Why aren't there EVER any Stars on the Horizon?

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by Validation Boy, Mar 21, 2015.

You are viewing posts in the Conspiracy Theory forum. PF does not allow misinformation. However, please note that posts could occasionally contain content in violation of our policies prior to our staff intervening.

1. Validation Boy

Validation Boy Well-Known Member

No matter where you go, no matter how far away from light pollution and air pollution you get, stars never appear on the horizon.

They are always very high up in the sky.

If the earth were really a sphere, thousands, even millions of stars would be visible all the way from one edge of the sky dome to the other.

They are not.

If the earth were really a sphere, airplanes would appear over the horizon with their belly facing the observer.

They do not.

If the earth were really a sphere, buildings and boats on the distant horizon would TILT AWAY.

They do not.

Explain all that, science worshippers.

You guys are hilarious. You'd rather believe the lies that come out of the TV and the Rockefeller funded school system, than observe obvious realities with your own two eyes.

Go outside tonight and test what I'm telling you!!!!!

I'm past feeling sorry for you people.

You guys really cannot be taken seriously with the crap you parrot.

2. Poor Debater

Poor Debater New Member

It's because of atmospheric extinction. As you look at the horizon, you're looking sideways through the atmosphere, through a great thickness of the air. And air is not completely transparent, it absorbs and scatters some of the light that passes through it. By the time it makes it to your eye, starlight is much, much dimmer that it would have been if it had been transiting the atmosphere at a higher angle.

As a secondary effect, the atmosphere itself has a slight glow caused by oxygen atoms. This skyglow is also dependent on how much air you're looking through, which means there's more skyglow near the horizon than at the zenith. That means that not only does less starlight get through near the horizon, but there is less contrast too because of the effects of skyglow.

3. contrails

contrails Active Member

Do you know how large the Earth is? All you need to figure this out is a little trigonometry. When an airplane flying at 36,000 feet appears over the horizon, it is only about 250 miles away. At that distance, the tilt would only be about 3.5 degrees. With the right equipment, you might actually be able to detect this, but certainly not with the naked eye. For a more noticeable tilt of say 15 degrees, Earth's radius would have to be about 200 miles instead of the nearly 4,000 miles it actually is.

4. Rickity Plumber

Rickity Plumber Banned

That is because you are looking through more of the atmosphere. Does not take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. You can not even see a full moon at horizon where we live here.

For having a name like validation boy, you are clueless sometimes.

5. Rickity Plumber

Rickity Plumber Banned

And let me tell you something else validationbay. The two massive towers for the Verazano Bridge ARE tilted away from each other. Where do you come up with this stuff?

6. Pax Aeon

Pax Aeon Well-Known Member

`
    The reason you cannot see stars on the horizon is because GOD ordains it so. According to Genesis 58:269 - Thus sayth the Lord thy God...and mankind shall ever see stars on a horizon, because I felt like it.
    `

7. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

Not in an area without light pollution. The darker the area, the closer to the horizon you can see. In addition, the close to the horizon, the more of the atmosphere you are looking through to see the stars. Atmospheric effects are much greater at the horizon for that reason. I have seen stars pretty close to the horizon, but that was in the desert at about midnight. (stars get brighter the further from sunset/sunrise you are, up to a point).

Well, if you could make accurate measurements of the above, you would notice it. The thing is, the tilt of all of those things is unnoticeable. The curvature of the earth is fairly shallow, in comparison to human sized things.

A degree of longitude at the equator is roughly 60 miles. Roughly speaking you can see an airliner (under good atmospheric conditions) at 200 miles. That would mean the difference in angle in the plane would be 4 degrees max. That is not noticeable. With buildings, the degree of tilt would be even less. It's basic 7th grade math, which I presume you have had.

8. Xanadu

Xanadu New Member

Humans have put eyes (satellites, Hubble telescope) in the sky. No need for scientific proof or two eyes reality. One monitor and one eye is enough to see that Stars are all around us. Btw. Can you see the Moon on the Horizon?

9. OldManOnFire

OldManOnFire Well-Known Member

Either you forgot to take the protective caps off of your binoculars, or, you are blind...not just optically blind but blind to math and science. But you are excused because you are a Boy and you just have not yet been exposed to Knowledge 101...

10. AlpinLuke

AlpinLuke Well-Known Member

Exactly. And the behavior of a start is predictable once we know its magnitude. An empirical rule suggests that the altitude of first visibility of a star will be equal to its magnitude in degrees on the horizon [a start of magnitude 1 will be visible at 1° above the horizon ...

11. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

I watched a star just this morning, rise above the horizon, and tonight, if it is still clear, I will watch that star sink to the horizon, and then vanish behind it, followed by darkness.

Not many people know this, but the only time you can look directly at that star, our sun, is at sunrise and sunset, as it isn't a brilliant because its rays have to pass through the atmosphere at more of an angle, which lessens the brightness along with UV rays that reach the eyes. We have a group of people called sun gazers that do this for supposed health reasons, mental health I think.

Given your post here, I might suggest that you began to sun gaze yourself. It is said to make one to be able to be rational and logical, to a greater extent, which seems to be something you might find useful. :)

12. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

MOD EDIT - Rule 3

Science is always about change but rarely about a change in paradigm. However, such a change is underway in science. Still a minority position, it is nonetheless the trend direction in a wide range of disciplines, from medicine to biology to physics. Whole new sub-disciplines have emerged driven by the results of this research. This work is pushing toward a new paradigm, one that is neither dualist nor monist but rather one that postulates consciousness as the fundamental basis of reality. Max Planck, the father of Quantum Mechanics, framed it very clearly in an interview with the respected British newspaper, The Observer in its January 25, 1931, edition. Context is always important, and Planck understood very well that he was taking a public position, speaking as one of the leading physicists of his generation, through one of Britain׳s most important articles. He did not mince words: “I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.”

For Sir Martin Rees, Astronomer Royal of England, it looks this way, “In the beginning there were only probabilities. The universe could only come into existence if someone observed it. It does not matter that the observers turned up several billion years later. The universe exists because we are aware of it.

MOD EDIT - Rule 3

13. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

So what are you saying; God exists because the Earth isn't a sphere?

14. DarkDaimon

DarkDaimon Well-Known Member

Easy one, stars on the horizon have to move through a thicker column of air (which is not as transparent as it seems) then stars that are directly above the observer. See pict below:

stars-on-horizon.png

What is strange is that if the Earth was a disk and the sky a dome, you should be able to see the southern hemisphere stars from the northern hemisphere, yet we can't. See pict below.

View attachment 34427

15. Validation Boy

MOD EDIT - Rule 3

Don't see how the two have anything to do with one another.

I'm no christian, that's for sure.

Either way, the earth is flat, and I'm beginning to think you agree.

16. Validation Boy

Reflectors on a stop sign reflect light to observers standing in front of them, but if the observer steps to the side (moves from one hemisphere to the other) the reflectors no longer reflect light to the observer at that position.

Besides, "hemispheres" don't exist.

Since we do not live on a "sphere", we do not have HEMI-"spheres".

17. contrails

contrails Active Member

So when you're standing at the shore, ships don't disappear over the horizon, they just keep getting smaller and smaller?

18. orogenicman

orogenicman New Member

No stars on the horizon? Says who? I've seen and photographed plenty of stars on the horizon, such as these:

[​IMG]

19. orogenicman

orogenicman New Member

And of course, I have photographed this star on the horizon many times:

[​IMG]

20. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

that's 100% false.

I've seen stars close to the horizon many times.

21. KSigMason

KSigMason Banned at Members Request Past Donor

Are you being serious? You can see stars on the horizon if you are out in the country far enough.

You continue to show how little you know. Plus, you can see millions of stars in the sky.

Except he's not flying at the same elevation as an observer and by the time he would within visual line of sight, he would be above the horizon, but thanks for this poor attempt at false science.

[​IMG]

Apparently you think the Earth is tiny with gigantic buildings. Apparently you are oblivious to the scale of the Earth to the buildings on it.

Who gives a (*)(*)(*)(*) what you think?

22. Validation Boy

You do, apparently.

You hate that I'm able to think for myself.

Look at the pride you display in your Avatar.

You identify so much with that ridiculous little boy's club of yours.

23. DarkDaimon

DarkDaimon Well-Known Member

24. KSigMason

But I really don't.

You thinking would be a welcome change. You don't think for yourself, you just rehash the same crap that every other conspiracy theorists says; you're nothing more than a mindless parrot, a drone.

I'm a Freemason among other things, but Freemasonry has played a big part of my life; nothing wrong with that.

25. KSigMason

Only when the Superiori Incogniti allow us to. :roll:

That is just false statement based not on facts, but your perception. Freemasonry encourages to ask questions and seek the truth.

What agenda are we forced to comply to? What rituals don't I fully understand? What reward is promised to us?