Protesters target Texas Muslim Capitol Day

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Think for myself, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

Well there you go.

A religious group meets with lawmakers, and they get protested. A group who presumably have not violated any laws of any sort, are not accused of any wrongdoing, and folks show up and tell them to "go back to Baghdad".

So what do we call these protestors? Ill informed? Bigots? I mean, to simply attack a person based on their religion and not any actions they have done seems to be wholly un-American. Though it is in Texas, so who knows.

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/local/2015/01/29/protesters-target-texas-muslim-capitol-day/22530529/

AUSTIN -- Hundreds of Muslims from across Texas are rallying on the steps of the Capitol on Thursday, but they are not the only group with a major presence.

On a day meant for Muslims from across Texas to meet lawmakers, jeers and picketers met them instead, right on the steps of the state Capitol.

Members of The Patriot Defense Foundation came to air their opposition to Texas Muslim Capitol Day. Many shouted, prayed and held signs. Department of Public Safety troopers formed a physical barrier between the two groups.

This marks the 7th annual Texas Muslim Capitol day, designed to get Muslims more involved in politics. With heads covered, some in traditional garb, hundreds walk to the steps of the State Capitol where Abdus Salam stands with his 3-year-old son, Muhammad. "We want to pass on an image of Islam, a positive message," he said.

But their reception is anything but positive. About two dozen protesters continually shout slogans including "Mohammed is dead", and "go back to Baghdad".

"When I see stuff like this, it's ...like it's more about getting people to be educated," said Cathy Gibbs, who recently converted to Islam.

Other Muslims say they're just as American as anyone else. "I was born here, I love this country," said Alan Hai, who was attending the rally.

Protesters tried to shout down speakers. One even commandeers the podium, before being dragged away by State Troopers.
    "Islam will never dominate the United States and by the grace of God it will not dominate Texas," said protester Christine Weick. "Most Muslims aren't terrorists, but every terrorist is a Muslim."

The Muslims on hand say they and billions of others around the world do not support extremists, and believe their rally, and protesters' reaction is a perfect example of the First Amendment at work. "They have the right to say what they want to say, and feel what they want to feel," said Sana Ali, who drove from Sugarland to attend the rally. "That's the the beauty of this country."

The Council on American-Islamic relations said their goal is to to benefit Texans state-wide by urging lawmakers to support issues that impact people of all faiths.

After Thursday's rally, they will meet with lawmakers to discuss several pieces of legislation including House Bill 670, a so-called "anti-foreign law" bill.

It's also known as the "Sharia Law bill," the one that's gaining protest from the members of the Patriot Defense Foundation

Texas Muslim Capitol Day is a biennial event that has been going on since

2. trucker

trucker Well-Known Member Past Donor

you really can't believe they are this innocent and don;t have a bigger agenda?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_on_American–Islamic_Relations

3. zbr6

zbr6 Banned

At no point in human history have two or more different groups of people been able to peacefully inhabit the same nation without one being subjugated to the other.

Multiculturalism is stupid.

People have a limited proximity tolerance to identities not their own.

And there's nothing wrong with that.

4. BroncoBilly

BroncoBilly Well-Known Member Past Donor

Actually, there you go:

Islam is not a religion, nor is it a cult. In its fullest form, it is a complete, total, 100% system of life.

Islam has religious, legal, political, economic, social, and military components. The religious component is a beard for all of the other components.

Islamization begins when there are sufficient Muslims in a country to agitate for their religious privileges.

When politically correct, tolerant, and culturally diverse societies agree to Muslim demands for their religious privileges, some of the other components tend to creep in as well..

Here's how it works:

As long as the Muslim population remains around or under 2% in any given country, they will be for the most part be regarded as a peace-loving
    minority, and not as a threat to other citizens. This is the case in:
    United States -- Muslim 0.6%
    Australia --Muslim 1.5%
    Canada --Muslim 1.9%
    China --Muslim 1.8%
    Italy -- Muslim 1.5%
    Norway --Muslim 1.8%

At 2% to 5%, they begin to proselytize to other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups, often with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs.
    This is happening in:

Denmark --Muslim 2%
    Germany --Muslim 3.7%
    United Kingdom --Muslim 2.7%
    Spain --Muslim 4%
    Thailand --Muslim 4.6%

From 5% on, they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population.
    For example, they will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for Muslims.
    They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature halal on their shelves -- along with threats for failure to comply.

