The Marxist culturalism continues on Air Force Bases LGBT flag flies over AFB

Discussion in 'Ethnic & Religious Conflicts' started by APACHERAT, Feb 6, 2015.

1. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

First it was Obama's senior advisers, Valerie Jarrett ordering the Air Force to allow drag queens on Air Force bases.

Now it's the LGBT flag flying over Davis Monthan AFB. :eyepopping: I (*)(*)(*)(*) you not. Obama's social engineering and Marxist culturalism of our military continues. I suppose Obama didn't get the message during last November's elections.

US Air Force base in Arizona flies American flag with LGBT rainbow stripes

>" Former Senior Airman Brian Kolfage retired from the Air Force after being severely wounded during his second deployment for Operation Iraqi Freedom. On Sept. 11, 2004, Kolfage was struck directly by a large artillery round (107mm rocket) which instantly severed his legs completely and his dominant right hand, making him a triple amputee. He received a Purple Heart medal for his actions in Iraq. Till this day, Kolfage is the most severely wounded U.S. Airman to survive any war. Kolfage is a 2014 graduate of the University of Arizona’s School of Architecture and is currently serving on Congressman Ron Barber’s (D-Ariz) veteran advisory committee.

Below is Brian Kolfage’s report for The Blaze, “Air Force Overlooks Disrespectful Display of the American Flag in Favor of Political Correctness,” Feb. 5, 2015.
    I noticed something strange as I drove through Davis Monthan Air Force Base, in Tuscon, Arizona last week.

It was an American flag with rainbow stripes instead of the standard red and white stripes flying high on a two story house…on government property. […]

Everyone is free to express their sexual preferences in the Military in any way they want, but this flag flying on a military base is in violation of Title 4 of the U.S. Code.

More specifically Title 4 U.S. Code – Section 1:

Flag; stripes and stars on: The flag of the United States shall be thirteen horizontal stripes, alternate red and white; and the union of the flag shall be fifty stars, white in a blue field.

The flag I saw is a parody of the American Flag with 50 white stars in the union, smeared with the rainbow colors as the stripes. The moment the flag took on the union stars is where it becomes a violation, with my understanding of the U.S. Code.

After posting the story on social media, I was contacted by hundreds of active duty Airmen thanking me for being their voice.

One of these servicemen who reached out to me is an Active Duty Air Force master sergeant, and for his own protection I have left out his name. What he sent me summed up the issues that our Airmen are facing:

I support that law and will continue to serve without distinction. First, however, I am an American. I have sworn to put Service, before self (and with that, any sexual preferences, color, religion, or ethnic background). I am saddened that leadership tiptoes over moral and ethical decision making in an effort to please the minority, or to not ruffle any feathers. Where is the line to be drawn?

I cannot fly a Christian flag. I cannot have a “Christmas” party at work. It has to be a “holiday” party. The point of this message isn’t anti-gay. It’s a fundamental shift of loyalty and allegiance. It is a political statement. I cannot publicly endorse a candidate for office while in uniform, but I can openly tell the world that I am LGBT. If they are proud of the leaps and bounds that the [Department of Defense]D has made with the repeal of “don’t ask don’t tell,” then put up a rainbow flag and call it a day. But when you add the Union, it becomes a political statement. And that, my fellow Americans, is unacceptable..."<

continue and yes there's a photo. -> https://cofda.wordpress.com/2015/02...lies-american-flag-with-lgbt-rainbow-stripes/

2. Polydectes

Polydectes Well-Known Member

And your point would be?

3. Woolley

Woolley Well-Known Member

Are you and this soldier free to tell everyone you are straight? Is that a political position? I see nothing wrong with letting some declare their sexuality, it bothers no one but the bigoted. One of the most damaging personality traits of folks that hold these views is that every single change in society or discourse or law seems to be a threat to them. Relax, its all good, don't worry, be happy.

4. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

Visual interpretations of refracted light equals Marxism?

5. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

The scary thing here is how many of the people who are supposedly defending our freedom apparently don't believe in it. Freedom isn't just being free to do what everyone agrees with anyway.

6. APACHERAT

Why would I come out of the closet and announce that I'm straight ? It's nobody business that I'm a hetrosexual.

The LGBT movement made their agenda political, they politicized being gay.

Three issues here.

#1. The flag in question is in violation of the U.S. Flag Code and is being flown over a U.S. military base.

#2. From 1776 with the Continental Army to the U.S. military to 2008, the U.S. military had remained a-political. The Obama administration, has been in the process of politicizing the U.S. military. Obama is doing the same thing that Joseph Stalin did, changing the purpose and culture of the military. Purging it's Officers Corps and embedding political officers with in the service. In the U.S. military these political officers are known as diversity officers. Mandatory indoctrination classes, in Obama's PC military they are mandatory sensitivity classes instead of being out in the field or on the range training for war.

