2014 tied with 2010 as warmest on record

Discussion in 'Environment & Conservation' started by Pardy, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Pardy

Pardy Well-Known Member Past Donor

That last sentence is the most concerning. As climate gets more chaotic (with huge storms and temperature extremes), and sea level temperatures steadily rise (killing all kinds of flora and fauna), this is quickly becoming more of an emergency than a partisan issue.

Almost 200 governments agreed to limit global warming to 2 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial times, but temperatures have already risen almost 1 degree Celcius.

2. jc456

jc456 New Member

:roflol::wall:

3. mamooth

mamooth Well-Known Member Past Donor

jc, quit spamming. If you've got nothing to contribute, then don't contribute it.

UK Met was being overly cautious with their data. 2014 anomaly was +0.563C, 2010 was +0.555C. 95% uncertainty range is around +/- .035C. That makes it very probable 2014 was the warmest. It's like seeing a political poll with one candidate ahead but within the MOE, and declaring it "tied", which is just wrong.

And the graph for HadCRUT4. If a person was stupid or dishonest, they could say it shows no warming, but only if a person was stupid or dishonest.

[​IMG]

4. jc456

jc456 New Member

spamming? No calling out liars. All scare tactics, not here bubba.

5. Lord of Planar

Lord of Planar New Member

Has climate become more or less chaotic? Remember that claim after Katrina, that has never come true?

Most of those 200 are nations that get paid via carbon trading. The biggest CO2 and aerosol polluter is China, and if they don't play ball, the rest doesn't matter.

Here is an example of what carbon trading does:

http://www.refworld.org/docid/4e8050662.html

http://www.treehugger.com/corporate...-forestry-companys-carbon-offset-program.html

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2011/sep/22/uganda-farmer-land-gave-me-everything

6. Lord of Planar

Lord of Planar New Member

I agree with you, but furnishing hard data would be better.

In my own city, NOAA claimed 2014 to have the warmest August in history. Looking into the city records, the ones I looked at decades back had the daily highs reduced by as much as 2.3F, but matching perfectly in these last years with NOAA. There is no dispute that NOAA has adjusted past records. The problem is getting people to agree or disagree if the adjustments were warranted.

Without the adjustments of past records, at least for Portland OR... 2014 was far from the warmest August!

I can't speak for any other place in the world though.