Is Feminism Today Equivalent To The KKK of The Past???

Discussion in 'Women's Rights' started by ryobi, Jan 2, 2015.

1. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

Is feminism today a politically correct supremacist hate movement just as the KKK was once a politically correct supremacist hate movement???

2. Fugazi

Fugazi New Member Past Donor

no .. end of topic

3. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

Yes. End of topic.

Some men love to think with the wrong head.

4. Fugazi

Really, prove it

5. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

You post yours then I'll post mine.

6. Fugazi

Naughty, naughty asking to prove a negative, you know that is a fallacy.

7. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

Actually claiming it is not hostile is not a fallacy.

And you should know that I don't much care for logic.Yes I'm sure you're roll your eyes at that statement.

But, I st and by statement. You just claimed it was not and you did not qualify your statement in any way. So, I do truly mean that if you qualify your statement I will qualify mine.

Also, I love the Monty Python style of arguing and can do it for a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually claiming it is not hostile is not a fallacy.

And you should know that I don't much care for logic.Yes I'm sure you're roll your eyes at that statement.

But, I st and by statement. You just claimed it was not and you did not qualify your statement in any way. So, I do truly mean that if you qualify your statement I will qualify mine.

Also, I love the Monty Python style of arguing and can do it for a long time.

8. Fugazi

Oh I just answered the OP in the same way the question was framed. I'm not one to really bother to go into details if the author of the thread cannot be bothered to add some "meat to the bone", I just thought you might want to have a little back and forth on the subject, anyway it really comes down to what the authors definition of Feminism is and going by previous comments of that author it will be spotlighting the radical minority and trying to paint everyone as the same without having any real relevant data.

9. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

So someone is arguing that the KKK was not and is not a supremacist hate movement. Some how I'm not surprised-lol...

10. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

No. Feminism calls for equality of all genders. So, no.

11. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

No, it doesn't. Maybe when it started, but in the modern day, it has been co-opted by the radical man haters out there.

12. Latherty

Latherty Well-Known Member

I agree with you but I can't think of any concrete example.

Its the way they use the language of victimhood to bully people. Difficult to pin down but it's definitely there....

13. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

Here's a concrete example:

[video=youtube;5rkl_oLSKQc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rkl_oLSKQc[/video]

And there are many more videos that I can bring to show how much modern feminism hates men, and why they shouldn't speak for all women everywhere.

14. Fugazi

Really, where would that be then

15. btthegreat

btthegreat Well-Known Member

What a silly OP. There is not a lot I can think of, in American History that can compare remotely to the KKK, let alone be viewed as equivalent in any fashion.

16. Fugazi

That is still projecting a minority as the majority, there are plenty of feminists who do not hold the same radical views and agenda of the more extreme ones, so in essence while there are certainly women involved with feminism who are well beyond the ideology of that movement that does not equate to feminism as a whole being "Equivalent To The KKK of The Past" .. the OP and your response above is nothing more than generalization.

17. Latherty

Obviously you didn't bother watching the video. The point of the video is that it's not the radicals but a ubiquitous social norm. It might be, or once have been, driven by radicals, but their success is so complete it's everywhere, we just don't really notice it.

18. Fugazi

Obviously you have no idea if I watched the video or not, so just another projection on your part. FYI I did watch the video the first time it was posted and it still only points to a minority and in no way equates to the OP's premise.

19. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

So you disagree that feminism is politically correct or that it is a supremacist hate movement???

20. btthegreat

btthegreat Well-Known Member

LOL, I don't even know where to start. Yes I disagree that feminism is a supremist hate movement. Furthermore comparisons with the KKK, suggest complicity with specific kinds of tactics that the KKK endorsed and validated going beyond the label.

I have no idea what I or is not 'politically correct' because the term itself is nothing more that a pejorative for a modern twist on the ancient and almost universal process of deciding social boundaries and enforcing them through informal and formal strategies. There just is not much new in 'political correctness' except what the newest and more fashionable social boundaries will be. Political correctness existed in Ancient Rome, in Elizabethan England, in 13th century Japan, and in 19th century Mexico. The tensions between what society expects and demands, what governmental and faith based institutions enforces, and the freedom of the individual to rebel through self expression have always existed

21. Latherty

What small minority? You could see the small minority is actually the voice of compassionate reason (Sara gilbert) who got laughed down

22. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

Well then show me, and maybe I'll believe you.

until then I'll take your slam at me as just being argumentative because I've made many of the same claims against liberals.

23. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

How do you know that?

24. Fugazi

Just where did I say small minority

25. Fugazi

Show you what exactly?

The fact that you base your conclusion on a small data set without taking into consideration the males who support feminism epitomizes generalization, or are you advocating that they are also anti-men, neither you or the OP author even qualify whether you a referring to 1st, 2nd, 3rd wave feminism or just feminism as a whole. I have no doubt that within the feminist movement there are radical elements but that is no different to any other group.