#3. The LGBT movement politicized their movement. As soon as they did that, the movement is suppose to stay outside of any military base. Those part of the movement aren't suppose to be involved in any LGBT movement activities on or off the base while wearing the uniform.

You will never see or have ever seen any GOP, Democrat, Tea Party, PETA, etc. political booths set up on a military base. It's in violation of military regulations. But back in August of 2013 the Obama White House ordered every U.S. military base to celebrate "Gay Pride Week" or "Diversity Day" and Valerie Jarrett ordered even though she's not part of the military chain of command but she thinks she is that drag queens will be allowed on Air Forces bases to further their political agenda and political LGBT activist would be allowed to set up political booths on military bases.

http://news.yahoo.com/totally-offen...y-reportedly-hosts-drag-queens-135224790.html

http://www.stripes.com/news/gay-les...n-drag-at-kadena-air-base-fundraiser-1.270747

http://www.onenewsnow.com/culture/2...with-christian-faith-not-so-much#.VNuo3dX3-iw

7. APACHERAT

Look up what Marxist culturalism is. The politically correct phrase for Marxist culturalism is "political correctness."

8. Shiva_TD

Shiva_TD Progressive Libertarian Past Donor

As the author correctly notes the flag was a parody of the American flag and, as such, did not violate Title 4 that only addresses actual American flags and not a parody of the American flag.

What the author apparently "understands" is that distorting of what a law addresses to propagante hatred is often accepted by those that base their beliefs on hatred.

9. APACHERAT

So why can't someone no longer fly the Gadsden flag over a U.S. military base ? BTW: the Gadsden flag was the U.S. Marines first flag. The Gadsden flag was allowed to be displayed on Marine corps bases and carried by Marine honor guards usually on November 10th on the birthday of the Corps before 2009. Not any more under the Obama administration.

Why can't someone display the GOP or NRA flag on a military base but the rainbow flag is now allowed to be displayed on military bases ?

Why are LGBT political booths allowed to be set up on military bases in todays Obama's PC military but the Tea Party or NRA can't ?

10. Woolley

Woolley Well-Known Member

Again, it seems to bother you a bit too much. I suggest you spend your time worrying about something important.

11. Shiva_TD

Shiva_TD Progressive Libertarian Past Donor

Only the United States flag can be "officially" flown by the US military. What individuals choose to display has nothing to do with what flag is officially flown at US military installations.

I'm not responsible for what personal items can be displayed at US military bases and don't know the criteria being used but that has abolutely nothing to do with the arguments presented in the OP that tried to link personal displays to the official US flag that is flown at ALL US military bases.

If you want to whine and complain about what the military policies for personal displays might be then knock yourself out but just dump the BS that it has anything whatsoever to do with the official flying of the US flag at our military bases.

12. APACHERAT

Having double standards when it comes to military regulations will lead to big troubles down the road.

The U.S. military is being used for social engineering experimentation while also being politicized at the same time.

13. APACHERAT

Anyone have any stories about bumper stickers on POV's ?

14. phil white

phil white Member Past Donor

From Post #2 by Polydectes:

"And your point would be? "

:omg:I've been trying to warn young glbt activist they are playing with fire.
    Thirty years ago there was a young gay couple living next door. No one said anything about it in our neighborhood that I ever heard.
    My experience and reading tells me the gays want public acceptance, That's understandable.
    It's another thing to have the government glorify homosexual acts in the same way it glorifies heterosexual co-habitation.
    The left has always used edicts of government to put a stamp of public approval on leftist actions. That's why they want to force funding
    for abortions in health care.
    Homosexuality was declared a normal mental condition by the left wing American psychiatrist forty years ago. That declaration
    was part of the left's long campaign to recruit gays into the left's political coalition.
    As a bi-polar/autistic I'm not asking the APA to declare my condition "normal".
    We appear now to be on the verge of another great civil war, and these social issues are to be part of the motivation.
    As Crane Brinton pointed out in our political history going back to Magn Carta and before, we have had a civil war that over turned the entire
    society on average every 165 years.
    My worry is that in reaching for this public adulation of gay relationships the gblt are being drawn into support for the leftist coalition.
    The left also is looking to eliminate whites as a racial group by means of mass third world immigration into every white country and only into
    white countries and then mandating assimilation. This is a genocide under the U.N. convention on genocide.
    By ending up backing the leftist the gblt are supporting the genocide of whites.
    Any white gblt is going to have a hard time when this likely war comes to pass. If a white gblt chooses to live in a white controlled area they
    will be blamed for supporting the anti-white left.
    If they choose to seek refuge in the non-white controlled areas of the U.S. they will likely be persecuted for their race.
    I'm afraid that white glbt people are suffering from "target fixation" on the marriage agenda and don't see the danger
    they are likely putting themselves in with respect to a coming civil war.
    Today News Week magazine has a cover story on prepping for social break down. Social break down is
    News Weeks code word for civil war.

