Hey people

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FH96, Apr 12, 2015.

1. FH96

FH96 New Member

Alright everyone, hows it going? I'm from Essex in England and consider myself to be leaning towards libertarianism, but not quite the kind of libertarianism that Nozick or Locke would have us in. I just want the government to stop doing so much stuff, basically. I am a university student in a campus that Wikipedia labels as a 'left wing hub', so as one of a small number of right wing students there, its tough for me socially! I am also an atheist who is an advocate for secularism. I'm following the 2015 General Election very closely, and I currently intend to vote for UKIP as things stand, but it gives me a small bother to say this because when I tell people this, I can tell that they associate me with some of the idiots you hear saying things like "What happens when renewable energy runs out?" and "Climate change is caused by gay people". It makes me sad because that is not what I am about, but people seem to think that it is, simply because we support the same political party. I have been subject to insults amongst my peers, calling me racist, homophobic etc. when none of this is true. I hope that I should not be subjected to the same bile on here, and I look forward to getting stuck in :)

2. Shangrila

Shangrila staff Past Donor

Welcome to PF. We do hope you will enjoy the discussions.

3. FH96

FH96 New Member

Scratch that - I'm not supporting UKIP anymore (I was unsure of my support when I wrote the post!).

4. Meta777

Meta777 Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forums :)

5. Pregnar Kraps

Pregnar Kraps New Member Past Donor

Howdy!

:)

PK