This is occurring in:

France --Muslim 8%
    Philippines -- 5%
    Sweden --Muslim 5%
    Switzerland --Muslim 4.3%
    The Netherlands --Muslim 5.5%
    Trinidad & Tobago --Muslim 5.8%

At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves (within their ghettos) under Sharia, the Islamic Law. The ultimate goal of Islamists is to establish Sharia law over the entire world.

When Muslims approach 10% of the population, they tend to increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions.
    In Paris, we are already seeing car-burnings. Any non-Muslim action offends Islam, and results in uprisings and threats, such as in Amsterdam , with opposition to Mohammed cartoons and films about Islam.

Such tensions are seen daily, particularly in Muslim sections, in:

Guyana --Muslim 10%
    India --Muslim 13.4%
    Israel --Muslim 16%
    Kenya --Muslim 10%
    Russia --Muslim 15%

After reaching 20%, nations can expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad militia formations, sporadic killings, and the burnings of Christian churches and Jewish synagogues, such as in:

Ethiopia --Muslim 32.8%

At 40%, nations experience widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks, and ongoing militia warfare, such as in:

Bosnia --Muslim 40%
    Chad --Muslim 53.1%
    Lebanon --Muslim 59.7%

From 60%, nations experience unfettered persecution of non-believers of all other religions (including non-conforming Muslims), sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon, and Jizya, the tax placed on infidels, such as in:

Albania --Muslim 70%
    Malaysia --Muslim 60.4%
    Qatar --Muslim 77.5%
    Sudan --Muslim 70%

After 80%, expect daily intimidation and violent jihad, some State-run ethnic cleansing, and even some genocide, as these nations drive out the infidels, and move toward 100% Muslim, such as has been experienced and in some ways is on-going in:

Bangladesh --Muslim 83%
    Egypt --Muslim 90%
    Gaza --Muslim 98.7%
    Indonesia --Muslim 86.1%
    Iran -- Muslim98%
    Iraq -- Muslim97%
    Jordan --Muslim 92%
    Morocco --Muslim 98.7%
    Pakistan --Muslim 97%
    Palestine --Muslim 99%
    Syria --Muslim 90%
    Tajikistan --Muslim 90%
    Turkey --Muslim 99.8%
    United Arab Emirates --Muslim 96%

100% will usher in the peace of 'Dar-es-Salaam' -- the Islamic House of Peace.. Here there's supposed to be peace, because everybody is a Muslim, the Madrasses are the only schools, and the Koran is the only word, such as in:

Afghanistan --Muslim 100%
    Saudi Arabia -- Muslim100%
    Somalia --Muslim 100%
    Yemen --Muslim 100%

Unfortunately, peace is never achieved, as in these 100% states the most radical Muslims intimidate and spew hatred, and satisfy their blood lust by killing less radical Muslims, for a variety of reasons.

'Before I was nine I had learned the basic canon of Arab life. It was me against my brother; me and my brother against our father; my family against my cousins and the clan; the clan against the tribe; the tribe against the world, and all of us against the infidel. -- Leon Uris, 'The Haj'

It is important to understand that in some countries, with well under 100%Muslim populations, such as France, the minority Muslim populations live in ghettos, within which they are 100%Muslim, and within which they live by Sharia Law.

The national police do not even enter these ghettos. There are no national courts, nor schools, nor non-Muslim religious facilities. In such situations,Muslims do not integrate into the community at large. The children attend madrasses. They learn only the Koran. To even associate with an infidel is a crime punishable with death. Therefore, in some areas of certain nations,Muslim Imams and extremists exercise more power than the national average would indicate.

Today's 1.5 billion Muslims make up 22% of the world's population. But their birth rates dwarf the birth rates of Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, and all other believers.

Muslims will exceed 50% of the world's population by the end of this century.

