What do you think of 1 million Welfare moochers getting kicked off welfare?

Discussion in 'Civil Rights' started by Sgt_McCluskey, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Sgt_McCluskey

Sgt_McCluskey Banned

http://buzzpo.com/one-million-welfa...acebook.com&utm_campaign=positivelyrepublican

I'm happy about this. Too many people abuse welfare, I mean if you really need welfare then I support helping you, If you just want to live off of it when you're able to work but refuse to then you don't deserve anything. YOU DON'T WORK YOU DON'T EAT. And these people take welfare from the disabled people that really need it. I've had it with my tax money going to people that are lazy and call me names and hate me.

Greataxe likes this.
  2. Polydectes

Polydectes Well-Known Member

Bout time.

3. Arxael

Arxael Banned

Depends on how they are defining "job training" along with who and how they accredit that "job training". Without those details, they could be just creating yet another loophole that does nothing, yet the GOP will try to take credit for "reform". And yes, I don't care who does it, but we need REAL reform on the welfare program, not just a reclassification on a loophole IMO.

4. Casper

Casper Banned at Members Request Past Donor

I did not see how they came to the 1 Million people number, bit then I could have missed it with all the adds and fluff included in the site. So here comes the real question if they are going require that the person attend at least 20 hours of training who is going to pay for the training, I assume they plan on budgeting that training, I just saw nothing covering it, otherwise a good attorney will end up killing the law in it's tracks.

5. Casper

Casper Banned at Members Request Past Donor

I agree with reforming Welfare, too many do abuse it. That said making training a requirement means there has to be a way for them to get the training and someone on Welfare is there because they are .......wait for it........poor. The state will either have to have a state sponsored training program or the reform will be DOA.

6. blackharvest216

blackharvest216 Banned

Greeeeeat....

Give 1 million people no other means too survive than too steal sure can't imagine how things could go badly

Lol!!!

7. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

welfare is this countries bottom, I have never known anyone on welfare that wanted to be on welfare, and yes, I grew up with a parent that was on welfare for a few years, was not fun

why so many on the right are jealous of the poor is beyond me

maybe because I have been there I have a different view point then those that never have had the same experiences... don't know

8. Junkieturtle

Junkieturtle Well-Known Member Donor

Part of welfare programs are going to have to start including funding for people to move out of areas with low job opportunities to areas that have more of them. You can give a person all the training they need but if the area they live in has no opportunity and they can't afford to move, they're going to be jobless all the same.

9. Greataxe

Greataxe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Any able-bodied person that can work, but won't is LAZY. You are likely still an entitlement-seeking Leftist. Too good to work a low paying job. Too good to work with your back.

You could have worked in a chicken plant, or possibly joined the military back in the 80's. I'm sure you have your excuses.

10. Econ4Every1

Econ4Every1 Well-Known Member

The presumptions of your post are all wrong, but let's set that aside as they lead to much, much longer conversations about economics and just address this simple question....

What if "lazy people" use welfare to feed their children? Why should the children suffer?

11. delade

delade Well-Known Member

Open up 1 Million jobs worthy of livelihood expenses.

12. delade

delade Well-Known Member

We know that many people receiving welfare have jobs. But what other trends are there among people who get public assistance? To get a better idea of who was actually receiving public assistance in the United States, the U.S. Census Bureau recently took a closer look at participation in six major welfare programs from 2009 to 2012:

• Medicaid
    • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), better known as food stamps
    • Housing assistance
    • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
    • Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), or cash benefits
    • General Assistance
    Here are nine facts about who receives welfare benefits in the U.S.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/money-car...stats-about-public-assistance.html/?a=viewall

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  13. Ndividual

Ndividual Well-Known Member

With the exception of those who are totally incapable of performing any physical or mental labour, taxpayer funded, government provided, minimal welfare assistance should be provided all others in return for some needed productive activity beneficial to the society in which they live, which would then allow them to remain on welfare perpetually if they desire and bringing unemployment to near zero. Remuneration for welfare work assignments should be slightly less than a minimum wage job would provide, making welfare assistance less attractive than finding employment in the private sector. Those employed earning a minimum wage could add to their means by applying for, and being assigned additional work under the workfare program.

14. Just_a_Citizen

Just_a_Citizen Well-Known Member Past Donor

I've pointed out so many real world abuses, I've lost track.

All I can say is, don't expect much in the way of this making any lasting change....

Million ways to Game any system.

Word.

15. Ndividual

Ndividual Well-Known Member

You might ask how those employed by government welfare agencies view the consequences relating to their employment as a result of reducing the number of persons receiving welfare assistance.

16. Just_a_Citizen

Just_a_Citizen Well-Known Member Past Donor

We need to cull the chaff from the fields of Gubmint employment....

Think of them as Coal miners.

17. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

The number of people who actually cannot work is basically limited to those in a vegetative state.