Crazy things some people actually believe.

Discussion in 'Science' started by AboveAlpha, Apr 3, 2015.

1. AboveAlpha

AboveAlpha Well-Known Member

After posting on this Forum for awhile I noticed a large number of things that peple either mistakenly believe or do not believe which can either be proven or disproven.

One of the big one's is to my surprise is some members don't realize our SUN is a STAR.

Another crazy one is how some members for whatever reason I have no idea.....think the SUN when it rises in the morning and sets in the evening that they actually think it is the SUN that is moving around the Earth and not the other way around although it is the spinning of the Earth on it's axis that turns the Earth if we are to use the North Pole as up and the South pole as down.....that the Earth spins Counterclockwise or spins towards the East.

A more complex reality is some people think the Universe is INFINITE...it is not.

Some people don't realize that due to the Negatively charged electrons in Orbital Fields around every Atoms Nucleus....when a member types THEIR FINGER TIPS NEVER EVER ACTUALLY COME IN CONTACT WITH THE KEYS OR ANYTHING ELSE FOR THAT MATTER!!

Some people think that the Christian Old Testament is different than the Torah or the Beginning of the Koran.....it is NOT....basically identical.

Some people think that by licking or sucking upon a cut on their finger it helps....NOPE!!! WORSE THNG A PERSON CAN DO.....as you are just infecting the cut with Bacteria.

Some people and a few members here....think the ODDS CHANGE if you have a perfectly balanced silver dollar.....and you flip it into the air and let it fall on the ground and the odds of it coming out Heads or Tails at this point is 50%/50%......that if you do this 1000 Times and every single time 1000 Times in a row.....it comes out heads.....some people believe the ODD'S OR PROBABILITY OF WHEN YOU FLIP THAT SILVER DOLLAR AGAIN WILL CHANGE!! NOPE!!! STILL 50%/50% IT COMES OUT HEADS AGAIN OR TAILS.

Who else has got something for me???

AboveAlpha

DennisTate likes this.
  2. really?

really? New Member

That happiness doesn't start from within; and you can depend on other ppl for YOUR happiness. (tip: it does start from within).

DennisTate likes this.
  3. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

'
    I am not actually sure that the question of the size of the universe has been resolved. The observable universe is clearly limited in size but the size of the physical universe is I believe still being debated. And then there is the discussion of how many universes there actually are.

DennisTate likes this.
  4. AboveAlpha

A Multiverse is Infinite.

The Observable Universe is about 13.8 Billion Light Years to it's edge.

Due to Dark Energy Space-Time Expansion the actual Universe as approx. 62 Billion Light Years in Diameter.....and rapidly expanding.

The thing is it is not the Galaxies oving away from a central point....it is the actual growth of area and vollume and distance of the Space-Time between them and from the central point of the White Hole.

AboveAlpha

- - - Updated - - -

Right now....Happiness is a warm Gun...Bang! Bang! Shoot! Shoot!

AboveAlpha

DennisTate likes this.
  5. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega Well-Known Member Past Donor

Some people think money cant buy happiness......BS. Who here has seen anyone frowing on a jet ski as they buzz by their vacation lakehouse.

6. AboveAlpha

Money they say can't buy happiness....but try to do without it!! LOL!!!

My Parents came fortwo poor families.

My Dad went into the military and my Mom became a..."CIVILIAN"....like the quotes denote and she was the "CIVILIAN" oversight for a USAF SAC BASE GENERAL where many, many B-52's would sit on the tarmac loaded with Thermonuclear Bombs just waiting for the call.

The both went to College...both eraned Multile Degrees and now I help them run several now very large Famly owned Companies.

I am now extremely wealthy but worked very hard to become like this....no free rides!!

