St.Paul: Gang Terrorizes Downtown Area

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by northwinds, Mar 25, 2015.

1. northwinds

northwinds Well-Known Member Past Donor

A gang of youths has been terrorizing downtown St. Paul Minnesota. Thankfully, the police have arrested seven of the 'Gutter Block Goon' gang members:

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/03/24/gutter-block-goon-gang-members-charged-in-st-paul-assaults/

What has happened to our cities where law abiding citizens can't feel safe just catching public transportation or walking down the streets? What has created this epidemic of gratuitous violence such as this and the knockout game? These weren't 'botched robberies'.........they were just acts of violence for violence sake. In the world I grew up in normal folks could walk the streets of our downtowns without fear of this type of violence. What has changed? What can we do to stop this senseless violence?:blankstare::evil:

ANYONE WHO VIOLATES A RULE IN THIS THREAD WILL BE BANNED FROM POSTING !! SUBMARINEPAINTER

2. raytri

raytri Well-Known Member

I live in the Twin Cities.

Let's see, we had a group of dumbasses commit a couple of assaults, and get arrested for it. They now face up to six years in prison.

What part of this do you see as an "epidemic", or St. Paul residents being "terrorized"?

3. northwinds

I think if you or someone dear to you suffered an assault and broken bones for no apparent reason you might feel a bit 'terrorized'..............what do you think?

4. raytri

raytri Well-Known Member

No, I might think I or someone dear to me had been assaulted. For it to be "terrorized", it would have to be ongoing activity over a period of time, with the police unable or unwilling to stop it.

And even then, it would just be ME being terrorized, not "St. Paul residents" in general.

Assaults happen. They do not constitute "terrorizing" a population.

5. northwinds

So you would be fine if this 57 year old man had been your father?:

The third victim, a 57-year-old man known as "Grandpa Dave," was hit in the head and knocked to the ground. He suffered a broken arm when someone stomped on it, the complaint said. The 24-year-old man, Thomas Klein, fell to the floor after he was punched and knocked unconscious. He was kicked in the head and suffered a bloodied face.

6. publican

publican Banned

Black animals are terrorizing people nationwide. Usually it is other blacks.

7. Steve N

Steve N Well-Known Member Past Donor

You can just look at these guys and tell their job prospects probably aren't so hot. So in order to support themselves they either have to live off the government or resort to crime. Sadly, their arrests will only give them street cred. I'll probably get ripped for this, but I'm not thinking these thugs came from the homes of doctors and lawyers, if you know what I mean. Temporary forced sterilization while on the government dole should be a requirement, and if that wouldn't have prevented these thugs from existing, it would have prevented others.

[​IMG]

8. one more clone

one more clone Banned

An assault could be a slap in the face. This was a beating. Knocking someone out has caused death.

9. raytri

raytri Well-Known Member

Did I say I was fine with assault? No. I said you're trying to hype this up as a gang "terrorizing" downtown St. Paul, when all that happened is there were a couple of assaults and the perps were arrested.

10. Elcarsh

Elcarsh Well-Known Member

You mean human beings, not animals.

And I do actually live quite far from any area with extensive gang violence. Who'da thunk that people with relatively high incomes don't tend to live in areas of extreme poverty, eh?

11. raytri

raytri Well-Known Member

Was there someone apologizing for black crime?

I didn't realize this was about "black crime". I thought it was about the OP trying to hype a couple of assaults into "gang terrorizes St. Paul".

What is "black crime", anyway? Is it different than "white crime"? Or "tan crime"? Or "green crime"?

12. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

Yes, very different. It is crime that is committed by blacks that is disproportionately high relative to their percentage of the population. Black males are 6% of the country's population yet are responsible for about 50% of all homicides in the country. That's notable and worthy of a distinction, in my opinion.

13. Thirty6BelowZero

Thirty6BelowZero Well-Known Member Past Donor

What difference does it really make what it's called? If it's a gang of people going around beating people up then it can easily be called terrorizing, but above that, it should be stopped at all costs necessary.

14. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

We had a similar situation in my city last year, black teenagers scaring the hell out of everyone and causing damage and violence. The city installed CCTV systems and increased police presence in public areas which has kept the worst from doing these things again. Unfortunately they now do even worse in thier own communities.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ys-louisville-mob-violence-step-step/6981285/
    http://louisvilleky.gov/government/police/homicide-information

15. raytri

raytri Well-Known Member

We've been over this before. The homicide rate is so vanishingly low that your statistic is all but meaningless. The vast, vast, vast majority of both whites and blacks do not commit homicide. And by "vast majority", I mean 99% out to about 4 decimal places.
    Here's a 2002 study that looks at homicide rates by race:
    http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~roos/Courses/grstat502/phillipssp802.pdf

White homicide rate: 4.337 per 100,000
    Black homicide rate: 33.73 per 100,000

Whoa! Look at that! The black homicide rate is more than 7 times higher than the white rate! OMG!

