Would Mitt Romney as President in 2016 inspire Iran to scrap nuclear weapon plans?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by DennisTate, Mar 19, 2015.

1. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

I made that comment over in another thread and yes........ I believe that Mitt as President would scare the Iranians somewhat like President Reagan did back in 1979!

Within months of Mitt Romney taking office.......... I believe that Iran will be playing a very different tune than they are now!

http://www.politicalforum.com/opinion-polls/401289-poll-hero-netahyahu-re-elected-no-palestine.html

"POLL: Hero Netahyahu re-elected! No to Palestine. "

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/08/...hafbp&utm_medium=fbpage&utm_campaign=haupdate

2. Reality

Reality Well-Known Member

The man said "Only if my wife says ok" AND she said "I'll (*)(*)(*)(*)ing divorce you. No." End of story. <<< That right there disqualifies him from being president in my mind. Yes yes he has a family etc. but your wife does not call the (*)(*)(*)(*)ing shots if you're going to run for president. A husband wouldn't call the shots on a female leader either.
    So laying aside his abysmal performances the past 2 cycles that right there keeps him from qualifying.
    As to will he scare Iran: He had to ask mommy for permission. You think that scares them at all? Even a little bit? It doesn't.
    Romney. Cannot. Win. Let. IT. GO. That is IF you want a pub in office in 16. If you want billary to win keep up the romney schtick.

3. DennisTate

On the other hand he almost won against an incumbent President.... .which is something that almost never happens.

Also.... .Hurricane Sandy helped President Obama immensely because he responded to it extremely well..... which earned him points all over America but especially in the north eastern USA.

4. Reality

He almost won against a sitting incumbent who happens to be THE WORST president we've EVER HAD. WORSE THAN CARTER! << You have to TRY to be that (*)(*)(*)(*)ty at your job!
    Besides: Almost only counts in horseshoes and handgrenades.
    Romney CANT win, as demonstrated multiple times. What the GOP needs is someone without a lot of baggage. < That person is not mitt romney.
    It might be Walker, it might be Paul, it might be Rubio or Cruz. It will not be Romney, Perry, Santorum, Bush, Huckabee or any other establishment candidate. If you push one of them through the primary you will get the same response you got last time: You'll have only part of the base and you'll have none of the extra, which will lead to Billary. Do you WANT Billary?

5. DennisTate

But what would you say if Jeb Bush appeared to be the clear leader by September to November of 2015?

Isn't Mitt a better choice than Jeb?

I got the impression that Mitt thinks that this is the scenario where he should enter the race...… if Jeb becomes the leader! That would explain why he has criticized Jeb Bush so much publicly.

6. Reality

Uh kill myself? (a joke). IF that's the case, I'll vote 3rd party like I have the last 2 elections. I am not forced to choose the lesser of 2 evils. It can be the lesser of 10 or 15 or how many I feel like.

7. WillReadmore

WillReadmore Well-Known Member

Mitt hasn't held public office for a long, long time, has no ties to foreign diplomacy or our department of state, has no connection to Iran, has no credentials in studying the situation, has never made more than a position paper on the topic.

So, you can't possibly support this notion that Mitt could do better than Obama, Netanyahu, Kerry, Hawkish Hillary, Colin Powell, Rumsfeld, GWBush or any of the others who actually have credentials and have faced this issue - and have followed a diplomatic course of action.

8. DennisTate

But doesn't voting for the third party pretty much guarantee a win by the Democratic Party?

9. DennisTate

Yes........ actually I can!

All of us psychologically profile people. Within seconds of meeting somebody we form impressions that are actually difficult to change later on......&#8230; even when we have again and again seen that our first impression of them was incorrect.

My wife is very good at doing this. She actually shocked me a few years ago by warning me that a certain person could not be trusted. She was right..............

10. AmericanNationalist

AmericanNationalist Well-Known Member

How'd he "respond well" to it? Huddling up with Chris Christie in a trench coat while the U.S Senate laudered NJ with billions in taxpayer waste(I mean money)?

You know, like this.

Obama won on smearing Mitt Romney(and Romney himself did no favors with his 47% gaffe) when Romney correctly identified the culprits as terrorists committing an act of terror. Obama used that and said that was an example of premature behavior. No, threatening another country with war and having ships stationed at a nation's border, when that nation is allied with a country with nuclear weapons THAT is premature behavior, and extremely dangerous.

