Are Blacks or Whites More Likely to Kill Police?

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Galileo, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Galileo

Galileo Well-Known Member

"From 1980 to 2013, there were 2,269 officers killed in felonious incidents, and 2,896 offenders. The racial breakdown of offenders over the 33-year period was on par with the 10-year period: 52 percent were white, and 41 percent were black....

"More white offenders than black offenders killed police between 1980 and 2013. Police officers were killed in ambush attacks by just as many black offenders as white offenders in the past three decades. There are no simple conclusions or trends that can be gleaned from the database alone, but it provides context that based on the raw numbers, officers are no more likely to be killed by black offenders than white offenders."
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...r-white-offenders-more-likely-to-kill-police/

But the author made no attempt to adjust for population differences. Blacks make up about 13% of the population and 41% of cop killers are black. Non Hispanic whites make up about 65% of the population and 52% of cop killers are white.

2. rayznack

rayznack Well-Known Member

3. GeddonM3

GeddonM3 Well-Known Member

Beat me to it. Whites and hispanics are lumped together for certain statistics, and divided when need be.

4. straight ahead

straight ahead Well-Known Member

When need be to help the liberal agenda.

5. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

are you hispanic or latino?

6. GeddonM3

Do you even know the distinction? I am hispanic and Latino.

7. GeddonM3

Your ignorance is shining again. You do know that hispanic pertains to language and Latino pertains to geography right?

You can be Latino and no Hispanic but you can also be both. For example Italians are latino, but they are not hispanic because they dont speak spanish. Same with Brazilians, as they are Latino but they speak Portuguese so they are not Hispanic .

I'm Mexican, and we are Latino and Hispanic. Do you need another history lesson? Or are you going to tell me you know more about where I came from than I do?

8. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

so basically youre hispanic.

9. MrNick

MrNick Banned

Hispanic is a culture that speaks Spanish - it's not an ethnic race....

10. After Hours

After Hours Well-Known Member

So all of this right wing talk about "hispanics ruining white culture" is a farce??? Interesting.

11. MrNick

MrNick Banned

Hispanics can be white - Spanish people are white.

Furthermore, who said anything about "white culture?" (what is white culture?) illegal aliens from south of the border are stealing jobs and taxpayer money, bringing crime and disease while playing victim.... I don't know how their nonsense can affect "white culture" - it certainly affects US culture.

There is no such thing as "white culture" there is Polish culture, Russian culture, German culture, Swedish culture, Sicilian culture, Italian culture, Irish culture, Scott culture, French culture, Spanish culture -- get it? of course progressives don't get it.

12. After Hours

No, I agree with what you are saying with regards to "white culture", and how it doesn't exist.

But maybe you haven't noticed, or don't want to take notice due to partisan reasons, but your right wing brethren on this forum (and frankly, all over the internet) are always crying about how "white culture" is being ruined by EVIL non white minorities.

13. MrNick

MrNick Banned

I have never heard anyone claim they're ruining "white culture", US culture certainly but not "white culture."

"right wing brethren"

You do realize republicans think I'm too "left wing" and progressives think I'm too "right wing"?

I'm a classical liberal - I'm not a member of the RNC, and I'm not a member of the DNC... Yes, I usually have to vote for the non-progressive candidate, however I nominate libertarians.

14. After Hours

Of course, you only hear or read what you want to hear or read.

15. MrNick

MrNick Banned

Yeah you're the only one using ignorant terms like "white culture." You didn't even know what a Hispanic was until today... No one intelligent would use the term "white culture" and those you refer to as my 'brethren' are more intelligent than that.

16. After Hours

Uh, I know exactly what an hispanic is, especially since I've lived in a predominately hispanic neighborhood for years.

And I've already told you, "White culture" is something your fellow right wing posting buddies always talk about. I suspect you know this, but due to partisan reasons, have to pretend otherwise.

17. Pax Aeon

Pax Aeon Well-Known Member

`
    Technically, you are correct but colloquially, Latino and Hispanic are used interchangeably, though there still is a dispute on its formal usage. The same applies to the words gay and homosexual, which are used interchangeably but have their own specific definitions.
    `

18. GeddonM3

its a subject with some grey area, many people get confused. But being my family comes from a latino country as well as speaking spanish, we are hispanic and latino.

The homosexual thing is somewhat similar, but in reality it is a term to describe gay and lesbian as a whole. Homosexual just means you are attracted to the opposite sex, gay and lesbian is just describing the sex of the homosexual.The only time homosexual does not apply to someone who likes the opposite sex is when someone likes both men and women, that is on its own as Bi-sexual and cant technically be covered under homosexuality. But either way, gay men and lesbians are both homosexual. As again, you can be Latino and not be hispanic as my example using Italians and Brazilians.

- - - Updated - - -

Technically I am a Hispanic American with Latin descent.

19. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

LOL, so now Hispanics are considered as white.