GOP's 20-Week abortion bans are devastating for women like me....

Discussion in 'Abortion' started by cpicturetaker, Jan 23, 2015.

1. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member

Let's get straight about ONE OUTCOME that will haunt families and will cost taxpayers BILLIONS of dollars in medical, educational, disability and extended adult care taxdollars. WOMEN WHO NEED OR WANT TO ABORT FOR DEFORMED, "RETARDED", and congenitally defective fetuses, will be pushing the very end of the medical window for AMNIOCENTESIS and other later diagnostic sonograms for other kinds of abnormalities. Amnio is is performed from 16 - 20 weeks (most are performed around 20 weeks). According to the REPUBLICAN PARTY and the US SENATE if they get their way, women will either NOT get the amnio or get it too late to do anything about it. This will kill WOMEN. It WILL cost hundreds of billions of dollars for babies born with long term medical issues. And FAMILIES will have no say so. It will be forced on thousands and thousands of women. It will devastate many families and drive many more to bankruptcy.

ALL FOR REPUBLICAN POLITICS!!

"20-Week Bans Are Devastating for Women Like Me"

Everything you need to know about 20-week abortion bans—and the women they target

—By Molly Redden | Fri Jan. 23, 2015 6:00 AM EST

A top priority for the new Republican Congress is passing a new law banning abortions after a fetus is 20 weeks old. But on Wednesday, GOP women concerned about the party's image managed to delay the vote. The bill, however, is by no means dead. Here's everything you need to know about the women in the GOP's crosshairs.

Women who obtain abortions 20 weeks after conception fall into a few broad categories. But researchers have a hard time determining which category accounts for the largest share of these abortions. "Our surveys just don't capture those women very well," says Rachel Jones, a senior researcher with the Guttmacher Institute, a pro-abortion-rights think tank. This is partly because later abortions are very rare: In 2011, the most recent year for which there is sound data, only about 13,000 women terminated their pregnancies after 20 weeks, out of a total of about 1.06 million abortions.

Those categories include poor women who didn't have the money for an earlier abortion, women who underwent a traumatic life event—such as divorce, abuse, or the death of their partner—or women who didn't realize they were pregnant. Teenagers, who may not have regular periods or recognize the signs of pregnancy, and women who are overweight both tend to take longer to realize they are pregnant. Other women termina0 weeks old. "Say it's a serious heart defect," says Daniel Grossman, a member of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. "There isn't a blood test for that. The fetus needs to be a certain size before you can see that. And then it may take a while for a woman to make up her mind about what to do."te their pregnancies due to fatal fetal anomalies. Often, those conditions aren't recognizable until the fetus is at least 18 to 20 weeks term .

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/01/20-week-abortion-bans-explained

2. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

Republicans believe that if Sarah can do it, all women can do it.

3. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

not all women can afford a nanny

not all can handle the job of raising a disabled child.... that is just reality

if they know this and choose to abort, I have no issues with that, I have more issues with those that choose not to abort and abuse or neglect their children

I do though have great respect for those that do raise and love disabled children.... it's not easy

4. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

My wife teaches these so called "retards" i am quite offended by your remarks.. Good to see your War on Special Needs is well and alive.

5. Habana

Habana Well-Known Member

What's the murder of an unborn child if it's life is going to be an inconvenience to mother.

6. Spooky

Spooky Well-Known Member Past Donor

So now we know that liberals can put a price tag on a human life. If you exceed that then you deserve to be aborted.

I have to go vomit now.

7. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

Eugenics at its finest..

8. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics_in_the_United_States

What do you mean "can now"? They have been doing it for a very very long time. I thought as society we have moved past it but i guess they just rebrand it and continue on.

9. AmericanNationalist

AmericanNationalist Well-Known Member

I have my own personal experience to refute the idea of abandoning these kids to a lost fate because some people aren't willing to take the challenge to understand these children. I was born with CP, and according to some tests I've done, I have a variety of so-called conditions(autism spectrum, etc). I was notoriously bullied while attending a private school for those children, that same bullying continued to high school. Because of that bullying, understandably I never wanted to accept being called "special".

Being called retarded hurt very deeply during those years, and it might still bring back bad memories which are mostly suppressed. But, instead of letting it get to me. Instead of letting this deep depression take over my life, I've done what I could with it. Graduated HS, got 60+ college credits. The journey's barely just begun. But I'm happy that my then-19 year old mother let me take the journey. I've lived mostly with my grandmother, and now it comes full circle as my mother was diagnosed with a terminal blood illness with a 3-5 year timetable.

The family will finally be reunited as I move to her neighborhood and I'll be able to show my appreciation by being there for her.

10. FoxHastings

FoxHastings Well-Known Member

Republican women have abortions. Republican women stopped the "20 week" bill. :)

And, YUP, human life has a HUGE price tag which Republicans HATE PAYING for in the form of Welfare and other programs that help poor children.

11. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member

YEP! And which is UTTER BS. It just so happens a friend of mine's wife was employed by a well known consulting firm. Her area of expertise
    was putting together benefit packages for large groups--including municipalities. The state of Alaska was her last client before they left for bigger
    and better pastures. She put Alaska's package together 2 years before Palin was chosen as VP and given the dates, Palin was GOVERNOR at the time. No doubt PALIN had an excellent medical policy and could afford her little boy. What's more DOWNS has a very broad spectrum of possible complications (some devastating). Not only did she have insurance, his Downs does appear to be the 'mild' kind. (High functioning. He will, however, in the long term will ALWAYS require some type of custodial care).

12. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member

DITTO!

13. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member

You need to read and google before you TYPE. Or ask your wife. I said MENTALLY RETARDED. That is a DIAGNOSIS. Your language IS the VILE insult and I never use it. Mental retardation is STILL listed in the DSM-IV (or 5) (Diagnostic Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders). My BROTHER, before his death 3 years ago was mentally retarded--diagnosed with 'mental retardation' in 1955.

The WHO (World Health Organization) still uses the above DIAGNOSIS.

(I do understand that language is being phased out. Right now it is still medically accurate).

14. FoxHastings

FoxHastings Well-Known Member

Well, what's the Repub answer????????????????????????????????????????

Force all women to give birth and just keep whining about Welfare and helping poor children?

15. Troianii

Troianii Well-Known Member Past Donor

Please tell me - why is it wrong for a healthy baby to be aborted at 20 weeks, but okay to abort a baby with DOWNS at 20 weeks? Are people with abnormal medical conditions less human?

16. RichT2705

RichT2705 Well-Known Member Past Donor

The most disgusting part of the thread is this number...

Serving them up like (*)(*)(*)(*)ing hamburgers at a fast food eatery. Needs to stop.

17. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

You are ranting as usual...

18. Reason10

Reason10 Banned

Hard to know where to begin. The fact that this pack of bull(*)(*)(*)(*) comes from Mother(*)(*)(*)(*)er Jones means most of is probably just a pack of LIES anyway.
    We've already got that. It's called OBAMACARE.
    As usual, THAT'S A (*)(*)(*)(*)ING LIE. It's more Mother(*)(*)(*)(*)er Jones bull(*)(*)(*)(*).
    Not really. Some women don't get pregnant. Some use birth control. Some don't (*)(*)(*)(*) everything that moves.
    Hence the need for birth control, for acting like a lady, for maybe PAYING (*)(*)(*)(*)ING ATTENTION for a change, rather than jumping in the sack with any swinging dick that comes around.

Once again, Mother(*)(*)(*)(*)er Jones outlines the true NAZI movement in America, where instead of Jews it wants to target UNBORN HUMAN BEINGS. And human beings who aren't quite perfect, don't have the right color hair, or maybe the right gender should just be ripped to shreds and sucked into the sink.

Mother(*)(*)(*)(*)er Jones has nothing on Adolf Eichmann when it comes to anti-Human propaganda.
    Sieg Heil, FemiNAZIS.

(This statements in no way suggests that there are any such types of FemiNazis here at this forum, nor is it intended as any direct insult to any posters here.)

19. WSUwarrior

WSUwarrior Banned

More black babies were aborted in NYC last year than were born.

Good job, libs. :)

20. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member

That makes no sense.

21. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

the number of natural abortion is even larger.... many many times larger then dr induced Abortion

almost every women alive has had numerous natural abortions, why did god create abortions?

your number pales in comparison to natural abortions

22. Josh77

Josh77 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yay, you have a uterus, good for you. You think that because you have one that gives you the right to kill the life growing inside of you. Once that beautiful living thing is conceived, your body is no longer your own. How does having a uterus give you the right to kill a baby??? You got pregnant, you now have the responsibility to take care of that baby. A lack of money and resources is no reason to kill a child. Children have always been born into crappy situations throughout all of human history. Their parents didn't slaughter them because they were poor. People are far more barbaric these days than they have ever been in recorded history. Pro abortionists will be looked back on in the same light as hitler and Stalin as the greatest murderers in world history.

23. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member

(If you have any 'issues', it most certainly isn't reflected in your writing). I have no idea of your age, but mental retardation was a DIAGNOSIS and may have predated your diagnosis. Being 'retarded' was a shortened version. The OTHER WORD is an epithet.

And you are correct, words hurt!

24. vino909

vino909 Well-Known Member

Long before amnio was around, parents had no way to detect defects, physical or mental. They gave birth to these children. They loved them. They cared for them.

But now we are more medically advanced, where we can detect these problems. And in doing so many choose the action that has come to be known as the more civilized solution,..... they kill them.

25. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member