AboveAlpha

7. Cautiously Conservative

Cautiously Conservative New Member Past Donor

The only one you're wrong about is the universe one. There are varied and conflicting scientific theories out there today, and as Stephen Hawking tells us - there is no proof. It's all theory based on how scientists think the Big Bang happened and whether the universe will one day collapse upon itself. Hawking proposes that the universe has no boundary and is constantly expanding, so, by definition, it becomes infinite. And yet, perhaps not. Perhaps it's finite and has no boundary. There is disagreement among top scientists so unless you have some psychic way of making that claim - it's best to leave it behind. Making "absolute" scientific claims when even scientists (collectively) refuse to do so - is foolhardy.

8. Karma Mechanic

Karma Mechanic Well-Known Member

Actually what the Christians call the Old Testament is a collection of writings that is different for different strains of Christianity and includes far more than the Torah. As for the Quran, perhaps you should read the book because what you said here is not true at all. While it is clear the Islam draws heavily from Jewish tradition, it is not nearly the same story.

9. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega Well-Known Member Past Donor

According to Obama you didnt earn any of that

10. RXV1989

RXV1989 New Member

and even CERN is crazy over that multiverse or parallel universe thing.

11. RXV1989

RXV1989 New Member

Some people believe that atheists are immoral. According to them, doing good should always be associated with what you believe...religiously.

12. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

That is debatable.

That one is debatable as well. Human saliva triggers coagulation of the blood. That said, if you are immuno-compromised it might not be the best thing to do, but for normal healthy people with minor cuts, it's probably helpful.
    http://www.bloodjournal.org/content/early/2011/01/19/blood-2010-06-290460?sso-checked=true
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23878824
    http://health.cvs.com/GetContent.aspx?token=f75979d3-9c7c-4b16-af56-3e122a3f19e3&chunkiid=157011

13. robot

robot Active Member

I am not sure that is true. Though most websites on the topic do not mention licking your wounds.

A few links on the subject
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wound_licking
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/07/080723094841.htm
    http://health.cvs.com/GetContent.aspx?token=f75979d3-9c7c-4b16-af56-3e122a3f19e3&chunkiid=157011

Just realized perdidochas has said something similar above.

14. Jonsa

Jonsa Well-Known Member Past Donor

some people around here believe that Homosexuality is a choice.

some people around here don't think vaccinations are beneficial preventative healthcare measures.
    (a subset of the group being those who think vaccines cause autism)

Some people believe that scientific theories are the same as unsubstantiated hypotheses.

Since this is the science sub, I'll force myself to stick to just crazy things people think about science (or lack thereof).

AboveAlpha and (deleted member) like this.
  15. AboveAlpha

We can actually SEE the edge of our Universe.

At a distance of 13.4 Billion Light Years is a wall of Super Heated Microwave Radiation which impeded all lights progress from that point as beyond it at a distance of 379,000 Light Years is the point at which the White Hole Ejection or the BIG BANG occurred.

This exists all around us in every direction as it what first created the Space-Time that right now between this Wall of Super Heated Microwave Radiation is all the Galaxies.

The thing is as we use the Doppler Shift and other new High Tech. Methods to determine distance withi our Universe....is looking back 13.4 Billion Years in Time as a Light Year is the distance Light Travels in a Year....close to 6 Trillion Milies.

But Dark Energy is not forcing the Galaxies further away....Dark Energy is CREATING SPACE-TIME BETWEEN THEM AND ALL WITHIN OUR UNIVERSE.

Some people mistakenly think that before the BIG BANG or before the WHITE HOLE was generated that there existed EMPTY VOID.....this is FALSE.

There was no EMPTY VOID.

There was no Space-Time.

Only after the Quanta that was ejected from the White Hole did Space-Time exist.

AboveAlpha

16. AboveAlpha

There are differences but the premise is the same.

All three worship the same Monotheistic GOD.

Jesus is considered a PROPHET in the Koran.

Sure...all three take their Liberties here and there....but they are basically the same.

AboveAlpha

17. AboveAlpha

I am a Fiscally Conservative Socially Liberal Voter from Massachusetts who is just took a HALF A$$ED SHOWER that one of my Team Members set up with some wire and a Hollowed out Log that holes were punched into that is filled by a stream that does not have water running in it every day.

