Finally, the Greens are gaining momentum....

Discussion in 'Australia, NZ, Pacific' started by m2catter, Mar 28, 2015.

1. m2catter

m2catter Well-Known Member

Hey,
    what a great day, the Greens are getting stronger and stronger, not everything is lost in my country:

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...updates-and-more/story-fnj3rq0y-1227282249642

Can't wait until Libs/Nationals and to a certain degree Labor are forced to get together to fight the Greens. Never underestimate the will power of people, no one can stop this force. Most certainly not the current racist antiquated mob.

There comes a time, when people are sick of lies, sick of being left behind, sick the way we treat refugees, sick the way the big polluters are getting away with everything. Sick of *Anzac and Remembrance Day* being misused for further army building. There are so many more important issues, than buying subs and fighter planes. And yes, we don't need Knights and Dames......

There is a time coming for a modern Australia, a fairer place, a place where we do care about our environment, and not only talk about it. No Abbot Point ever! And no fracking, until it's completely safe.

How long will it take for our brownish mob to disagree, AT, AM, efjay and CD. You testosterone might reach boiling point....

Can't wait for our *Green* future,
    cheers

2. axialturban

axialturban Well-Known Member

What's a brownish mob? The Green's have no real world policies, they are not a realistic solution. They are just a protest party, which really only slows down progress and waters down the importance of politics. If you want to live in fairy land then why not just move to Nimbin, live in a tent and grow your own vegies - as that is the end game of the Green's, oh except you'd be speaking Bahasa or Mandarin.

3. truthvigilante

truthvigilante Well-Known Member Past Donor

They have made an impact on the north coast. I was surprised it didn't happen earlier on a state level, the nationals held power for quite a long time. All the extreme right wing doomsayers thought the greens had reached crescendo, but it seems not. Hey M2, I'm not quite sure of all greens policies, I probably sit more centre but the issues you have raised are quite important to most people. There is no doubt this will cause a bit of momentum for the greens. Others will jump on board and both liberals and labor will have to start to change there direction. Labor should have held their ground on policies but decided to sway to the right on issues because they assumed through various polling that the people were moving right. This is an indication that people are doing quite the opposite.

4. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

I would be much more supportive if they were Libertarian greens. Trying to push those horrible twisty CFL bulbs on everyone. :no: That just turned me off to anything green.

5. m2catter

Hi TV,
    nothing is that good it cannot be improved.
    I am sure that the policies will alter over time, in order to become more of a mainstream party.
    As long as most of the core essentials remain, that is fine with me....
    Regards

6. m2catter

AH,
    please see my previous post to TV. Things will always change, and my hope is that it is for the better.
    Mistakes will always be made, however as long as we can stand up and admit we got it wrong, I believe we are on our way....
    Cheerio

7. culldav

culldav Well-Known Member

Can you provide any evidence or to a link that proves the Greens publicly admitted they got the "light-bulbs" wrong?

Why are the Greens not out there protesting to change the light bulbs, or the way they are disposed of - considering we now have 10's of million of these things in our land fill leaking dangerous toxic mercury into our sub-terrranean water supplies?

Oh, Ok. The Greens political philosophy; lets make a dangerous mistake and introduce a light bulb that poisons the planet, and we will just burry our heads in the sand and move onto the next topic and issue.

Are not the Greens Party making the same fundamental incompetent mistakes they accuse the ALP & LNP of doing, by accusing them of not taking accountability and responsibility. :roflol:

8. culldav

The Greens took no responsibility or accountability for the massive damage that is occurring over these toxic light bulbs they forced onto everyone.

The Greens not taking responsibility or accountability for FLAWED schemes doesn't really surprise me, considering Peter Garrett was a senior member, and look at the accountability and responsibility he took being the Federal Minister over the home insulation scheme, when 3 young Australians were innocently killed. I think the Greens are scum, and I would vote a dog before any of their candidates.

9. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

That's not the only flawed scheme they supported...
    Biodiesel Palm Oil - How good intentions had disastrous consequences

And all those expensive environmental regulations that were put on factories? That just caused the factories to pack up and move to China, where they now emit even more pollution than they did before.
    outsourcing our pollution to China

I will say this though. I am particularly concerned with all the rainforest being clear-cut in Tasmania and parts of Southeastern Australia. Australia is mostly a rather arid country, and many people do not realize there are some very lush forested parts of the country.

[​IMG]

10. culldav

Only morons with the IQ's of Sudaneese would expect a group of pre-schoolers (Greens Party) to develop sound strategic and economic policies that help everyone.

Anyone actually spoken with any of these "wack-jobs" for more than 3 minutes - after 3 minutes all you hear is baby talk.

11. DaS Energy

DaS Energy New Member

The Greens are all pee and wind, a real parasite party, so far up Coals starfish a global expedition could not find them!

12. culldav

There is a fundamental problem with the Australian Greens. The majority are a bunch of "wack-jobs" who develop one good idea, but wreck the sencerity of that one good idea, by develpoing three dozen hair-brained ideas that never work.

The disaterous light bulb and palm oil contoversy are just two basic examples of the hair-brained pre-school thinking of the Greens Party. Thank heavens these Australian wack-jobs and their fanatical followers will always be on the fringe of our society.

Its hard to believe that thanks to these greens morons, we now have 10's of million of these light bulbs being dumped in land fill leaking toxic cancerous mercury into our undergound water supplies. Its equally hard to believe that we then have morons out there voting for these morons thinking these morons have the right ideas in protecting the environment and the planet. :roflol:

If you look at the Greens parties or similar parties in other countries, you will see they are not as fanatical or as child like in their thinking as the Australian Greens and their sheep followers.

Environment political parties in other countries are in a totally different league to the greens party in Australia, but I put that down to them having superior intellect over the Australian greens wack-jobs; as the evidence proves.

13. m2catter

I think there is plenty of room for improvement, I agree. But can someone name an alternative for a better future? A sustainable one?
    Regards

14. culldav

By turning to another incompetent political party like the Greens, you are just repeating the same mistakes of the past, by not voting for the major political parties.

What is with the Australian intellect in that they think they HAVE to vote for incompetence.

If there wwere no competent managers and CEO's around the world to run private businessess, then its logicall to suggest, that all the businessess around the world have failed due to incompetence.

Our country is failing because of incompetent politicians - period.

15. m2catter

Without addressing you the way you address others, I think people should vote what they are comfortable with.
    Its either this or not voting at all. Both should be legitimate, anything else leads to the situation we currently face, a situation you normally don't associate with.
    But I won't go to call my fellow Australians sheep or stupid or else.....
    Anyway, regards

16. culldav

Well. If not stupid or sheep, then what do "you" call a group of people who keep voting into power the same incompetent politicians to manage their country for decades?

Well, sorry, but I would call anyone a complete dumbarse, if they continuously vote in incompetent politicians, and then whinge & whine about the politicians they vote for.

Maybe you have a differnt interpertation of these people form the country you come from, but over here in Australia, there are some of us still intelligent enough to understand these actions are dumbarse - or the behaviour of Homer Simpson guarding the bee in the bottle in the basement.. :roflol:

Maybe allowing refugees into Australia with IQ's of 65, and telling Australia that these refugees are going to be beneficial to Australia's success is whats causing the problem of Australia becoming a bunch of backward dumbarses.

17. Diuretic

Diuretic Well-Known Member

I always have mixed feelings about the Greens. But they seem to be more successful than other non-Labor or non-coalition parties. So they must be getting something right. They do need to mature and become more pragmatic though. In saying that I know I'll offend some people, the same sort of debate has occurred in Labor where the Left has been accused of being more interested in purity of principle than getting into power; the valid point being that you can't do much in Opposition. The counter of course is that if you toss out principle for popularity you end up being about power and nothing else.

