Super Bowl XLIX Patriots vs. Seahawks Picks, Score, MVP.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by AboveAlpha, Jan 28, 2015.

1. AboveAlpha

AboveAlpha Well-Known Member

So let's see which member is the best at picking who will win Super Bowl XLIX.....

What the final score will be.....and...

Who will be the Super Bowl MVP....

I am picking the New England Patriots winning Super Bowl XLIX.

Final Score......Patriots 31 Seahawks 20

Super Bowl MVP.....Tom Brady.

The member who comes the closest or is exact in all 3 categories wins the coveted....

....HOORAY FOR ME AND THE HELL WITH YOU....Trophy!!! LOL!!!

AboveAlpha

2. reallybigjohnson

reallybigjohnson Banned

Patriots win over Seattle 42 to 3

3. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Well-Known Member

What the final score will be..... Seattle 17 / NE 21

Who will be the Super Bowl MVP.... Gronk

I am picking the New England Patriots winning Super Bowl XLIX.

4. Herkdriver

Herkdriver New Member

I don't see that much of a lopsided victory.

Who I want to win and who I think will win are two different things.

Patriots 38
    Seahawks 27

MVP - Katy Perry

I predicted the Broncos last year so take any of my prognostication skills with a grain of salt.

5. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Well-Known Member

38 against that defence?

6. reallybigjohnson

reallybigjohnson Banned

Oops....that was a typo. I meant 420 to 3. :)

7. Herkdriver

Herkdriver New Member

I was not impressed with them against a gimpy Aaron Rodgers. Basically a fumbled on-side kick is why the Seahawks are even being discussed.

Heck the St. Louis Rams scored 28 on them and beat the Seahawks, I just haven't been awed by the Seahawks this year. The Seahawks defense is a bright spot, but the Patriots are on a different level.

Who knows, maybe the game will be low scoring. Super Bowls in warm weather tend to benefit the offenses.

8. Dayton3

Dayton3 Well-Known Member

28-10 New England.

New England comes out enraged about the "deflategate" accusations and put up four touchdowns before Seattle crosses into the end zone.

Patriots break their string of close Super Bowls.

9. kronikcope

kronikcope Active Member

31-27 Seahawks.

10. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

Katy Perry with a surprise appearance by Miley Cyrus.

11. Right is the way

Right is the way Well-Known Member

I think New England will win, which sucks. Tom is a cheater. I hate cheaters

12. kronikcope

kronikcope Active Member

Then you must really hate Seattle...

13. Talon

Talon Well-Known Member Past Donor

[​IMG]

Last year I said the Seahawks were capable of repeating and the Deflatriots haven't changed my mind.

'Hawks in a close one.

14. sec

sec Well-Known Member

Pats 38

Seahawks 17

MVP- the refs because the Seahawks can only lose if the refs make bad calls...............right?

15. Right is the way

Come now you really do not believe that Tom was not in the loop and approve of the balls being deflated do you?

16. Riot

Riot New Member

Pats will win no matter that they are cheaters.
    Their coach should be removed from football for at least a year.

17. kronikcope

kronikcope Active Member

He probably was. But I don't think it had any impact on that game. Seattle had has more players busted for performance enhancing drugs than any other NFL team since 2011, Seattle was has been fined several times for practice infractions, and we all know Pete Carrolls story....

18. BrianBoo

BrianBoo Active Member

27-21 Seahawks.

19. Riot

Riot New Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422649718.361578.jpg
    Equipment manager should be banned for the NFL and the head coach should be banned for one year from the nfl

20. Right is the way

Who breaks the rules when it will not give you the edge. Only stupid people. I do not believe Tom is stupid. Is the rule stupid I do not know. But it is the rule that they have to use.

- - - Updated - - -

Why the head coach and not Tom.

21. AboveAlpha

The Seahawks don't match up well against teams like the Patriots and Packers.

The Seahawks ability to pull out a victory against the Packers was nothing short of a MIRACLE.and if the Seahawks were to get down in points like that playing against the Patriots...well forget about any Miracle this time.

Pete Carrol will most likely attempt to get at Tom Brady so Carrol will most likely overload the line and use a Corner or Safety Blitz.

If the Seahawk Defense does that the problem they will face is Tom Brady finding the open uncovered reciever and with Edelman and Gronk in the slot look for Brady to throw quickly to them whenever the Seatle Defense attempts a Blitz or overloads the line.

I have great respect for the Seahawks and their Coack Pete Carrol as after all Pete Carrol became the Patriots Head Coach after the Patriots lost the Super Bowl to the Packers which was a Super Bowl of massive distractions caused by Bill Parcells the Patriots Coach who declared before the game he was leaving the Team

Pete Carrol back then was a good coach but perhaps back then not quite ready for the NFL and back then still more of a College Football Coach.

