How the U.S. thinks Russians hacked the White House

Discussion in 'Russia & Eastern Europe' started by Destroyer of illusions, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Destroyer of illusions

Destroyer of illusions Banned

[​IMG]

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/07/politics/how-russians-hacked-the-wh/index.html

Talented hackers in Russia..... I think that Russian hackers have long owned access to all government agencies. (The Pentagon, the CIA, the FBI, NASA etc.) Russian naturally possess access to commercial organizations USA. (Nuclear power plants, hydro power plants, substations and distribution TTD)
    I'm wondering how you think - whether Russian hackers access to US nuclear missiles? Could Russian hackers arbitrarily change the purpose of US nuclear missiles ? Could Russian hackers get full control over the management of the US nuclear missiles? What do you think how long it takes to Russian hackers have such an opportunity? What do you think about this?

2. Merwen

Merwen Well-Known Member

The missiles have been around so long, I doubt they're connected to the internet.

darroll and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Destroyer of illusions

Hello my friend. Do you remember - was an old American feature film, about a teenager launched a computer game, but it turned out that he launched the attack simulator Russian missiles? I do not remember what it's called. Incidentally, a good movie. While in Hollywood knew how to make a movie, where there was a sense. (Now unfortunately - only special effects. Meaning loses appeal.)
    Missile control must be connected to the Internet. Otherwise, it is impossible to remote start. I'm no expert, but this is my opinion. Although I can be wrong.

4. Merwen

Merwen Well-Known Member

Even if they would be connected, they're all so old--on both sides-- who knows what would happen?

The "O" rings would probably fail or something and they'd all land in the country/s that shot them off.

5. Sly Lampost

Sly Lampost New Member

Exactly what evidence is there to demonstrate that the Russians were actually responsible?

It may seem flippant of me, but in view of the huge anti Russian propaganda campaign over the last 12 months or so, anything published by the major media and the US needs to be questioned, imo.

There seems to me to a large degree of "fluff" in that story - unconnected parts that have been hinged together to create a story. But the evidence is very minimal, however. Even the White House declined to openly finger the Russians. It's just baldly stated by CNN as an incontrovertible fact.

What are these "tell tale codes and other markers" that the CNN story mentions and who are the "investigators" they mention?

6. AlpinLuke

AlpinLuke Well-Known Member

It could even be a wanted leak by US agencies ... to observe the effect on the "background noise" ... this could make it possible to detect real Russian hackers around.

7. Destroyer of illusions

Some real examples.

November 9, 1979 in a bunker National Centre for Management of the Joint Command Aerospace Defense of North America received a report which said that the Soviet Union has opened a nuclear attack in the United States. Immediately on ICBM "Minuteman" command has been given training to launch retaliatory. In addition, the sky rose more than 10 interceptors. Americans took a few minutes to check the signal after receipt of the received data. As it turned out, no sign of a missile attack is not. Blame for the fact that the world almost started a real nuclear war was a computer tape. It is intended for educational practice actions when a missile attack. Your computer is located on duty tape was accidentally loaded.

June 3, 1989 America was a signal of a missile attack. ICBM "Minuteman" were quickly alerted, and the military took their seats inside the bombers. The US would have already begun to active hostilities, if it were not for one "but". Computers are constantly changing their testimony. Number of possible running towards America missiles, according testimony in the machine is constantly changing. And in a big , and in the smaller. Does not coincide with the computer data and figures sent from other command posts. As a result, the meeting had to urgently collect and verify the initial data from satellites. No proof of a missile attack was detected. It turned out that in American computers there has been a breakdown one of the circuits, because of what and issue different data continuously.

September 26, 1983 in the command post Serpukhov-15, Lieutenant Colonel Stanislav Petrov was on duty. September 26 computer said about running out of American missiles. However, Petrov did not rely on a soulless machine, and he decided to analyze the situation, display computers, and then Petrov came to the conclusion that the system was wrong. And he was right. Thus, a cool head and a tendency to reason one man helped to prevent global nuclear war. The investigation conducted after the story revealed that the cause of the error system became flare sunlight satellite sensors.

January 25, 1995, Russian President Boris Yeltsin was first mobilized "nuclear briefcase" for emergency communication with military advisers. The reason for such drastic measures was the launch of meteorological rocket, which was carried out by scientists from Norway. The flight path of the missile, assembled to study the aurora borealis, was similar to the trajectory of the US missile Trident D-5 for a nuclear explosion. Therefore, the Russian radar and gave an alarm. As later recalled by witnesses of these events, became a surprise missile only for President Yeltsin, but the General Staff of the plans of scientists had known for two weeks before launch. (Although we all know that Yeltsin - an idiot, but the situation was dangerous.)

