Is the, "wage gap," a scheme by feminists

Discussion in 'Women's Rights' started by ryobi, Mar 19, 2015.

1. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

Is the wage gap a scheme by feminists to get people who don't work hard to get paid as much as those who do work hard as long as the ones not working hard are women?

2. doombug

doombug Well-Known Member

The wage gap is a lie by the liberals.

3. shmittygoatman

shmittygoatman New Member

Funny how all the things you disagree with are "lies". Unless you can prove your claim with numbers, nobody has any reason to believe you.

4. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Well-Known Member

Feminist Gay Agenda alliance is more dangerous to humanity then Genghis Khan and a Hitler mixed mutant.

5. doombug

You mean phony numbers like the left uses? Everyone knows why the phony wage gap numbers show up. Don't pretend you do not.

6. shmittygoatman

I'm just saying that claims have to be backed up with numbers. Do you have numbers proving that the wage gap is a lie? Feel free to post them.

I'm not making a statement either way on the legitimacy of the wage gap, because I don't have numbers or facts.

7. doombug

Here, read about it for once:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-gender-pay-gap-is-a-complete-myth/

8. shmittygoatman

9. doombug

The wage gap is just another instance where people use numbers and draw their own conclusions without considering the real reasons behind the numbers. I can't believe people still buy into the myths.

10. Fugazi

Fugazi New Member Past Donor

This establishes nothing, try doing a direct comparison between men and women who occupy the same employment position, what the right are doing (as usual) is taking this data out of context as all it shows (correctly) is that on the average woman are paid less than men .. an average does not equate for like to like comparisons .. and using it to try and demean the feminist movement over all instead of focussing on the radical element, this is a common failure by most anti-feminists, they adhere to generalization and guilt by association fallacies.

11. Fugazi

try these facts as well for a more balanced view

http://www.bls.gov/cps/cpsaat39.htm

Where it clearly shows that in like for like employment positions women are usually paid less than their male counterparts .. personally I think that if a man and woman are employed in the same position level with the same qualifications, experience and work ethic they should be paid the same.

12. Fugazi

I disagree with you, I have done like for like comparisons between men and woman in the same positions with similar qualifications, experience and work ethic and have found that men on the whole are paid more than their female counterparts.

13. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member Past Donor

Men work longer hours and jobs that are higher risk. How many women are willing to work with molten metal in a steel mill? How many women are willing to into a burning building to save someone from a fire?

That is why "the wage gap" is bull(*)(*)(*)(*).

14. FoxHastings

FoxHastings Well-Known Member

How many men are willing to work with molten metal in a steel mill?

You think because SOME men work long hours and have high risk jobs ALL men should get paid more than women? That's dumb.

IF a woman did work in a steel mill all she asks is to be paid the same as the people doing the same work.

There ARE female firefighters and women who do many hazardous jobs and they should be paid the same as the person next to them, doing the same job, is paid.

Why would any sane person think women don't work long hours?

Why would any sane person think a female scientist, engineer, or doctor should get paid less than a steel mill worker OR a male scientist, engineer, or doctor?

15. Wolverine

Where did I state that because some men do something that all men should be paid more?

Address my post accurately, avoid hyperbolic responses.

16. FoxHastings

In the bolded above.

Now address the rest of my post .... try leaving the silliness behind...and try reading posts 11 and 12.........

17. Wolverine

Well, when you take a thousand men, who are working in steel mills, fire fighting, etc., then compare that to a thousand nurses and secretaries, the average is going to be skewed. No one is claiming that just because a few do earn more in high risk professionals that all men in low risk professions should as well. It is all about averages.

And no, women are not just as capable as men. There are three women on my fire department, and guess what? Neither one of them are strong enough to drag me, in full PPE and SCBA, across a floor without male assistance. All of the guys can. So guess who is not going with me in an interior attack?

The wage gap is a myth:
    https://youtu.be/hRfERVPq2VE

18. FoxHastings

:) The OLD "she can't save my weak, helpless butt so what good is she"....:) ( with NO proof whatsoever)

You just refuse to see that women should be paid the same as a man DOING THE SAME JOB.......ya know, "doing the same job", those aren't big or complicated words....even a very young child can understand them ...IF they're not frightened and insecure. ;)

How ignorant to think the wage gap being determined by comparing nurses and steel mill workers wages..

Maybe , if it's possible, I can make this simple enough for even you to understand. Do you think a female nurse and a male nurse, with the same education, same duties should be paid the same or should the male nurse should be paid more because men work in the steel industry?

19. Wolverine

They can operate the hose for external attack or retrieve tools.

Of course, if it is the same job then sure. But you fail to understand why the averages different.

Your ad homind attacks just go to demonstrate or own lack of intelligence and capability of using your limited reading comprehension skills.

Watch the video. Address the issue, not the person, comprehend what you read.

Have I ever said that two people performing the same job should be paid differently? Nope. Understand that or (*)(*)(*)(*) off.

20. FoxHastings

21. Princess Supastar

Princess Supastar Banned

I always assumed that the wage gap was common knowledge and find it astonishing that some people are willing to argue there is no such thing. However, on reading the posts they do put up an argument.:hmm: That there is even an argument to begin with came as a shock to me.

Perhaps it's something I need to look into :omfg:

I believe it's probably in the private sector that the gap is extreme. In the public sector rules are made by government so there is much more chance of there being equal pay. In the male dominated private sector the more aggressive and ruthless characters get the most money so it stands to reason that the physically dominant male can bully his way to the top so to speak.

22. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

The wage gap exists,but it's a result of choice, not discrimination.

For example women are more likely to choose majors at university that result in them being qualified for less lucrative careers, like social work, art,education. While men are more likely to choose majors at university that result in them being qualified for more lucrative careers, like engineering.

23. Princess Supastar

Princess Supastar Banned

Why is Engineering paid more than Social Work?

24. FoxHastings

Because social work has more women and engineering has more men....

25. Junkieturtle

Junkieturtle Well-Known Member Donor

I don't see how that scheme would work because working hard does not in any way mean you will be paid more, and likewise, not working hard does not mean you will be paid less. What matters are the job you're doing and who you're employed by.