Why do Americans put up with Obama?

Discussion in 'United States' started by Fallen, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Fallen

Fallen Well-Known Member

Everyone knows about watergate.But didn't Obama something much worse than Nixon?
    A secret court allowing the government to access all cellular data. Such violation of privacy. Under Obama things like this is rampant. Why do Americans put up with it?

If the president was white I think he would have been impeached by now

2. greatsea86

greatsea86 New Member

1. Because they don't care. How many people do you meet on a day-to-basis who care about government and politics that effect every aspect of their lives? People generally don't seem to care until they're directly affected.

2. What can we do? Seriously. Riot in the streets? That won't solve anything. I think that's part of people's apathy, even if they are upset they have no idea what they can do about it.

Getting personally involved in politics seems like a good idea, but that takes a long time. Do YOU have any ideas?

Gatewood and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Fallen

Fallen Well-Known Member

Prorest.Impeachment.Boycotts

4. krashsmith81

krashsmith81 New Member

Agreed, we just can't impeach the first black president. I have no doubt there would be riots in the streets if we did. Ironically, many of the posters here on PF who defend violent criminals would be the first ones targeted. Kinda reminds me of the white guy who said in a confrontation against a white racist vs. a black racist he would "side with the black racist every time". I wonder what he thinks would happen to him once the black racist was done physically assaulting the white racist?

"Oh, no, don't beat me up, I'm on your side, I hate white people too!"

God I'd pay money to see that.

5. Fallen

Fallen Well-Known Member

Hehehe

6. jackson33

jackson33 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you, adding any applicable person that started such a movement would have to get 24-7-365 protection, including his her family and be removed from whatever office they hold. With this in mind, Secret Service is going have a job, for years to come, protecting Obama and family from a host of disgruntled people, that today don't realize how his entire administration has and will continue to hurt average folks, all races and incomes. My hope, in years to come, it doesn't hurt the changes for other perceived minorities, to gain high office.

7. creation

creation New Member

LIkely because whatever you think the facts are hes acted legitimately and thats why con jobs cant manage much protest.

Maybe cons are just lazy ignorant whining blowhards.....

Do you think Im right?

8. Elentari

Elentari New Member

Ding ding, this. So much this. Basically, the people would have to prove that these things are happening in a court of law, and that has proven extremely difficult. The gov't jealously guards its right to restrict classified information as evidence in those sorts of trials--under the broad exemption of 'national security'--and you can't prove that such things are happening without that evidence. So of course you sue the gov't, and you have the burden of proof on you--but you're suing to get that proof in the first place! Catch-22.

Plus, you may notice that a lot of Congresscritters seem to support the notion (on the basis of 'protecting the nation') that the gov't should have the right to pursue any communications it deems relevant to an investigation (see: section 215 of the PATRIOT Act); otherwise, they'd vote against it. Kinda hard to impeach a president when the Congress who would be tasked with doing so agrees with his admin's actions here.

9. Fallen

Fallen Well-Known Member

Why was Nixon being threatened with impeachment?

There evidence for water gate and there evidence for what Obama is doing.

10. Elentari

Elentari New Member

Oh, I'm not disputing that there -is- evidence, Fallen. I support the case against Obama; I feel that what his admin is pushing for is wrong and misguided at best. What I was driving at is that it's difficult to get that evidence accepted into the courts formally, and to prove where/how/when this evidence was acquired. Example: Florida PDs are tracking cellular calls using stingrays (devices that mimic cellular towers, for those who do not know). However, whenever there is a FOIA request to get info about these stingrays, the FBI sends Marshalls to go and gather up all available paperwork and stash it somewhere safe (aka under their lock and key) so that average citizens cannot get that information to be used in courts. I'm not joking about this, by the way. WIRED magazine has done some stellar reporting on it.

In short, the evidence exists. I very much agree with you. Getting the evidence into and accepted by a court is another thing entirely.

11. Fallen

Fallen Well-Known Member

So they can't use the evidence aquired by the NSA whistle blower?