15. Mushroom

Mushroom Well-Known Member

Actually, I can give you one by my old Section Chief.

In early 2009 we were preparing to go downrange for our year in the sandbox. The advance party of the unit we are swapping with is already in our area, and one of them was let's just say "Very PC". An Army Major, and no other description needed other then that. She came in one morning and demanded to know who owned the black Silverado in the parking lot.

When my Staff Sergeant admitted it was his, he was angrily ordered by the Major outside. He came back in later very red faced, and when I went out for a smoke he came along to borrow one (he was not a regular smoker, but in times of stress he would have one).

It seems that he had just gotten a royal ass-chewing, being told his bumper sticker was offensive, racist, in violation of military regulations, and if it was not removed immediately she would report him up the chain of command and to the Brigade EO in addition to writing him up for Article 92.

His bumper sticker?

[​IMG]

Well, he basically ignored her. Until we left for deployment after that he only drove in his wife's car, and she used his truck. He reported it to our own Major, who took him to our Battalion Commander. She told him not to worry, and that if the Major tried to take it any further she would ensure that Major would find themselves very miserable.

There were some attempts a few years ago to order personnel to remove political bumperstickers, but they were all pretty quickly dismissed when attention was brought to them. Yet ironically, I have never heard a single word said about such stickers on Public Works trucks. Almost all of them have some form of political Pro-union sticker on them but they are never ordered to remove them.

16. Sly Lampost

Sly Lampost New Member

With respect, I think you're over-egging the facts here.

The JCS intensely resented JFK's policies as detailed in Reardon's Council of War, and undertook various actions to counter his orders and policies.

There is also the intriguing testimony of the late Paul Neri and Col. Edward Cutolo detailing an operation he knew as "Orwell" regarding the surveillance against various prominent US politicians, which hardly points to an "a political" US military.

17. Junkieturtle

Junkieturtle Well-Known Member Donor

Oh my Gawwwwwwwwwd

Clearly this is terrible and I should be outraged. I'm probably being lapse in my duties if I don't stand up instantly and start throwing things around my house in a rage.

But damnit, I just can't muster the motivation because an Air Force base flew a flag the OP doesn't like.

18. APACHERAT

Don't forget the drag queens on Air Force bases.

19. Junkieturtle

I have more respect for our men and women in the service than to think they are going to perform worse because some men dressed up in lady clothes. I don't expect you to like it, and I'm actually indifferent, but if you're worried that it's hurting something then you should gather the evidence to make a case.

20. APACHERAT

Obama&#8217;s mark on the military

A DEEPLY UNPOPULAR COMMANDER IN CHIEF IS FORCING PROFOUND CHANGE INSIDE THE RANKS.

21. Junkieturtle

The same could have been said when the military was desegregated. The military will adapt and evolve as it always does. We'll be fine.

22. APACHERAT

Don't forget that 66 year old dirty little secret on the "Rock" that nobody wants to talk about.

23. Daniel Light

Daniel Light Well-Known Member

Since this is not an altered flag, it seems to be a case of flying a Seattle Seahawk banner in the middle of San Francisco - not the best idea, but hardly an end of the world situation. Bringing Obama's name into it even further sensationalizes this tempest-in-a-teacup.

24. APACHERAT

It was the Obama White House not the U.S. military that issued an Admin Directive to all U.S. military installations back in 2013 that every military base will be required to recognize and celebrate "Diversity Day," Gay Pride Week.

25. Mushroom

Mushroom Well-Known Member

Not really.

Sure, you had some hardcases that fought desegregation tooth and nail, but by the time that order was given blacks had made a large impression during WWII.

It often makes me sad how little attention is paid to the history of blacks in WWII. General Ben Davis, the Tuskegee Airmen, the Redball Express, the 93rd Infantry Division, the 614th Tank Destroyer Battalion, and a great many other units fought with distinction during the war, gaining respect from a great many in uniform. Even such controversial leaders as Patton admitted that units like the 761st Tank Battalion fought with distinction.

And while everybody knows of Teddy Roosevelt and the Rough Riders, most seem to have no idea that at his side were the 10th Cavalry Regiment (Colored), and the 24th Infantry Regiment (Colored). They were more commonly known as the "Buffalo Soldiers".

The "color barrier" had already largely fading by the time President Truman issued his order to desegregate in 1948, the biggest resistance was in civilian communities in some areas of the country, and by some politicians.