Adapted from Dr. Peter Hammond's book: Slavery, Terrorism and Islam: The Historical Roots and Contemporary Threat

5. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

it's not always Muslims these fanatical Christians are attacking....

fanatical Christians attack fellow Christians for "looking" Muslim

http://www.northjersey.com/opinion/on-this-ground-zero-tolerance-1.320911?page=all

6. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

Nazis, Nazis, Nazis,

Go look up what the Nazis thought about Jews in an area. It's just about the exact same thing as this bigot in Bronco Billy's post. The parameters are different, as is the ethnicity, but the method is the precise same thing.

Remember, the Nazis didn't really even hate the Jews, they were just convenient, The Nazis wanted power and needed an enemy to give them a reason to usurp it.

You are being used, people. pwned, owned, played for fools and going right along with it

7. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Keeping your head in the sand about what is happening in the world with Islam, Europe for example, then calling people bigots for pointing it out is, well, dumb.

8. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

"They have the right to say what they want to say, and feel what they want to feel," said Sana Ali, who drove from Sugarland to attend the rally. "That's the the beauty of this country."

Enough said...

9. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

http://www.vocativ.com/world/isis-2/isis-threating-attacks-europe-new-video-french/

10. Osiris Faction

Osiris Faction Well-Known Member

Oh look those tolerant christians who are always crying about being oppressed are trying to oppress another religion.

I'm shocked I tell you!! Absolutely flabbergasted!!

11. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

Can you point out where it states they are Christians in that article? I must have missed it.

12. Jackster

Jackster New Member

Whoa, why so bigoted against Nazis? Not every Nazi was a killer and i dont see Nazis mass killing people in various countries around the world.

13. Osiris Faction

Texas is a deep red christian moral majority state. It isn't without reason to assume that the majority of these people protesting are christian.

You can play coy and try to deny that but it falls pretty flat when you look at demographics.

14. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

On a related note, it appears one Texas legislator used the occasion to direct her staff to have Muslim visitors renounce Muslim terrorist groups (no indication the visitors were affiliated with terrorist groups in any way) and to announce their allegiance to America while displaying an Israeli flag.

Apparently that is how one displays allegiance to America, with Israeli flags.

Is it safe to say this legislator was pandering to bigots?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-l...lims-publicly-announce-allegiance-to-america/

A small group of vitriolic hecklers and overt suspicion from one lawmaker greeted hundreds of Muslims who rallied Thursday during their biennial Texas Capitol lobbying day - the first time the event has drawn protesters.

As the Council on American-Islamic Relations opened the gathering on the Capitol steps, inside the Capitol, an Israeli flag - a symbol of support for the Jewish state - greeted visitors to Rep. Molly White's office. On Facebook, the first-year Republican lawmaker posted that she was out of the office but gave her staff instructions to ask visiting Muslims "to renounce Islamic terrorist groups and publicly announce allegiance to America and our laws."

The council responded by sending a note to House Speaker Joe Straus asking if White violated the chamber's rules by discriminating against religious minorities.

"Are House members prohibited from making constituents take oaths before meeting with their elected representatives or house staff?" the letter asks.

In a statement, Straus said only that all Capitol visitors should be treated respectfully, adding, "Anything else reflects poorly on the entire body and distracts from the very important work in front of us."

15. straight ahead

straight ahead Well-Known Member

How about the demographics of all the moslem countries that are now attacking and threatening the rest of the world?

Ooops! :eekeyes:

Don't you hate it when your smug point blows up in your face?

16. Osiris Faction

And did I justify any of the Islamic brutality which needs to be eradicated?

Nope.

Oops don't you hate when you strawman argument burst into flames right in you idiot hands.

17. Strasser

Strasser Banned

Congratulations to the protestors and lawmakers who made a point of publicly demonstrating their disapproval of this violent, murderous political cult, organized by the terrorist funded front CAIR. These types of demonstrations are why the U.S. isn't suffering from the same local levels of terrorism Europe is being subjected to. Hats off to people who aren't letting the PC Nazis censor them, and hats off to all those Europeans who are finally fed up with the atavistic animals and their violence.