12. Elentari

Elentari New Member

Apparently not, since the gov't considers it as 1) classified still and 2) acquired 'illegally'. (The gov't has apparently put out notices that its employees cannot even view news stories containing that evidence, e.g. Powerpoint slides, and has blocked them from gov't computers because that info is still classified.)

13. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

Your phone bills are processed in Israel, which means they know where each call comes from and goes to (even if they don't know the content of those calls, and I think they do). Your privacy was gone a long time before Obama.

I guess processing our own phone bills is beyond our capability and only the Israelis have expertise we just don't possess. We can send a man to the moon but we cannot send out a phone bill. What else can explain this?

14. Mr_Truth

Mr_Truth Well-Known Member

Because he's the best president we've had since FDR.

That is, unless you prefer another Great Recession and the start of two needless wars.

15. Fallen

Fallen Well-Known Member

Is that sarcasm

1. During Obama’s first term, the number of Americans on food stamps increased by an average of about 11,000 per day.
    2. At the beginning of the Obama era, 32 million Americans were on food stamps. Today, more than 47 million Americans are on food stamps.
    3. According to one calculation, the number of Americans on food stamps now exceeds the combined populations of “Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming.”
    4. The number of Americans receiving money directly from the federal government each month has grown from 94 million in the year 2000 to more than 128 million today.
    5. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, more than 146 million Americans are either “poor” or “low income” at this point.
    6. The unemployment rate in the United States is exactly where it was (7.8 percent) when Barack Obama first entered the White House in January 2009.
    7. When Barack Obama first entered the White House, 60.6 percent of all working age Americans had a job. Today, only 58.6 percent of all working age Americans have a job.
    8. During the first four years of Obama, the number of Americans “not in the labor force” soared by an astounding 8,332,000. That far exceeds any previous four year total.
    9. During Obama’s first term, the number of Americans collecting federal disability insurance rose by more than 18 percent.
    10. The Obama years have been absolutely devastating for small businesses in America. According to economist Tim Kane, the following is how the number of startup jobs per 1000 Americans breaks down by presidential administration…
    Bush Sr.: 11.3
    Clinton: 11.2
    Bush Jr.: 10.8
    Obama: 7.8
    11. Median household income in America has fallen for four consecutive years. Overall, it has declined by over $4000 during that time span.
    12. The economy is not producing nearly enough jobs for the hordes of young people now entering the workforce. Approximately 53 percent of all U.S. college graduates under the age of 25 were either unemployed or underemployed in 2011.
    13. According to a report from the National Employment Law Project, 58 percent of the jobs that have been created since the end of the recession have been low paying jobs.
    14. Back in 2007, about 28 percent of all working families were considered to be among “the working poor”. Today, that number is up to 32 percent even though our politicians tell us that the economy is supposedly recovering.
    15. According to the Center for Economic and Policy Research, only 24.6 percent of all of the jobs in the United States are “good jobs” at this point.
    16. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the middle class is taking home a smaller share of the overall income pie than has ever been recorded before.
    17. According to the Economic Policy Institute, the United States is losing half a million jobs to China every single year.
    18. The United States has fallen in the global economic competitiveness rankings compiled by the World Economic Forum for four years in a row.
    19. According to the World Bank, U.S. GDP accounted for 31.8 percent of all global economic activity in 2001. That number declined steadily over the course of the next decade and was only at 21.6 percent in 2011.
    20. The United States actually has plenty of oil and we should not have to import oil from the Middle East. We need to drill for more oil, but Obama has been very hesitant to do that. Under Bill Clinton, the number of drilling permits approved rose by 58 percent. Under George W. Bush, the number of drilling permits approved rose by 116 percent. Under Barack Obama, the number of drilling permits approved actually decreased by 36 percent.
    21. When Barack Obama took office, the average price of a gallon of gasoline was $1.84. Today, the average price of a gallon of gasoline is $3.26.
    22. Under Barack Obama, the United States has lost more than 300,000 education jobs.
    23. For the first time ever, more than a million public school students in the United States are homeless. That number has risen by 57 percent since the 2006-2007 school year.
    24. Families that have a head of household under the age of 30 now have a poverty rate of 37 percent.
    25. More than three times as many new homes were sold in the United States in 2005 as were sold in 2012.
    26. Electricity bills in the United States have risen faster than the overall rate of inflation for five years in a row.
    27. Health insurance costs have risen by 29 percent since Barack Obama became president.
    28. Today, 77 percent of all Americans live paycheck to paycheck at least part of the time.
    29. It is being projected that Obamacare will add 16 million more Americans to the Medicaid rolls.
    30. The total amount of money that the federal government gives directly to the American people has grown by 32 percent since Barack Obama became president.
    31. The Obama administration has been spending money on some of the most insane things imaginable. For example, in 2011 the Obama administration spent $592,527 on a study that sought to figure out once and for all why chimpanzees throw poop.
    32. U.S. taxpayers spend more than 20 times as much on the Obamas as British taxpayers spend on the royal family.
    33. The U.S. government has run a budget deficit of well over a trillion dollars every single year under Barack Obama.
    34. When Barack Obama was first elected, the U.S. debt to GDP ratio was under 70 percent. Today, it is up to 103 percent.
    35. During Obama’s first term, the federal government accumulated more debt than it did under the first 42 U.S presidents combined.
    36. As I wrote about yesterday, when you break it down the amount of new debt accumulated by the U.S. government during Obama’s first term comes to approximately $50,521 for every single household in the United States. Are you ready to contribute your share?
    37. If you started paying off just the new debt that the U.S. has accumulated during the Obama administration at the rate of one dollar per second, it would take more than 184,000 years to pay it off.
    But despite all of these numbers, the mainstream media and the left just continue to shower Barack Obama with worship and praise. Newsweek recently heralded Obama’s second term as “The Second Coming“, and at Obama’s pre-inauguration church service Reverand Ronald Braxton openly comp Obama to Moses....