P/S:

For your entertainment. Rare photos. Osama bin Laden after training in judo (right).

[​IMG]

8. Destroyer of illusions

Bravo !!! You are very precisely formulated. Once again - Bravo !!!

9. Destroyer of illusions

This is not possible. Even I, far from computer hacking man, know about such programs as "Tor" and the like. In security, only one opportunity to catch a hacker: if a hacker - idiot.

P/S:

ENIAC - the world's first computer

[​IMG]

10. Merwen

Merwen Well-Known Member

You really wouldn't want a hacker playing around with something like that anyway--for all we know something like that could inadvertently trigger a "dead man's switch".

I suspect thst major targets would be hard wired in any case, although who knows what anyone crazy enough to build such a system in the first case would do.

Too bad about Osama--he chose the wrong country to attack. Attacking innocent and unsuspecting victims seems to be a jihadi characteristic, doesn't it? Schools; opera houses.......

11. AlpinLuke

AlpinLuke Well-Known Member

Oh well, it's not about catching the hacker, it's about making hypersearch in real time on the net, scanning the background noise [all the incredible mass of useless data which travels on the net] looking for any "reaction" to the leak. Usually there is a circle of less or more "smart" people surrounding a hacker ... they could react in some way ... interpolating the reactions ... But it could be the case that Russian hackers are surrounded only by very smart people. One never knows.

Anyway, this is a hypothesis based also on the consideration that after the Snowden affair, I guess that US institutions and agencies of any kind changed all the protocols [but you know, sometime the "Intelligence" is not that "intelligent"].

12. Sly Lampost

Sly Lampost New Member

Indeed yes.

Or it could just be old fashioned propaganda, of course, to keep western minds focused on what they should think....

13. Sly Lampost

Sly Lampost New Member

Interesting picture Destroyer, would you care to provide some additional background about it?

14. Destroyer of illusions

I think that the more complex the technology, the greater the likelihood of failure. Modern nuclear weapons - very difficult to weapons.
    Bin Laden - a product of the United States. Therefore, the United States pay for his product....Incidentally ISIS, al Qaeda and other - also a product of the United States.

15. Destroyer of illusions

Probably you're right. I do not understand these nuances. But it is written persuasively. And if a hacker idiot (possible) - it can be detected. But it would be impossible to prove.

16. Right is the way

Right is the way Well-Known Member

Wargames.

17. Destroyer of illusions

Taiwanese judo coach suggested some photo agency "Reuters". He said that this photo of Bin Laden in his youth. According to him, in the early 80-ies in the Saudi Arabia Bin Laden had studied judo. While Bin Laden two or three times a week judo. Since 1984, bin Laden stopped going to training.

18. Destroyer of illusions

Thank you. It is necessary to reconsider.

P/S:

For You in gratitude for reminding the film's title. Russian volunteer in eastern Ukraine on the go fires a anti-tank gun 1941 the sample. It weighs 21 kg and produces 15 rounds per minute. For Novice clavicle fracture and dislocation of the shoulder provided!

[video=youtube;-hQHC1D9-gY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hQHC1D9-gY[/video]

19. Destroyer of illusions

Hackers who allegedly stole classified information appears to have forgotten the crime scene his passport and balalaika. And also presented picture for memory.

[​IMG]

20. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

lol and your opinion is noted. Do you also believe Russia hacked the aliens?

21. Destroyer of illusions

Aliens - it's your profile. I am no expert in this matter.

22. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

My guess, every government has hacked some form of every government on this planet. Everyone wants to know what everyone else is doing.

23. Sly Lampost

Sly Lampost New Member

Thanks. So, I guess the black belt was for show only... :eyepopping:

24. darroll

darroll Active Member

I wonder what they found out about our prez?

25. Jeannette

Jeannette Well-Known Member Past Donor

Moscow knows everything about almost everyone, they don't reveal it though unless push comes to shove...like when they revealed the phone call between Pyatt and Nuland deciding who they should put in as president of Ukraine. Obama said how low can they get. Of course, people being killed and maimed in Ukraine non stop isn't low in the minds of the Washington sociopaths.

![​IMG]
    ....Hee, hee, hee! We're great aren't we?