Carrol has come a long way and I think Carrol is without a doubt the PERFECT Head Coach for the Seahawks.

But as good as Carrol and the Seahawks are they are going up against Brady and Belichick who have won 3 Super Bowls and lost 2 to the Giants in games that could have gone either way as 3 points was all the difference.

Seattle will have to establish it's rushing game early and often as keeping Brady and the Patriots Offense OFF THE FIELD is the only way the Seahawks would have a SHOT at winning the game.

The Patriots have shown they are perfectly capable of coming back from multiple touchdown deficits and the Patriots did that.....TWICE....against the Baltimore Ravens...and extremely tough and well balanced team with a great defense.

The Patriots were down by 14 Points TWICE to the Ravens and no other NFL Playoff Team has EVER come back from two 14 point deficits in a game.....and the thing was that the Patriots not only came back from these two 14 point deficits but they made it look easy.

And the thing is the Patriots Offense and the whole Team for that matter was not playing all that well in their victory over the Baltimore Ravens.

They looked RUSTY as Brady and most Patriots Starters had not played since about half way through the second quarter in the last regular season game which had no meaning for the Patriots as they had already locked up a first round bye and Home Field Advantage throughout the Playoffs.

So until the Ravens game....Brady and company had only played 1 and 1/2 Quarters of Football 4 WEEKS!!!

After the complete OBLITERATION of the COLTS in the AFC Championship Game in Foxborough....as the Patriots won that game 45-7....it has become completely apparent that whatever RUST the Patriots had built up has been shook off and removed.

If the Seattle Seahawks get down early to the Patriots.....I don't see the Seahawks being capable of both overcoming a Patriots lead and being able to play the style of Football Pete Carrol KNOWS the Seahawks must play to keep themselves in the game.

Bill Belichick is NOT going to allow the Seahawks to do to the Patriots what they did to the Packers.

I think the interesting match up to watch is how the New England secondary is going to disguise it's coverage and confuse Seattle's Quarterback Russell Wilson.

Russell Wilson is a good proven Quarterback but Bill Belichick has a HISTORY of designing specific defenses that confuse the HELL out of young Quarterbacks.

I see Patriots Cornerback Darrelle Revis playing THE GAME OF HIS LIFE!!

Darrelle Revis being a mainstay of Rex Ryan's Jet Defense for years is really enjoying the fact he finally get's to play in a Super Bowl.

Over the years I have watched as Bill Belechick and the Patriots Organization have signed players like Revis from other Teams....players who are Professionals and work hard but have just been unfortunate in that as good as they are they have played for Teams that are not so good.

In the past such players as Rodney Harrision...Jr. Seau....Correy Dillion....players who have had HUGE STATS AND NUMBERS...but until playing for the Patriots had not either made it or won a Super Bowl.

I see Darrelle Revis becoming another Super Bowl Winner with the Patriots and Darrelle Revis will add his name to the long list of other players like himself who had the stats and the big contracts but until playing for Bill Belichick and the Patriots never had the only stat that matters to such players....A SUPER BOWL RING!!!

AboveAlpha

22. AboveAlpha

Aaron Roger's was hurt bad at the time and still the Packer's were way up on the Seahawks.

The victory of Seattle over Green Bay was nothing short of a MIRACLE!!!

So many things had to go WRONG for the Packer's to LOSE that game...and yes....the Packers LOST the game because the Seahawks sure as HELL did not win it!!!

Still....you have to give Props when they are due and the Seahawks did pull that game out of their A$$....but we have to look at what happened for the Seahawks to have basically been BEAT through the whole game by Green Bay and Aaron Rogers.

The Packers and Patriots have a LOT OF SIMILARITIES!!!!

Both teams have great Quarterbacks and great Offenses which are both capable of putting up a LOT of points at will.

That day Aaron Roger's could HARDLY WALK never mind run as many times Roger's had to quickly move he did it ON ONE LEG HOPPING!!!

STILL....even though Roger's was badly hurt Green Bay was able to control the game and the Packers SHOULD HAVE WON THE GAME....if not for a chain of events...all bad for Green Bay...that allowed Seattle to win.

Now...flash forward to Sundays Super Bowl XLIX.

Seattle will be playing against a Team in the Patriots that is very similar to Green Bay.

I can tell members this....Brady will be playing LIGHTS OUT!!!

New England players like Vince Wilfork, Darrelle Revis, Rob Minkovich, Rob Gronkowski, Julian Edelman, the ENTIRE PATRIOTS OFFENSIVE LINE...etc.....these guy's have something to prove.