16. Fallen

Fallen Well-Known Member

Among other things since becoming president, Barack Obama has:

Started a new war on terror - this one on ISIS.

Dropped bombs in 7 Muslim countries.

Said, “I believe in American exceptionalism with every fiber of my being.”

Bragged about his use of drones - I'm "really good at killing people".

Deported a modern-record 2 million immigrants.

Signed the Monsanto Protection Act into law.

Started a new war in Iraq.

Planned $355 billion for a nuclear weapons program.

Initiated, and personally oversees a 'Secret Kill List'.

Pushed for war on Syria while siding with al-Qaeda.

Backed neo-Nazis in Ukraine.

Supported Israel's wars and occupation of Palestine.

Drastically escalated the NSA spying program.

Deployed Special Ops to 134 countries - compared to 60 under Bush.

Did a TV commercial promoting "clean coal".

Signed the NDAA into law - making it legal to assassinate Americans w/o charge or trial.

Given Bush absolute immunity for everything.

Pushed for a TPP Trade Pact.

Signed more executive memoranda than any other president in history.

Sold $30 billion of weapons to the dictatorship in Saudi Arabia.

Signed an agreement for 7 military bases in Colombia.

Opened a military base in Chile.

Touted nuclear power, even after the disaster in Japan.

Opened up deepwater oil drilling, even after the BP disaster.

Mandated the Insider Threat Program which orders federal employees to report suspicious actions of their colleagues.

Defended body scans and pat-downs at airports.

Signed the Patriot Act extension into law.

Launched 20,000 Airstrikes in his first term.

Continued Bush's rendition program.

Said the U.S. is the "one indispensable nation" in the world.

Waged war on Libya without congressional approval.

Started a covert, drone war in Yemen.

Escalated the proxy war in Somalia.

Escalated the CIA drone war in Pakistan.

Sharply escalated the war in Afghanistan.

Assassinated 4 US citizens with drone strikes.