You are right though, no neo-con or establishment candidate will win. But will the GOP endorse the TP? It worked for Netanyahu to endorse an entirely different political paradigm. Of course, Israel has always been center-right.(While I identify most of the TP as Centrist. Centrists who were too cowardly and now have a bad media rap. Thanks to Democratic sabotage via media outlets.)

DennisTate and (deleted member) like this.
  11. DennisTate

I am convinced that there are some aspects of TP economic theory that must be understood or the American economy will not be able to recover as well as is possible.

http://www.politicalforum.com/opini...etary-policy-central-american-revolution.html

Is it historically accurate that monetary policy was central to American Revolution?

http://rense.com/general66/nobeyb.htm

America Created It's
    Own Money In 1750
    How Benjamin Franklin Made
    New England Prosperous
    By Congressman Charles G. Binderup
    Copyright © 1941

12. Reality

Nope. Because if people would stop choosing the lesser of two evils and pull their heads from their asses they'd vote libertarianish and save themselves a lot of trouble. Not my job to follow the herd off the cliff dude. Yall wanna then go ahead. But I ain't gonna do it. I'll vote my conscience and sleep soundly at night.

13. DennisTate

Yes........... back in 2008 I actually voted Green for the first time in my life.

Canada's national leader of the Green Party campaigned in my area...&#8230; She personally responded to my 2008 campaign writing in a way that was both courageous as well as truthful. I tend to vote for our incumbent M. P. Peter MacKay but...&#8230; Ms. Elizabeth May's response was so good that at the last moment I decided to cast my ballot for her.

Six and a half years later and I noticed that I was seriously in error about something that I felt back in 2008 that she had wrong.

http://www.politicalforum.com/canad...008-campaign-my-apology-ms-elizabeth-may.html

Ignorance shown in my 2008 campaign, my apology to Ms. Elizabeth May!

Back in 2008 when I campaigned for the office of municipal councilor my ignorance regarding the importance of reducing atmospheric carbon is out there for all to see!

I am wondering if the information regarding the increasing acidity of the oceans can alter how we view the importance of altering our economy?

http://www.bankingsystemsflaws.blogspot.ca/

14. DennisTate

Volunteerism in some form is calculated to be well over twenty percent of the GNP of America.

I have a challenge in mind for Mr. Mitt Romney, that could assist him to better organize, focus and actually increase volunteerism. President Obama might even like this one because it can turn into a win - win - win - win scenario for members of both major political parties......

If Mitt.........&#8230; would become an actor playing the role of himself, in a semi-reality science fiction film project...&#8230; set in 2012 and 2013......&#8230; he could go on Shark Tank and get Kevin O'Leary and the other sharks, to print up a Mitt Romney Volunteerism Hour, similar to the Ithaca Hour, and this new currency unit could become a prop in a series of films.

I believe that he should print up one hundred million Mitt Romney Volunteerism Hours, then a billion of them, then ten billion of them, then a hundred billion of them and later on 888.9 billion of them, to bring the total to a trillion volunteerism hours............. which can be used to partly finance film projects that address actual problems that people are facing now........

Only the private sector is free to address the problems that any government agency faces when they try to deal with massive problems. The immigrants that are being taken from Turkey and Jordan to America so far......&#8230; are mostly Sunni Muslim, and are not in any where nearly as much danger as Christians, Ba'hai's, Jews, or members of the LBGT community who live in Iraq or Syria.

http://www.politicalforum.com/canad...ts-take-937-those-syrian-refugees-canada.html
    Mr. Justin Trudeau, let's take 937 of those Syrian refugees to Canada?

15. DennisTate

P. M. Stephen Harper is certainly worried about this election with so many of his most experienced cabinet ministers resigning&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; If Mitt came up with a way to partly finance a plan for turning the nation of Jordan green&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;. and financing moving large numbers of Christian refugees to Canada&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.. one trillion Volunteerism Hours would theoretically equal about eleven trillion dollars&#8230;&#8230;.. If 2017 is indeed a Jubilee year&#8230;&#8230;. that would be an interesting way to set the stage for a major Jubilee??????

http://www.politicalforum.com/relig...s-p-m-brokering-jordan-israel-peace-deal.html
    Please pray or meditate on Canada's P. M. brokering Jordan - Israel peace deal?

