Saudi Assault on Yemen Breach of International Law - Expert

Discussion in 'Latest US & World News' started by Jeannette, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Jeannette

Jeannette Well-Known Member Past Donor

What the Saudi government calls a collective action of self defense is not justified as such under the UN Charter. It is a clear cut breach of international law..

So tell me, who said empires can't make their own rules...and especially exceptional and indispensable ones?

I guess we'll have to add one more addition to our new Washington Orwellian Dictionary:

Assault - To defend oneself

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saudi Assault on Yemen 'Clear-Cut' Breach of International Law

A major Saudi Arabian military intervention in Yemen is an outright breach of international law that could have serious consequences for the entire region, Dr. Hans Kochler, President of the International Progress Organization (IPO) in Austria, told Sputnik on Thursday.

“The foreign military intervention in Yemen is a clear-cut violation of international law, in particular of Article 2(4) of the United Nations Charter, which bans the use of force in relations between states,” Kochler, who heads the organization consulting the United Nations, said.

According to Kochler, the unilateral action of Saudi Arabia and its allies is not in any way justified as act of "collective self-defence" under the UN Charter.

“In actual fact, it is interference in a civil war on the side of one party to the conflict, and it will make the domestic conflict even worse and much more difficult to resolve,” the professor added.

Kochler stressed that Riyadh’s actions threatened to spark a major, region-wide conflict along the Sunni-Shiite divide that could have serious implications across the Arab world.

Air raids carried out by the Saudi-led international coalition of Gulf nations on Wednesday killed 65 people, a local government source told Sputnik.

Saudi Arabian Ambassador to the US Adel Jubair said his country’s acted “in order to protect the legitimate government of Yemen from falling.”

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/analysis/20150326/1020045108.html#ixzz3VzywITNq

2. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

Yeah.... Except for one tiny tiny, itsiy bitsy, wee problem. YEMEN ASKED for Saudi Arabia to come and help them fight this radical jihadist terrorists. This is no different and no more illegal then any other counter terrorism operation any UN member has taken over the last decade. Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yemen for a decade. This is no different then what the US was doing in Yemen only this time Yemen has actually asked for ground troops and it's a nation other then the US that's finally doing all the work.

- - - Updated - - -

I say kick some more ass Saudi Arabia. Just like Jordan vs ISIS in Iraq and Syria.

3. milorafferty

milorafferty Banned

Funny, the OP mentions nothing about Iran's involvement in the same conflict.

4. Pax Aeon

Pax Aeon Well-Known Member

`
    Maybe it's because the article isn't about Iran.
    `

5. katzgar

katzgar Banned

yemen asked for Saudi help?

6. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

7. CJtheModerate

CJtheModerate New Member

8. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

International law, yeah a lot of countries have put some serious faith in that lately haven't they ...

9. darroll

darroll Active Member

The UN will beat them with a wet noodle.

10. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

No, he was not.

11. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

...uh....I thought all wars were kinda against international law.

12. CJtheModerate

CJtheModerate New Member

I distinctly remember his resignation.

13. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

Yes, after radical Islamic terrorists seized the capital, captured the presidential palace, placed him under arrest, and threatened him with execution (I'm guessing beheading). Few people on this earth wouldn't resign under those circumstances. As soon as he was able to get out if there he naturally receded the resignation. Do you really think his resignation under those circumstances is legitimate?

14. Jeannette

Is there a hallucinating epidemic? First we have the Red Army in Ukraine, and now its Iran? You don't think they're dancing too?

[video=youtube;GwNgwQiRRAc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwNgwQiRRAc[/video]

15. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member Donor

Hey, we've been on that track at least since the War Department rebranded itself the Department of Defense and then proceeded to go on a ceaseless offensive all around the world since. ;)

16. Jeannette

No, only the ones we commit...and allow. We're not a very law abiding bunch now are we?

17. Jeannette

No more than Yanukovich's I guess?

18. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

Trying to compare the 2 is as retarded as this thread. And all the other spam threads you've ever made for that matter.

19. Jeannette

But aren't the radical Islamic terrorists Sunnis? So why are the radical Islamist Saudis bombing them? Strange! :confuse:

20. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

That's (*)(*)(*)(*)ing stupid. Are radical Islamist is a radical Islamist. It doesn't matter if they are Sunni or Shiite. And id your a moderate Sunni or Shiite, then you can see a radical one for what it is, and know that they have to be fought. The only reason you even bother with this topic is because Iran is supporting the radical Islamists and Russia supports Iran and anything Russia does you have to agree with and promote, seeing as how they own you.

21. Jeannette

I ask you a legitimate question and you start calling me names. Okay so I'm stupid, but aren't the Saudi's fanatical Sunnis who like to behead people? So why are we supporting their invasion of Yemen against the Shias, if they're going to be beheading them?
    [​IMG]

22. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

I didn't call you stupid. I said what you said was stupid. There's a big difference. The Saudis are generally moderate. I don't agree with many of their practices, just like I don't agree with certain practices of many different nations or even my own nations practices from time to time. But trying to compare the Saudis to the radical Islamists is just ignorant.

23. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member Donor

Most of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudis :lol:

24. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

A common truther line. Radical Islamism has no nationality. There are radical Islamists in the United States. That most of them were of Saudi nationality makes no difference whatsoever. It means jack(*)(*)(*)(*)

25. Jeannette

Okay Aramer I'm going to apologize this one time because I really didn't know what was going on in Yemen. According to the Washingtonsblog, the Houthis might be closer to the Shiites, but they are virtually indistinguishable from the Sunni fundamentalist terrorists in their behavior. They are just as much fundamentalist idiots as the Sunni terrorists. Iran might give them money now and then, but it is not involved.

The reason the Houthis were able to advance and take over the government is because they are getting support from the former deposed leader Saleh. Hadi has invited Saudi Arabia a foreign power to kill his own people so he can take back his position. What Saudi Arabia is doing is illegal. It is an internal affair so what right do we have to support them? :oldman: