The Army's Racial Thursdays

Discussion in 'Warfare / Military' started by APACHERAT, Mar 21, 2015.

1. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

Army probes alleged ‘Racial Thursdays’: What is military's diversity record ?

>"Two soldiers say that an Alaska unit took part in what was known as ‘Racial Thursdays,’ a weekly event in which troops were allowed – and in some cases encouraged – to make racial slurs."<

I wonder what the community organizer has to say about "his" Army ? He did say that he was going to change the face of "his" military, change the purpose of the military, change it's traditions, regulations, customs and culture.

In just six years the whole country has gone on a racial binge, even Starbucks has gone racial. Why not the Army ?

2. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

Although I think the "racial Thursdays" is odd, I also think it's not common. More interesting I thought was the decline of minorities in the military:

In fact, the latest Pentagon numbers indicate that minority participation in the armed services is on the decline.

Today, about 1 in 5 Army soldiers is African-American, according to figures provided by the US Army, compared with nearly 27 percent in 1995.

In the Marine Corps, the proportion of African-American enlisted troops was 20 percent in 1985. Today, 30 years later, it stands at 11 percent. Of the 20,837 officers in the Marine Corps, 1,117 are African-American, according to Marine Corps figures provided to the Monitor. Of 81 general officers, five are black.

Across the military, the force is 16.6 percent black, greater than the 13.6 percent of the total US population who are African-American. But 10 years ago, in 2005, black troops made up 17.8 percent of the armed forces, according to a US military demographic report.

The number of African-American troops tends to be higher in support jobs such as cooks and mechanics, and lower in the combat positions, the profession that has traditionally offered the most reliable pathway to advancement in the military.

I find it interesting that, considering the higher unemployment for various minority groups, there are declining numbers joining the military.

3. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

Black Americans are pretty picky on which wars they want to fight. They didn't want to fight in Vietnam and they don't want to kill Islamist jihadist today. The exodus of blacks leaving the military started right after 9/11.

And with today's all volunteer military and a policy of allowing soldiers to choose which military field they will work in, you don't see to many blacks serving in combat arms. I suppose most blacks who do serve, do so to get out of the hood or Obama's America, not duty to country.

Below is a article from 2007, almost eight years ago. I didn't know that blacks didn't like G.W. Bush and it might explane why Obama is always bad mouthing America while defending Islam.