Liberal - left becoming anti-free speech fascists

Discussion in 'Western Europe' started by lunecat, Mar 22, 2015.

1. lunecat

lunecat Active Member

It was Trotsky that advocated "introducing" a fascist head to the pavement to "make them see sense".

But has the term "fascist" become to mean anyone that disagrees with the liberal-left? I think it may possibly has done!

So often I have heard the cry of "racist c**t" being shouted at someone that advocates immigration control intro an overcrowded Country such as the UK, it is a legitimate opinion entitled to be held by someone in a free society... But maybe not a valid opinion if you are a liberal-fascist.

I recently watched the Channel 4 programme "Things We Won't Say About Race That Are True." which confronted some of these issues, hosted by Trevor Phillips, which I thought made a positive first step towards making a sensible rebalance against liberal-fascism and towards having any kind of honest debate on how people feel about multiculturalism within Britain & Europe. Why should people be labelled "bigot" "racist" or "fascist" simply for holding a valid opinion against the Liberal-Left, even when those opinions are not "bigoted" "racist" or "fascist" in essence. But rather just not the same opinion as the liberal left? What is it other than true fascism that the Liberal-Left possesses when hey label their political opponents in such ways?

If the Liberal-Left continue to dismiss all opposition to their one-party view then in my opinion all that will happen is that they will eventually suffer the same fate Trotsky had in mind for all fascists...

2. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

It is really bad in the U.K.

Germany it's only bad if you say anything relating to the Holocaust... Germany jails lawyers who defend Holocaust deniers

In Sweden, not so bad, but government will simply refuse to allow it to be broadcast on TV, or city demonstration permits can be denied due to "public safety" reasons.

3. Mr_Truth

Mr_Truth Well-Known Member

Try criticizing Israel and you get censored by the right wing.

4. Riot

Riot New Member

Show where this has happened.

5. Mr_Truth

google ''critics of israel censored'' for numerous links

6. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

The term "fascist" is being used as a stereotypical tool of political hate. Other terms are often used in a similar way by various people, for example "liberal-left". It has little to do with what any of those terms actually mean, historically or today.

They shouldn't, though if they are "bigoted" "racist" or "fascist", they could be identified as such, regardless of any other opinions they hold. People shouldn't be labelled as "liberal-left" just because they disagree with you either.

I personally question the benefit of constructiveness of throwing out any of these labels but that's just me.

7. Riot

Riot New Member

The only thing I hear on MSNBC is Israel bashing and love for Iran.
    Hasnt obama said he would never give iran nukes?

8. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

It used to be the other way around, before the left-leaning parties in Europe sought alliance with the growing number of muslim immigrants.
    The "oppressors" are whoever it is convenient for them to be.

9. Mr_Truth

As a Yank, I cannot speak for European media. But in the USA anyone who dares to criticize imperialist Israel gets censored. When Israel makes threats nobody dares to stand up to its terrorism. Consider this:

http://news.yahoo.com/options-including-military-action-open-iran-israel-105611579.html

where is the condemnation from the right wing or any one else????

10. DarkDaimon

DarkDaimon Well-Known Member

But isn't labeling someone a form of free speech? If someone doesn't like what you have to say, don't they have the right to say so? Is it nice? No. Is it polite. No. But free speech is not about what is nice or polite. The best part though, is that you have the right to disagree with them and label them if you want to.

11. lunecat

lunecat Active Member

Yes giving someone a label is free speech. The liberal-left freely use the free speech labels of "racist" "bigot" & "fascist" to people who disagree with their opinions, in the hope that these labels are so loaded with baggage as to dismiss them as some kind of Neanderthal.

There are some Countries in the World (mostly Europe) where expressing some opinions can get you arrested & mostly these offences are of opinions that the liberal-left try and label their opponents.

12. DarkDaimon

That is why I support the First Amendment 100%, it protects from the excesses of the left, right or anyone in between.

13. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

Unfortunately a law is no guarantee of rights, it takes people actively upholding the law to uphold rights.

14. DarkDaimon

Absolutely!

15. blackharvest216

blackharvest216 Banned

if your "tired" of people calling you fat your probably fat, if your "tired" of people calling you racist your probably racist

16. Sab

Sab Active Member

If the people calling you fat are Fashion Models then you may very well not be.

If teh peoploe calling you racist are progressive you probably aren't either

17. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

It seems that's the road we're going down with all the PC nonsense we have to put up with.

18. longknife

longknife New Member

The attitude of "If you disagree with why I say you are a racist/facist/neocon/etc" if clear to see on this and other discussion forums. Examples are daily reported all over the media.

It has been that way for decades. However, with the current political atmosphere of distrust and discord, it seems to be getting worse.

And, we now have a radical ideology that clearly espouses that anyone who disagrees with it deserves death.

19. lunecat

lunecat Active Member

Maybe they are just anorexic or liberal-left fascists.

20. lunecat

lunecat Active Member

Yes, well I really do like living in the UK, BUT that said I do admire the US for it's ability to uphold free speech. Enshrined within it's constitution. Although I do fear that even the US is under attack from the liberal-left fascists that want to do away with free-speech even in the US... All they have to do is load up (over time) libertarian opinions with "unacceptable" (left wing media labels) racist labels, overtones and they will eventually win the war & marginalise all free speech, other than moderate left wing flim-flam...

21. tuhaybey

tuhaybey New Member

No, no, you don't understand what free speech is. It isn't the right to be free from criticism, it is the right to criticize or praise people's views as you see fit without government interference. Of course if you say dumb or evil things, people will criticize you. That is the point of free speech.

22. lunecat

lunecat Active Member

No No, you misunderstand the point! Free speech is being monopolised, with the aid of left wing media against certain political views. I'm perfectly happy to accept any reasonable, well thought-out & argued criticism. But when it comes to media accepted labels that have become the norm I have disagree.

So often the liberal-left fascist resort to using these labels in order to discredit their political opponents aided & abetted by the left-wing media, so that it has become normal to dismiss & hate anyone with a right-wing opinion.

This is what the Fabian society has planned for & slowly achieved over last Century. But it is up to the free thinker to challenge & defeat in order to win a free & fair society for us & our children's future..

Merwen and (deleted member) like this.
  23. longknife

longknife New Member

They use stuff right out of Dr. Josef Goebbels's book.

- - - Updated - - -

And "free speech" is being able to express your beliefs without being threatened with death or other vile things.

24. tuhaybey

tuhaybey New Member

Free speech is not a prohibition on unreasonable criticism either. It is the right to criticize or praise whatever you want without government interference. The ultimate goal of it is so that the best ideas rise to the top and the worst ideas get rejected. Bigotry is being rejected, which is free speech working as intended.

25. Merwen

Merwen Well-Known Member

It is not bigotry to respect the integrity of a society, strive to preserve it, and keep out others that would unalterably change it.

You are imo doing just what the Fabians are described as doing:

"The Fabian Society, which favoured gradual change rather than revolutionary change, was named – at the suggestion of Frank Podmore – in honour of the Roman general Fabius Maximus (nicknamed "Cunctator", meaning "the Delayer"). His Fabian strategy advocated tactics of harassment and attrition rather than head-on battles against the Carthaginian army under the renowned general Hannibal."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabian_Society