&#8230;&#8230;(post #12)&#8230;.
    My guess on the new colour for Jordan would be GREEN&#8230;. as Isaiah 35 is fulfilled and the deserts of Jordan would be turned green through a great increase in desalination of ocean water&#8230;&#8230;. Not to mention the blessing of God!

http://saharaforestproject.com/projects/jordan.html

Dannion Brinkley&#8230;.. saw the combined Jordan - Israel state as a negative&#8230;&#8230;.. but&#8230;. obviously this is still an improvement over the present situation&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.. especially if this would stop ISIS from advancing??????!

Also&#8230;.. there is the option of the new Israel - Jordan state&#8230;&#8230;. using films to address problems&#8230;&#8230;. so various Film Production Kibbutzes could enact&#8230;&#8230;. aspects of this possible other time line&#8230;&#8230;. and the reality would not need to be so bad in this time line???!

16. Natty Bumpo

Natty Bumpo Well-Known Member

In you fantasy, do you also imagine Willard Romney contriving an arm-for-hostage deal with Iran? (Under Reagan, more than 1,500 missiles were shipped to Iran. Three hostages were released, only to be replaced with three more, in what Secretary of State George Shultz called "a hostage bazaar.")

The scam was exposed by the the Lebanese newspaper "Al-Shiraa" in November 1986.

After Reagan went on television and vehemently denied that any such operation had occurred, he was forced to retract his false statement.

In your fictitious version of a Romney presidency, would he behave similarly?

17. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

L
    Has anyone actually seen evidence that Iran is developing nuclear weapons. If so please post links. Note am not asking for opinion pieces am looking for actual evidence.

18. DennisTate

Actually&#8230;&#8230;. my fantasy is for American churches to Rise Up&#8230;&#8230;. and do what needs to be done to greatly improve the economy and make the world more peaceful.

Mitt could be the guy to perhaps get the Latter Day Saints to lead the charge&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.

http://sidroth.org/television/tv-archives/shane-warren-america
    Shane Warren, the Future of America.
    Around the 17 minute mark in this video Pastor Shane Warren talks about having a dream in which he saw a hurricane of money&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;. Mitt and/or his supporters printing up a trillion Volunteerism Hours of some form&#8230;&#8230; could theoretically be accepted as part of the funding for a peace deal between Jordan and Israel that could go a long way toward proving that the Islamic nations could cooperate some with the western democracies&#8230;&#8230;. if we word the offer better.

We need to quote their own prophecies&#8230;&#8230;..

http://www.angelfire.com/moon2/koran/index.blog?topic_id=1021110

19. Natty Bumpo

Natty Bumpo Well-Known Member

There is none, according to US intelligence.

It is mainly Israel trying to convince the US that Iran is acting like Israel.

20. DennisTate

Well&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;. I am no expert on this&#8230;&#8230; but I think that the key&#8230;&#8230;.. is to convince China&#8230;&#8230;. to convince Israel&#8230;.. to cooperate in massive semi-reality science fiction film projects?!

If China gets into feel good, positive apocalyptic film projects&#8230;.. maybe they can convince Iran to behave???!

http://www.politicalforum.com/relig...mageddon-could-bring-world-out-recession.html
    Artistic Hollywood style "Armageddon" could bring world out of recession?!

&#8230;A serious attempt to replicate "Armageddon" would create a minimum of two hundred million jobs in China, India, Russia and Mongolia alone....... not to mention the number of jobs this would generate in Israel and the surrounding nations.

Revelation 9:16
    "And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them."

China now holds so many American dollars that any possible way to cooperate at a higher level seems to be worthy of consideration.

One of the "stages" is the Jerusalem Third Temple complex. Without conflict a film is boring and we all know that lots of conflict surrounds the idea of rebuilding the Third Temple. Two logical years for this to happen are 2030 (only fifteen years in the future) and also 2070.

http://www.politicalforum.com/relig...ay-least-expensive-way-stabilize-climate.html

Rebuilding of Jerusalem Third Temple may be least expensive way to stabilize climate?

21. DennisTate

CourtJester&#8230;.. what do you personally think of the articles over the years about American teenage geniuses who built a nuclear device&#8230;&#8230;.. minus the uranium or plutonium necessary to make it work?