17. Fallen

Fallen Well-Known Member

News after Obama was elected to a second term - listed (roughly) chronologically, most recent first:

Huh? Obama: Defeating ISIS Hinges on Syria Regime Change

Obama administration to allow sales of armed drones to allies - will sell to allied countries, some of which have troubling records on human rights and political freedoms

Obama's Blank Check For War: Obama's authorization for the use of military force (AUMF) against ISIS permits action anywhere in the world against not just ISIS, but "associated forces"

13 Years, $1 Trillion Plus Spent, Obama Declares Afghan War a Success - Insists Protracted Occupation Made World 'Safer'

Obama administration refuses to pursue charges against CIA torturers in spite of scathing report

Obama has signed more executive memoranda than any other president in history

President Obama is actively seeking options for how to use ground troops in Iraq

Obama Extends NSA Spying Powers Yet Again

Obama Plans to Increase Number of Troops in Afghanistan in 2015

In Secret, Obama Extended U.S. Military Role in Afghanistan Combat (READ) - contradicting his statement in May " “America’s combat mission will be over by the end of this year. Starting next year, Afghans will be fully responsible for securing their country.”

White House, C.I.A. Working Together to Thwart Release of Agency's Torture Report

Obama immigration speech: Sounded just like Bush's 2006 speech

Obama punts on net neutrality

Obama doubles the number of troops in Iraq

Obama again pushing for TPP

Obama Could Reaffirm a Bush-Era Reading of a Treaty on Torture.

America's deadly double tap drone attacks are 'killing 49 people for every known terrorist in Pakistan' according to Stanford/NYU study.

White House exempts Syria airstrikes from tight standards on civilian deaths

U.S. Ramping Up Major Renewal in Nuclear Arms

U.S. to keep 9,800 troops in Afghanistan

Mass surveillance just earned another 90-day blank check, nine months after President Obama promised to rein in the NSA’s spying powers.

Obama and Cameron push for war on ISIS in Syria and Iraq - insists anyone who opposes this conflict is an "isolationalist"

Obama's Pentagon Covered Up War Crimes in Afghanistan, Says Amnesty International

Obama Authorizes Airstrikes in Iraq (yet somehow says, "As commander in chief, I will not allow the United States to be dragged into fighting another war in Iraq")

Obama Seeks to More Heavily Censor Drone Killing Memo

Speaking at the West Point commencement speech, President Obama put forward his foreign policy vision, which he described as “might doing right,” declaring that “I believe in American exceptionalism with every fiber of my being.”

Obama to announce direct training of "rebels" in Syria

Deal Welcoming US Military Into Philippines Slammed As 'Betrayal' - protesters burn effigy of Obama in Philippines

THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER

18. Mr_Truth

The Food Stamp program brings in about $1.50 for every dollar spent which makes it a profitable safety valve. Furthermore, without it tens of thousands of farms (mostly in the red states) would collapse which is why the Republicans approve of it so readily.

As for national debt, as Dick Cheney said "Reagan proved deficits don't matter".

Unlike Bush who was treated with kid gloves by the media, Obama has been attacked viciously by the media and by politicians. Despite every effort by the GOP to thwart his plans, the Obama agenda has succeeded in ways that far surpass the treasonous Bush regime.

19. Albert Di Salvo

Albert Di Salvo New Member

If the Obama agenda was to get lots of Americans to stop thinking of themselves as Americans Barack has been wildly successful.

20. dad2three

dad2three New Member

Yes, Dubya/GOP dug a DEEP AND WIDE HOLE and they fought EVERYTHING to help Obama pull US out of the ditch they drove US into. Remember how the right applauded the US losing a Chicago Olympic bid? Real patriots those right wingers

21. Albert Di Salvo

Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. Leftists just have to accept that as a fact.

22. dad2three

dad2three New Member

Dissent is fine, but cheering AGAINST the US winning an Olympic bid (JOBS, JOBS, JOBS)? lol

23. Albert Di Salvo

The jobs would have been in Chicago.

24. Mr_Truth

any traitor hates America and does not wish to identified as American they are free to leave any time they want

25. TexMexChef

TexMexChef Well-Known Member

Obama didn't enact the Patriot act or establish the FISA courts...so why would you be blaming him?