One of the Main Reasons my Team and I are so effective is I AM NOT POLITICAL AND I HAVE ZERO POLITICAL ASPIRATIONS.....and because of this and because after multile decades of doing JOBS all over the Planet and developing friendships, networks, systems and communication methods....POLITICIAN'S ARE SCARED TO DEATH OF ME!!!

Why?

Because I am very wealthy and thus I cannot be bought.....I am not Political and have zero Political Aspirations....I have people WHO WOULD DIE FOR ME.....and because of this if I was to die under suspicious circumstances.....the absolute best and most well trained individuals in the WORLD would determine how I died and who caused my Death.

Then there is my Military Connections as the U.S. and U.K. and many other Militaries and I made a deal a long time ago.....I WILL NEVER THROW THEM INTO A MEAT GRINDER.....and they will HAVE MY BACK WHEN I NEED IT!!

Then there are the AGENCIES.....this is a LOVE HATE RELATIONSHIP.

But although some of them LOVE TO HATE ME.....they are also aware my over 99% Success Rate speeks for itself.

The only person I worry about screwing me over is....me.

AboveAlpha

Of Obama although I did not vote for him....I know this.....He is the 2 time elected President of the United States and I exist to keep the people of those States safe.

And I could not be more PROUD of the young men who are from various branches of the U.S. Military and I would be remiss if I did not mention them and how you should be proud of them as well as we sometimes have members who are British SAS and Aussie who I have selected as well.

18. AboveAlpha

The amount of evidence leading us to believe a Multiversal System exists at such a high level of Probability is mostly because WE HAVE DEVELOPED PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS USING MULTIVERSAL MODELS!!

Things like Quantum Processors and Computers......Cell Phone Electronics....etc.

Nothing says.....IT'S REAL!! More than a PRACTICAL APPLICATION!! LOL!!

AboveAlpha

- - - Updated - - -

That is crazy!

Considering the majority of people ever killed or murdered in the history of Planet Earth was in the name of some GOD!! LOL!!

AboveAlpha

19. jackson33

jackson33 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Under the "Big Bang Theory" the U is expanding. Anything expanding can't be infinite.

AboveAlpha and (deleted member) like this.
  20. AboveAlpha

OK....I am not certain which one you find debatable for certain on the first part.....the Universe being Finite I assume?

The second one I can tell you IS NOT DEBATABLE!!!

Cut's on the fingers or Hands do not allow a great deal of bleeding thus Saliva triggering coagulation is not necessary.

However the Human Mouth is home to some VERY NASTY PATHOGENS!!!

I earned a Medical Degree but as my Father was Military and also heald a degree in Medicine and other things....he always told me..."Son.....the Human Immune System needs PRACTICE.....so for a kid or even an adult rolling around in the dirt and gras and mud will help build up your immunity to all those different types of Bacteria and Viruses but the ONE THING YOU SHOULD NEVER DO IS SUCK OR LICK A CUT ON YOUR FINGER OR BODY!!!

My Dad was right!!!

In my home things like Antibiotic Creams, Soaps, Wipes...etc....were not allowed.

We has Alcohol, Hydrogen Peroxide and Iodine!!

Our DIET was also important as both sides of my family have long life spans and both of my Grandfathers and my Dad were THE STRONGEST MEN I HAD EVER MET...except maybee my Great Uncles....man were they strong!!

One of my Great Uncles just dies a short while ago at the age of 103. He was fully functional and could still drive right up to the day he died.

Our entire family and I eat like this as well but probably I eat a lot more....eats good cuts of Beef, Venison, Pork, Chicken, Pheasant....I think some of you can tell I am a Hunter....Quail, Turkey, Lobster....I am a MASTER DIVER and I have a Lobster Licence so my Cat is the best fed little BA$#@RD on this Cat's Earth, Crab, Shell Fish......and I have a very large Organic Garden.

My Dad explained to me as a young kid....YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT!!! Except unlike other kid's Dad's HE EXPLAINED WHAT THAT ACTUALLY MEANS!!!!

Human's are OMNIVEROUS......were evolved to eat just about anything.

