Israel FM dismisses Palestinian threat over axe remark

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by Ronstar, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

2. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

what do you expect??

3. Karma Mechanic

Karma Mechanic Well-Known Member

no it doesn't it shows how crazy Lieberman is and how little you know about Israel

4. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Oh my... this is crazy.. What constitutes disloyalty on the part of an Arab Israeli?

5. notme

notme Well-Known Member

Actually it does.
    He demands people being executed IS-style when their FREE OPINION is not supportive enough of Israeli war criminal ways of thieving land across the border so Jews can live there at the expense of Arabs. That makes Lieberman a terrorist.

6. Karma Mechanic

This is about Lieberman not about most Israelis. What on Tuesday and you will see the end of his party.
    Lieberman needs to be dragged to Den Hag, but if you put his idiocy on all Israelis you are simply ignorant.

7. notme

notme Well-Known Member

Israeli's voted on him, he represents the Israeli's as the foreign minister.
    And what he said does show he is a crazed terrorist.
    Your opinion that "no it doesn't it shows how crazy Lieberman is" is incorrect.

No doubt he gets a lot of votes. That does say a lot about the Israeli-Jewish population, to vote on a Russian immigrant who wants the indigenous Arab population massacred for not supporting Jewish conquest.

8. Karma Mechanic

Nope a small minority did but with a coalition government this happens.

Yes he is crazy.

No it isn't Lieberman is crazy and he will become irrelevant after Tuesday.

No he does not....you obviously don't understand how the Israeli government works.

Nope you are wrong
    There are 11 members of his party in the Knesset out of 120...so............go learn and come back and you won't look foolish.

9. notme

notme Well-Known Member

10% voted on that crazed terrorist in 1013.
    And the rest of the government puts him on that pedestal to represent how Israel is to the world.

I call that a substantial number. And it's still 10% of the Israeli's that vote on a crazed terrorist who wants to axe the indigenous Arabs if they don't support his war criminal ways of thieving land from Arabs for Jews.

10. Casper

Casper Banned at Members Request Past Donor

When one commits the same acts of horror that their enemies do then they have become no different from what they hate, one proves their morality is better than the enemy by not becoming him.

11. Karma Mechanic

so again, you have no idea that how the Israeli government works.
    I also wonder why you would think 10% is a large number and Lieberman's party is polling at 5% now. So all of Louisiana should be painted with the brush of White Supremacy because at one time 11% voted for David Duke.

12. Rainbow Crow

Rainbow Crow New Member Past Donor

I'm kind of amused that the leftist opposition party in Israel is called the "Zionist Union." The Obamasquad are so excited over Netanyahu losing seats in a midterm election, as if that never happens to a sitting leader, but something tells me that Israeli leftists aren't much like western leftists.

13. notme

notme Well-Known Member

I seems you got no clue how it works. They don't have a 2 party system. Far from it. Hence 10% is significant. He is directly linked to Likud. So a vote on Likud is also a vote on him. It got him being part of the biggest party in Israel. Its also why he has a high position in the government. So it does says a lot.

14. stuntman

stuntman Well-Known Member

Lieberman is not part of the Likud. Yes he was because Bibi and Lieberman decided to unite, but it doenst lest long. Now Leiberman's party is not part of the Likud, but a different party.
    Today if Liebramn says something, then you need to connect it to his party and not to the Likud.

Just to make it clear, I'm not Lieberman supporter.

15. notme

notme Well-Known Member

Like I said he is directly linked to Likud. And so a vote on Likud, who is a pro colonisation party = warcrime, is also a vote on that terrorist.

16. stuntman

You right if you are refering to the begining of the last term. But Lieberman sepereted from Bibi in the middle of the term, which means that today he isnt linked to Likud, he is linked and represent his party "Israel Beitenu".

17. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yet this alleged 'act of horror' has not been committed, only expressed by a very small minority minister that will have no power. No worse than our country investigating scientists that do not toe the line on 'consensus science'.

18. Karma Mechanic

no it doesn't

Minority parties have power even if the vast major of people don't agree with them. So the idea that because a party that will likely get less than 5% of the vote on Tuesday has a leader that speaks for all of Israel and Jews is down right ridiculous. That is my point. Beyond that the coalitions that form have less to do with ideology and you will see that on Tuesday as well.

- - - Updated - - -

no he is not, no it is not and no you are ignorant of the reality on the ground in Israel.

19. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

His party is only expected to get 5 seats.

20. notme

notme Well-Known Member

Which means a vote on Likud was a vote on a terrorist,.. like I said.

21. stuntman

Yes, in the previous elections it was a vote for him was a vote for the Likud. But today, in the current elections, is not like that.

22. notme

notme Well-Known Member

In this case, this ISIS style politician joined forces with Likud. And they end up being the biggest block.

23. btthegreat

btthegreat Well-Known Member

The most probable interpretation of his remarks suggests a death penalty (beheading) sentencing post conviction for treason or terror related crime. I am not sure if this is any worse than any other form of capital punishment.

24. notme

notme Well-Known Member

So that's what I said. And you went no, no, no, no... but its yes yes yes.

25. krashsmith81

krashsmith81 New Member

I admit to not knowing a substantial amount about this particle issue. If this is like most disagreements, I would say both parties have done reprehensible things.
    Am I correct so far?
    Given the limited amount that I do know, if pressed to "take a side" I'd probably choose isreal at this point in time, as I continue to learn more.
    A question: I've been told some palestineans strap bombs to their kids...I want to know if the isrealies do this to, because as far as I know they don't, so it's because of little tidbits of knowledge like that that make me currently value isreal more, but if I am wrong and they do it to, then I want to know to keep everything in perspective as I learn more about both sides.