Except that the overall rate is still so low, the comparison isn't very meaningful.

Chance of a white person NOT being a murderer: 99.995663%
    Chance of a black person NOT being a murderer: 99.96627%

So in terms of determining if a given person is likely to kill you, race is not a meaningful factor. Both blacks and whites are overwhelmingly likely to NOT be murderers. Thus, basing a security decision on race would be dumb. And it's also dumb to try to implicate blacks as a whole based on these numbers, since it's clear that blacks as a whole are overwhelmingly peaceful and law-abiding, just like whites.

16. Brewskier

You just showed that blacks are committing homicides at a rate 7 times higher than that of whites. Murderers are going to be the slim minority in every group, however, when you have one group committing 7x more homicides than another, it's worth taking a look at and keeping in mind, should you be concerned about the possibility of homicide. There are many areas of the country where homicide is a big concern for people. Progressives tend to forget that, in the safety of their wealthy white suburbs.

It's amazing how the same progressives who will try and implement gun control due to our homicide rate will talk about how unlikely people are to commit homicides when apologizing for black crime. Just one of many colorful inconsistencies that litter the progressive platform.

17. publican

publican Banned

http://gulfcoastcommentary.blogspot.com/2013/04/ultimate-political-incorrectness-black.html

Ultimate Political Incorrectness: Black Americans Commit Majority Of Gun Murders
    African American Black persons, mostly young black men, commit the majority (57%) of gun homicides. They also commit over 52% of all homicides. The sensational massacres, as horrific as they are, are much less than 1% of gun homicides.

Blacks make up 13% of the population (both sexes) but commit 57% of gun homicides. It's even worse since it's more like 6.5% of the population (males) committing 57% of the gun homicides. Where is this discussion in the media? Where is the program or plan to alleviate this problem?

Political correctness prevents ANY discussion of this fact. What IS our plan to address this problem? What,we don't have one?? If you can't correctly name your problem, you will be unable to solve the problem. This is the problem with political correctness. \

Instead we focus on relatively few sensational massacres. Yes, it's horrible that several hundred people have gotten "mowed down" by psychos in public settings at Sandy Hook and Colorado, but there are about 11,000 people murdered by guns (2010) each year and, on average, about 57% of those are committed by black persons (mostly black men). This means that something like 6,300 murders per year are committed by black persons (mostly young black men)!

The sensational massacres are "peanuts" compared to routine gun murders committed in mostly impoverished inner cities by black men. There's almost no comparison! See the data below.

18. one more clone

one more clone Banned

white crime is very, very different than black crime.

We've been trying to show you why for decades, but you don't get it because you live far away from black people.

19. raytri

raytri Well-Known Member

No, it's NOT worth keeping in mind; that's the point. You cannot look at a person and, based on their skin color, determine with any meaningful degree of accuracy whether they pose a threat. Indeed, focusing on skin color will arguably make you LESS safe, because you'll miss more useful measures. You'll be the guy who, in trying to get away from the harmless blacks on the corner, runs straight into the group of white thugs in the alley.

I'm sure, then, that you can point to a post of mine where I've done that. Otherwise you're arguing with strawmen again.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't send her into the white meth-head trailer park, either. Bad neighborhoods are bad neighborhoods.

20. publican

publican Banned

http://tinyurl.com/nqedgl5

- - - Updated - - -

http://tinyurl.com/nqedgl5

21. raytri

raytri Well-Known Member

You do know that cross-racial crime is actually very rare, right?

Most crime is white-on-white or black-on-black.

This is what racists do: try to pretend that disparities in very small numbers are meaningful on a large scale.

22. publican

publican Banned

Says who and where?

Not in Chicago.

Sure, here's another 'small number' for you.........................

[​IMG]

23. publican

publican Banned

24. Brewskier

It's meaningful when I'm in an area where the people there are 7x more likely to commit homicide. Your argument is ridiculous. My chances of winning the lottery are terrible, but given the choice, would I buy a ticket at one liquor store, or the one across the street that is 7x more likely to produce a winning ticket? People make decisions based on statistical probability, and as you demonstrated, there is a difference. It's only in your opinion that this difference doesn't mean anything.

We have a violent crime problem in the country (as you progressives point out all the time when you're trying to grab guns), and the group that is statistically the most problematic is young black males. I'm sorry if that harms your progressive pride, but it's true.

LOL, yeah those groups of white thugs, just hanging around. It's a real big problem in the white community. :laughing:

Here you go:

http://www.politicalforum.com/showthread.php?t=351046&page=3&p=1063786810#post1063786810

- - - Updated - - -

He does, he is just ideologically incapable of admitting that.

25. JohnnyMo

JohnnyMo Moderator Staff Member Donor

Thread Moved, Rule 11. Creation standards for Current Events not met

JohnnyMo