Now granted I work out upon a level most people half my age could never handle but I have to work out like this when I am home because if I didn't I could NEVER keep up with my Team Members who are just KIDS and let me tell you it's pretty damn hard keeping up with a 20 something over difficult terrain!!

Every member of my Team must follow a very strict NUTRITIONAL REGIMENT and for those members who are not Married.....I E-MAIL A NUTRITIONAL LIST...NOT GUIDELINE.....LIST.....of what they can or cannot eat!!!!

I E-Mailed my list to one of my Team who's MOMMA....did not take too kindly to the LIST....so she grabbed her son by the EAR and had him HARD DATA ENCRYPT E-MAIL ME!! LOL!!

She and her son live in a State on the GULF COAST.....and she has this TO DIE FOR.....Meal that she taked MUD BUGS, SHRIMP, CRAB...OYSTERS AND CATFISH CHUNKS DEEP FRIED IN BATTER.....and CORN BREAD.....CORN ON THE COB.....and FRESH WATERMELON!!!

All the MUD BUGS, SHRIMP and CRAB....are boiled and she pours in SPICES....enough to fill a LITER BOTTLE...right into the boiling shell fish.

Her daughter....my Team Members Sister deep fries the Oysters and Cat Fish Chunks....and YES....as this Members DADDY passed away....I end up being DADDY for this day when the whole Team is invited and as we are being debriefed after a JOB not too far away anyways...we all go....so it is MY JOB....to keep the hands of a group of..."HAVE NOT SEEN A GIRL IN FOREVER"......men off this pretty girls BUTT every waking moment of the day!!!!

Anyways.....MOMMA.....has what I can only describe as a GIANT WOK......that she uses as she puts ina combination of Peanut Oil....and some other Oil's...she wan't tell me as she say's its a secret.....and a minute or two before the Shell Fish is almost done.....in this WOK....she get's the Oil Hot as she burns wood under a moddied steel trash can.....and she pulls all the shell fish out from the boiler....and in the WOK she throws in a steel bowl that is about 14 inches in diameter at the top and curved like a half of a Basket Ball.....and this stell bowl is FILLLED WITH RAW FRESH SLICED GARLIC, GREEN ONIONS, CHOOPED RED ONION, WATER CRESS and a few other things.

She throws the garlic and everything else in the metal bowl into the giant WOK and stirs it with a giant metal spatula.

Then just before the Garlic burns she throws in the shell fish and stirs and stirs.....has her Son and one of my guys dump this atop 3 picnic tables that have newspapers protecting their tops but as well plastic under the paper.

Then her daughter places the literally HUNDREDS of pieces of DEEP FRIED OYSTERS AND CAT FISH CHUNKS around the edges....and then ears of sweet corn placed atop woth a special CORN BUTTERER CAN SPINNERET.

There are 3 kinds of greens...etc....Moonshine....and all the Beer one could drink.

ANYWAYS.....AFTER ONE EATS THIS THEY CAN BE SMELLED BY THE ENEMY FROM 10 MILES AWAY!!

I TOLD MAMMA THAT HER LITTLE BOUNCING BABY BOY WOULD BE COMING HOME IN A BODY BAG IF SHE ALLOWED HIM TO EAT THIS WITHIN 14 DAYS OF OUR DEPARTURE ON A JOB!!!

She got the message.

AboveAlpha

21. AboveAlpha

Your right!!!

They are ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!!!

Hey....Mommy...how about some POLIO??

AboveAlpha

22. AboveAlpha

We have evolved beyond the necessity of Saliva activating Blood Clotting.

There are some really NASTY PATHOGEANS....lurking in the Human Mouth!!

AboveAlpha

23. Karma Mechanic

prove it

24. Cautiously Conservative

Cautiously Conservative New Member Past Donor

Tell that to Stephen Hawking.

25. Karma Mechanic

licking wounds is instinctual and the benefit outweigh the risk in many cases especially if the person has a good immune system. While bacteria can be introduced there is also anti-bacteria benefits.