If one American kid can put together something like that&#8230;&#8230; then any wealthy nation that seriously attempts to get nuclear weapons&#8230;&#8230;.. probably could do so!

Sorry&#8230;. this is an opinion piece&#8230;. but it is a pretty good one.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...lear-program-you-were-too-embarrassed-to-ask/
    So obviously&#8230;&#8230; if Iran has even one teenager as intelligent as some of those American kids who built bombs&#8230;.. minus the fissionable material&#8230;&#8230; then&#8230;..

http://www.cnet.com/news/13-year-old-builds-working-nuclear-fusion-reactor/
    "13-year-old builds working nuclear fusion reactor
    UK schoolboy Jamie Edwards becomes the youngest person to build a working nuclear fusion reactor thanks to the backing of his school."

&#8230;(Sorry&#8230;. I am not that great on Google&#8230;. but this is far better than a depressing article about nasty deadly weapons&#8230;. this is about a UK teenager&#8230; doing something positive)!

CourtJester&#8230;. what about the last Iranian leader&#8230;&#8230; do you personally think that he was into the idea of Jihad&#8230;&#8230;. in a pretty huge way?

22. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

Actually managing to,fuse two atoms may be technically nuclear fusion but it is way,way, distant from building an actual functioning commercial reactor. And building a functioning reactor is a long way from building a nuclear bomb and a delivery system.

And of course this is all irrelevant to the question of Iran developing nuclear weapons. To me the fact that neither the US or Isreal seems to have any evidence of a nuclear weapons program in Iran and yet both countries use this to stoke anti Iran feelings seems ominously reminiscent of the buildup to the Iraq war.

Also note that no country has been able to build a Sucessful commercial fusion reactor. This is the holy grail of energy generation. All reactors currently are fission reactors.

23. DennisTate

Are you joking?

If so….LOL! …. because that is funny……… how in the world could an American teenager……. building a workable atomic bomb….. minus the enriched uranium or plutonium….. be irrelevant to the question of a large nation like Iran being capable of developing a workable nuclear weapon????????

Yupp….. you must have been joking……. but somehow I don't really feel like laughing…. because I get the feeling that you are at least somewhat serious!

http://listverse.com/2013/07/09/resend-10-modern-child-prodigies/

I can certainly see why the Wikipedia article does NOT go into detail regarding the bomb… that he built when he was only ten! Doing so might cause many Americans to worry that perhaps….. George W. Bush may actually have been one of America's greatest Presidents….. within fifty years we may receive declassified information that strongly indicates that President Bush's initiative into Iraq…. may well have saved the lives of millions of Americans??????!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Wilson

24. DennisTate

Perhaps I owe you an apology… but I quoted you into a discussion that I just began on the Canadian forum……

http://www.politicalforum.com/canad...ush-my-two-favourite-american-presidents.html
    Presidents Reagan and President George W. Bush, my two favourite American Presidents.

I didn't join Canada's Liberal party back in 2009 to make everybody happy.

On the official Liberal Party discussion forum I get the impression that many active Liberal Party writers think that I am some sort of Conservative Party plant?!

I'm not……. I am basically happy with Canada's Liberal Party….. I am really glad that Liberal Leader Mr. Stephan Dion made it clear that the Liberal Party takes climate change very seriously.

I was also impressed when Liberal Party leader Mr. Michael Ignatieff stated that the 2009 budget tabled by P. M. Stephen Harper was relatively "liberal" considering that it was done up by P. M. Stephen Harper and his assistants.

But…… what I feel is needed most in Canadian politics is for members of all major political parties to apply the principles elaborated on in the film "The Secret."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_(book)

Liberals, Conservatives, the NDP and Canada's Green Party need to talk to each other more and cooperate at a higher level to set in motion win - win - win - win initiatives in Canada, and around the world.

Although this is a terribly un-cool thing to do….. I admit it…. back in 2012, if I had been American I would almost certainly have voted for Mitt Romney and back in 2008 I almost certainly would have voted for McCain - Palin. In the event that Mitt Romney enters the Presidential race and is elected as POTUS in 2016…. my having expressed my opinion….. might actually turn out to be of some value?!

25. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

everyone that loses almost won, course 2nd place doesn't really mean much when there is only two people running