The Greens are a threat to Labor. If they do develop maturity and if they can find a leader that doesn't look like they're sucking lemons every time they give an interview on tv, then they may well force Labor out of the way and become a viable alternative to the conservatives.

18. culldav

The Greens definately need to have more rounded, mature, intelligent base overall. Having a political party (Greens) with an "open door" policy on refugees and immigration, when Australia already has 300,000 homeless and over 800,000citizens waiting for public housing accommodation, is NOT a mature or intelligent idea from a political party. They have no bright ideas, when their only plan is to tax the citizens, and citizens who own businesses, to pay for all their 'hair-brained" ideas.

19. Diuretic

Diuretic Well-Known Member

20. m2catter

Hi Diu,
    not at all, I am happy to discuss the policies of the Greens, I would be even happier if more parties would look into the future, our future.
    Pick any policy and lets talk....
    Cheerio

21. culldav

This is just one proposal by the greens party under their refugee plan:

"We will establish 30-day time limits on detention of refugees in Australia so initial health, security and ID checks can be done..."

When you read the rest of the Greens party policy or documentation. There is NO specific methods just "HOW" the Greens are going to accomplish doing all the necessary health checks for every refugee they allow into Australia, and finding every refugee's correct identity, within the 30-day timeframe they specify.

So, what happens if the greens cannot find a refugees real identity within the 30-days? Are they willing to let a possible criminal into the Australian community, because "their" political morals are more important than the Australian communities welfare?

When you visit a pre-school, and ask the children to draw pictures. They all come up with the same ideas as the Greens party, but when you ask the children more complex questions, about "how" they would pay for the changes, or how they would go about implimenting their ideas; the children, just like the Greens party have no intellectual ideas.

The Greens are not a serious alternative political party, they are a " protest party" for people to vent their anger with. When the Greens stop being a bunch of wack-jobs, and stop having ideas based on pre-schoolers ideas, then they might be taken more seriously.

Its not very good for the intellect of Australia, when you consider how many people vote for the Greens, when the Greens have basic ideas based on that of pre-schoolers. :roflol:

Have a look at the philosophies and policies of the greens parties represented in other countries. You will instantly notice they don't have the same immature child-like policies or attitudes as the Australian Greens party.

22. m2catter

Why do you participate?
    We know your stand on the Greens, and we know your stand on refugees.
    You have shown your true colours long ago.
    Please go somewhere else, to continue spreading your right wing ideas.
    Regards

23. culldav

I think you are the one that should go somewhere else...preferably back to spreading lies and flasehoods in your own country.

You are the one who offered to have an intellectual debate about Greens policies. When I exposed one of their policies to be a fantasy, you are the one who has turned the debate into being childish, just like your greenie mates.

Just like your greenie mates, when you ran out of intellect, and your argument is defeated by the truth and logic, you turn the debate into a persoanl attack. How about offering some evidence and proof for a change to support YOUR debate and arguments, besides just your emotions.

As the old adage goes: birds of a feather flock together.

You have one major problem - you don't want to recognise the truth for some reason. If you think your actions of sticking your head in the sand is going to grant you forgivness in the after-life, then that is your prerogative, but not everyone believes in YOUR God, or is that naive and gulible.

Exactly where "do you stand" on Australia's homeless people, who are refugees in their own country? Treated worse than refugee's actually by not having anywhere to live. Don't see any refugee's being homeless.

24. m2catter

I cannot learn anything from you, except being stunned by your hatred view of our world.
    Whether you are really Australian or not is not of my concern, as I love all people.
    Your unkind views towards foreigners and Muslims and gays and the Greens however is my concern.
    I am again politely asking you to stay away.....
    Regards

25. Adultmale

Adultmale Active Member Past Donor

Why don't you go somewhere else to spread yourleft wing ideology.