states?

9. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

what a (*)(*)(*)(*)ty poll.

it doesn't even give you a "Yes" option.

10. Coolia

Coolia New Member

I'm Mexican American and my IQ taken when I was a student is WAY above 103.

11. btthegreat

btthegreat Well-Known Member

It is okay to say that IQ tests consistently show a racial disparity in results and that black average scores are lower than white test cores on average. i. It is not okay to draw any further conclusions or to broaden the statement past the test itself .

There are three problems here.
    1. We do not have a good understanding of what IQ really measures and doesn't measure. 2. We don't have a good sense of whether IQ itself is even worth measuring. 3. We haven't paid enough attention the actual measuring stick ( the test) itself to ditch the cultural biases inherent in the language and the scenarios in the questions. We are not measuring what we think we are, and what we think we are, we don't really understand properly.

12. AlpinLuke

AlpinLuke Well-Known Member

About similar assumption the problem is not about presenting statistics related to a category, but about its interpretation. Substitute social classes to ethnic communities and you will realize that poor classes record inferior IQ regardless race ...

13. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

Most people don't keep it in mind. Intragroup differences ALWAYS exceed Intergroup differences has profound implications, which make or unmake the entire science of ethnography. It means roughly that group IQ tests are just about useless in determining an individual's IQ and so yes. bringing it up in reference to any individual or even any small group of individuals is going to give you racist claptrap.

People tell me I'm that way, does that mean I'm black?

Not possible beaner, the studies are in, siddown. See what I mean?.

14. mikemikev

mikemikev Banned

Yes. You will be called racist for stating race related facts. Which only goes to show the pointlessness of the word.

15. mikemikev

mikemikev Banned

Since IQ correlates with performance and since no physics professors have a low IQ it really must at least indicate some aspect of brain power.

16. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

Not really, some physics professors actually ARE Sheldon. You don't often hear of them IRL because it usually holds them back and they don't make contributions to the field, but there ARE idiot savants teaching in small colleges.

IQ is really nothing more than a measure of how well you understand and remember things you are taught by reading or classroom study. It measures psychomotor skills badly and intuition hardly at all, both of which are vital in engineering and development areas.

17. MrSunday

MrSunday Banned

Is it racist to say that Israelis are very racist, think they are superior to non-Jews, do not want peace with the Palestinians, want more and more and more war?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7136068.stm
    http://www.stopwar.org.uk/news/isra...-racist-nationalistic-and-meant-for-jews-only
    http://www.thenational.ae/opinion/no-matter-how-you-look-at-it-israel-doesnt-want-peace
    http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=9990

;D

Hope you see where I am going with this and it is important not to generalise.

18. mikemikev

mikemikev Banned

So I think we agree it's not everything but still something important.

19. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

Actually, I think it is racist to assume races are genetically more intelligent then others....especially when someone says it is a fact. I think its more logical and fact based to say culture is behind it---research has shown that it can take a generation or two of culture change to bring a society up in IQ. Also---IQ can change according to environment. Michael Orr is an example of that when he was tested in middle school and then in College. His IQ raised 20 points. Its just not a measuring stick to base race intelligence.

20. mikemikev

mikemikev Banned

I'm not sure one anecdote answers this question.

21. rangecontraction

rangecontraction New Member

Your attempts to derail this thread with your anti-Israel comments are amusing.

I will, however, furnish you with a reply.

We will never make peace with IslamoTerrorists. We will instead exterminate them with the excellent weapons supplied by our Christian allies, the USA. Should the Palestinians recognize Israel, they will no longer be the enemy and we will not target them. Jerusalem will remain the eternal capital of Israel.

God bless all those who battle thugs, be they Hamas,the street thugs of Ferguson or the police murderers of New York.

- - - Updated - - -

A mix of excellent replies and poor replies so far.

Encouragingly, most of us in the poll do not believe it is racist to state facts.

22. mikemikev

mikemikev Banned

By the way some physics professors may be "Sheldon", Sheldon apparently being someone with a low IQ since you stated this in response to my claim no physics professors have a low IQ. But we "don't hear about them" ie. they are to all intents and purposes imaginary. Thanks.

23. MrSunday

MrSunday Banned

I wasn't derailing this topic at all. It was to show that you were being racist. You didn't even include a yes option in your poll which is why I resorted to this tactic. You don't like it when someone makes huge generalisations about Israel. So why are you doing it to others?

24. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

prove it

25. OhZone

OhZone Active Member

These IQ tests are a crock.
    What do they accomplish?
    It is performance in the classroom that shows intelligence.
    Blacks consistently show poor performance and a lot of bad behavior that disrupts the rest of the class. If I were to have had to go to school in such conditions I would have been a nervous wreck. Likely lots of smart sensitive kids are doing poorly for this reason. Segregation would be the wisest thing to do to solve this part of the problem.
    Black kids should be taught by a black teacher who understands them and can be a respected leader to show them how to be the best that they can be.