Should Indiana be boycotted?

Discussion in 'Opinion POLLS' started by Ronstar, Mar 28, 2015.

?

Should Indiana be boycotted?

1. Yes, boycott the state.

9 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Yes, but only boycott those businesses that discriminate.

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Nope.

19 vote(s)
    52.8%
  1. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

So now under Indiana State law, its legal for businesses to discriminate against Gay customers, or who they believe to be Gay customers.

Should the state now be boycotted until they undo this?

2. kreo

kreo Well-Known Member

Gays have more power then ordinary people. No need to worry about anything.

3. Ronstar

I have no logical nor rational reason to ever visit Indiana, so for now Im boycotting the whole state.

but for people that do visit, I suggest they boycott all businesses than will discriminate.

all businesses that intend to not discriminate against Gays, should put up a sign saying so that customers know.

4. kreo

kreo Well-Known Member

I think, there is no true discrimination against gays. It just that gays want more power, to force everyone to be gay.

5. Daniel Light

Daniel Light Well-Known Member

The law also opens the door for Sharia Law, and employment discrimination based on sex or religion.

I see no reason to support what are basically Jim Crow Laws wrapped in a religious bow.

6. Daniel Light

Paranoia. -Noun- a condition characterized by delusions of persecution, or exaggerated self-importance.

They actually want everyone to be pirates. Shhh. It's a secret.

7. kreo

kreo Well-Known Member

Well, there is nothing we can do about that. All I know that many people were drawn to courts and forced to serve gay agenda, and this case is not an exception.

8. Bastiats libertarians

Bastiats libertarians Well-Known Member

I live in Indiana but I am not from Indiana. Indiana is a great state with very nice people. However this law is basically unecessary as Indiana is already one of the most free states in the country. 19 other states have similar laws and do not have widespread discrimination going on. The simple fact is this will obviously get defeated in the state high courts. The overreaction is highly unnecessary as most people in Indiana that I have talked to think the law is pretty much pointless. Should the law have been signed into law? No. Is the overreaction that Indiandans are going to suddenly widespread discrimate against gays silly? yep. This is what we have courts for to shut down the stupidity.

9. Ronstar

10. Daniel Light

There have been over 10,000 Same sex marriages - how many court cases have arisen from those unions? 3? 4? Is that "many" in your book?
    There have been hundreds of cases that have gone through the courts involving hetrosexual marriage. Cases where hterosexual couples have been denied access to venues and services. Mostly over race issues. So if your opposition is based on the possibility that someone might get sued, then hetrosexual marriage should also be restricted.

11. Seeker

Seeker New Member

It's more about individual freedoms vs government mandates. Say you owned a business. Should you be forced to provide your services to anyone and everyone that comes along regardless of who and what they are? Also, there are at least 16 other states with similar laws. And yes, as a Hoosier, I support this law.

12. Ronstar

so you think its fine and dandy to deny food, gasoline, hotel rooms, to Jews, Gays, Muslims, as long as its justified by one's religious belief??

13. Seeker

Seeker New Member

Whether it is for religious, political, racial or some other reasons, I do think that we, as individuals, should have the right to choose who we provide services to. As I said before, It's more about individual freedoms vs government mandates.

14. therooster

therooster Banned

Yes, I support it , who. Cares. Go around the corner and get your gas or your gay wedding cake. Maybe I don't like you and don't want to serve you. What's the problem. Go somewhere else if your not wanted.. Seems so easy.

15. Ronstar

so what if a WHOLE town, or village, or city doesn't want to sell anything to Jews?

you cool with that?

16. Seeker

Seeker New Member

As therooster says in the above quote ", who. Cares. Go around the corner and get your gas or your gay wedding cake. Maybe I don't like you and don't want to serve you. What's the problem. Go somewhere else if your not wanted.. Seems so easy."

17. Ronstar

so if a whole town, or village, or city, doesn't want to patronize Jewish customers, you're cool with that?

- - - Updated - - -

sadly, these rules have been used by people to discriminate not just against Gays, but also against Muslims:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/27/politics/indiana-religous-freedom-explainer/index.html

A police officer in Oklahoma claimed a religious objection when he refused to police a mosque.

A police officer in Salt Lake City cited his "religious liberty" when he refused to police a gay pride parade.

A photographer in New Mexico used religious freedom as a defense for not serving a lesbian couple in 2013.

18. therooster

therooster Banned

Whoopi doo, poor lesbians had to get a cake somewhere else. So the cop didn't want to go to the gay parade. God forbid. Find a cop that will. There are enough of them. You libs are always crying about something.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I'm really cool with that...

19. Ronstar

Next time I sell something on EBay, I will stipulate that the buyer must not be a Christian.

that's cool with you?

I am going to tell my cousin who owns a store, to NOT sell anything, not even water, to Christians.

that's ok with you?

20. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

Shouldn't it be "legal" for a small privately run business to refuse service to whomever they want?

21. Seeker

Seeker New Member

If I was a Jew and faced that sort of discrimination, I would move somewhere else.

22. Ronstar

not for religious, racial, ethnic reasons, or cause someone may be Gay.

23. therooster

therooster Banned

Its kinda like that golf course Augusta or whatever the name is that won't let women be members. If your not wanted , why would you want to join. Just to be a thorn in the paw of the club owners and members. Pathetic. Did you try to be a girlscout Ronnie?

24. Ronstar

so its ok if a whole city gets together and decides to not cater to Jews?

25. therooster

therooster Banned

Sure ronster , that's cool. I will go around the corner. I highly doubt your cousins would listen to your jibberish.