National Security Suffers Greatly Under Obama.

Discussion in 'Security & Defenses' started by onalandline, Jan 10, 2015.

1. onalandline

onalandline Well-Known Member Past Donor

Since Obama has taken office, it seems as if the world is in more turmoil now than over the last many Administrations. I am afraid that he is setting us up for terrible things to come. Here is why:

1) Obama has been appeasing our enemies by previously apologizing for America, and downplaying any wrongdoing by our foes. He does not recognize a real threat, and fails to respond appropriately.

2) Obama shuns our biggest ally, Israel. He has damaged our relationship with them.

3) Obama is gutting our military. We have maintained much peace through strength, but that is changing with the downsizing of our military, and the closing of military bases.

4) Obama has essentially suspended our immigration laws, and opened up our borders, which makes for weakened national security. The southern border is a weak spot that can, and probably will, be taken advantage of by those wanting to cause harm to the U.S.

5) Obama has been releasing terrorists, and has stopped enhanced interrogation that has produced vital information in combating terrorism. Terrorists around the world think Obama is a joke. Guantanamo's closure is on the horizon.

All of this, and more, is what is setting us up for disaster.

2. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

Military morale plunges 30-plus points under commander-in-chief Obama

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/12/08/morale-of-the-military-alarmingly-low-n1928942

73% of U.S. Casualties in Afghanistan on Obama's Watch

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/den...war-73-us-casualties-afghanistan-obamas-watch

"President Obama is a national security risk." An off the record quote from a Lt. General in 2010.
    Sorry, since it was said off the record and with Obama purging the American military Officers Corps for political reasons, no link will be provided to protect the Lt. General from walking the plank.

3. Mushroom

Mushroom Well-Known Member

And things are only going to get worse.

In the last few weeks, we have had reports that the administration wants to gut the commissary and exchange system. Raising prices and at the same time cutting services. Reduce housing allowances, reclassifying allowances as "pay" so they are taxed, eliminating the GI bill for reservists, instituting prescription fees at military clinics, even eliminating Tricare so that military members will have to buy their own health insurance.

It has almost literally become a "War against the military" the last few years. More and more I am talking to others I know (current and former) who are absolutely disgusted with the Democrats and switching parties. Of course the fact that 73% of deaths in Afghanistan have happened since the current President took office and nobody seems to care has not helped much either.

Funny, but when President Bush was in office he was getting blasted constantly for the deaths over there. Under this President however, the press is amazingly quiet about such things. Guess soldier deaths are just not important when it is a Democrat in the White House.

4. APACHERAT

>" Rep. Mac Thornberry, R-Texas, the new chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, said the impact on recruitment and retention would be a major consideration for him in dealing with proposals for reforming the pay and benefits system.

Thornberry said he was concerned to hear that four out of five service members who spoke last week to Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel told the secretary that they were leaving the military because of poor pay and benefits.

"It disturbs me" to hear troops express those reasons for ending their military careers, Thornberry said at a roundtable meeting with reporters..."<

http://www.military.com/daily-news/...ss-wary-of-military-pay-and-benefit-cuts.html

Four out of five ! Sounds about right, I'm hearing the same thing from Marine officers who were planning on a thirty year career who are now saying they are getting out as soon as they have twenty years in service.

5. Mushroom

One buddy I served with got out after 12 years. He simply could not make enough money to support his wife and 2 kids so left and got a better paying civilian job. And I know a lot of people who left after 6-8 years who also planned on careers.

6. robini123

robini123 Well-Known Member

And one man is supposed to be able to change the entire world? One man is to blame for the ills of all humanity?

Can you give us an example of the above?

Where is it written at Isreal is our biggest ally?

How do you explain 9/11 then?

A bit heavy on the hyperbole but none the less I am against illegal immigration.

I had not heard that. Please give source citation.

7. Strasser

Strasser Banned

Off topic, but the same sort of problem is going on in our police forces here at home. They are being demonized no end, and their pay is being cut all across the country.

8. Mushroom

Political strawman. National Defense can do not a single thing against a domestic terrorist attack. It is designed to defeat foreign nations attacking our country from the outside, not from within. That is the job of the FBI and CIA, not the military. No more then it protects our nation from massive infiltration of our borders.

9. APACHERAT

In the past year I have crossed path with three individuals, two Marines and one soldier who just recently left the service being shy from two to four years of 20 years of service.

I asked them why would you leave the service being so close to getting retirement benefits with 20 years of service ?

All three said that that one day they realized that the military wasn't the same military that it was before 2009.

I asked them why wasn't it the same military ? They had to think but I helped them out, do you think it had to do with all the changes that Obama forced upon the military ?

They seemed to agree after giving it some thought.

Now todays junior enlisted with less than six years of service only know Obama's PC military and their only knowledge of the military of the past before 2009 are from seas stories they will hear from old salts and those who served before them.

10. Mushroom

Plus a lot are simply tired of working with the antiquated equipment that most of us have to use.

Case in point, the President has been trying to kill MEADS (the PATRIOT replacement) since he first took office. He has even killed the funding for the program, even though the program has so far exceeded expectations. Progress is continuing with the designers now footing most of the bill for continued testing and refinements.

And the administration is screaming about the project taking to long, but has proposed nothing to take it's place. Meanwhile we still use a system originally started in the Kennedy Administration and fielded in the first Reagan Administration. MEADS has gone from a written concept to a working system in 15 years, about the same amount of time it took to get PATRIOT operating.

PATRIOT started as a Kennedy project in 1962, and the first tests were run in 1975, 13 years later. MEADS started as a Clinton project in 1999, and the first fire tests in 2007 (first air intercept in 2012). So that is just as long of a development from "initial concept" to "successful tests" as the original PATRIOT system took.

But MEADS is progressing much faster and farther then PATRIOT did in it's early years. Because of the budget being eliminated most of the testing on the system is now happening in Germany and Italy (the 2 other major partners in the system). It not only operates with their existing air defense systems, but has capabilities the PATRIOT does not, like the capability to track and fire at targets in a full 360 degree circle (PATRIOT is much more limited, around 180 degrees).

But yea, most who I talk to are stunned that the majority of equipment they use are the same things I used 30 years ago. The degree of stagnation is frustrating to a great many, who are starting to be the 2nd and 3rd generation to use the same equipment.