LeGarrette Blount the Patriots runningback who played for the Pat's last year only to play for Pittsburg this year and after missing practice was cut by the Steelers and resigned by the Patriots which has rejuvinated Blount as he is running over other Teams Defenses and scoring TD's for the Patriots is a good example how players who left the Patriots and played for another Team have told the media how HAPPY they are to be back with the Patriots to have another chance.

AboveAlpha

23. AboveAlpha

Yeah right.

Like Tom Brady needed anything to help him beat the Colts with a 45 to 7 score? LOL!!!

Here is something that has come out.

The Colt who intercepted Tom Brady's pass in the enzone....D'qwell Jackson...who was at the Pro Bowl was asked questions by reporters about the NFL INVESTIGATION INTO THE BALL TOM BRADY THREW AND WAS INTERCEPTED IN THE ENZONE BY D'QUELL JACKSON.

Now D'quell Jackson was surprised when members of the media started asking him questions about how he....D'QUELL JACKSON....had supposedly asked the COLTS OWNERSHIP to request the NFL to open an investigation into the ball that Jackson had intercepted in the enzone that was thrown by TOM BRADY.

D'QUELL JACKSON when asked about this NFL Investigation that the COLTS OWNERSHIP had requested be opened upon Jacksons behalf.....D'Quell Jackson replied..."I never asked the Colts Ownership or my Coaches or anyone else to request an NFL INVESTIGATION into the ball I intercepted thrown by Tom Brady."

The COLTS OWNERSHIP told the NFL that after D'QUELL JACKSON had intercepted Tom Brady's pass in the enzone that Jackson felt the football and thought it felt soft. The COLTS OWNERSHIP then went on to tell the NFL that D'QUELL JACKSON after intercepting Brady's Pass....requested a MEMBER OF THE COLTS EQUIPMENT STAFF....to take the football and place it in the Colts Locker Room and keep the ball safe for TESTING TO BE DONE UPON IT BY THE NFL.

D'QUELL JACKSON has stated many times.....NONE OF THIS IS TRUE!!!

D'QUELL JACKSON did state that the REASON he asked that the Football Brady through and he intercepted be placed in the Colts Locker Room WAS BECAUSE JACKSON WANTED THAT INTERCEPTED BRADY PASSED FOOTBALL AS A SOUVENEIR!!!!!!

D'QUELL JACKSON states he NEVER asked the Colts Ownership or the NFL or the Colts Coaching Staff to ask the NFL to begin and investigation and Jackson states there WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT BALL HE INTERCEPTED WHEN BRADY THREW IT INTO THE ENZONE!!!!

So....the Colts ownership lied about D'QUELL JACKSON asking them to request the NFL to open an Investigation in D'QUELL JACKSON'S name.

Jackson has stated MANY times since he learned about this lie that he just wated that Football as a memento of intercepting one of the Greatest Quarterbacks to ever play the game.

AboveAlpha

24. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

Seahawks win 21-17. I see the NFL's top defense in the last thirty years holding the Pats in check for the most part.
    However how will New England's defense stop Russell Wilson and company? The best defense always wins championships.

25. AboveAlpha

Pete Carrol knows that if the Seahawk Defense does not at the very least disrupt Brady....the Patriots Offense will operate with impunity and Russell Wilson and the Seattle Offense would have a very hard time trying to out score the Patriots.

Most likely Pete Carrol will Blitz Brady and overload the Seahawks Defensive Line in an attempt to get to Brady....but the problem for the Seahawls is...Bill Belichick knows this and every time Seattle Blitzes or comes with a 5 or 6 man rush.....there is going to be one or two Patriot Recievers OPEN.

To make matters more difficult for Seattle most likely Pete Carrol will DOUBLE TEAM Patrits Tight End Rob Gronkowski as attempting to cover Gronk one on one is a Seattle Recipe for DISASTER.

So as far as Seattles best plan of attack...it all comes down to the Seahawks ability to Blitz Brady....because if the Seahawks can't disrupt Tom Brady....it will be a BLOW OUT with Brady standing in the Pocket and going through his check down list of recievers and one thing about Brady....if you Blitz him and don't get to him quickly...Brady will slice and dice you apart.

As far as the Seattle Offense...Russell Wilson is a good Quarterback but he is not capable of overcoming any large Patriot lead.

The ability of Seattle to win against the Packers was due to a combination of a number of events and plays that all went Seattles way and if even ONE of those plays and events went the Packers way....right now I would be typing about an Aaron Roger's/Tom Brady matchup.

AboveAlpha