Officers, city officials resign after new {Black} mayor elected

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Pax Aeon, Apr 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pax Aeon

Pax Aeon Well-Known Member

`
    "Voters in Parma, Missouri voted in their first African-American female mayor.Tyrus Byrd will be sworn in as mayor on Tuesday evening, April 14, at the Parma Community Building.

According to Mayor Randall Ramsey, five out of six police officers resigned this week, effectively immediately.Mayor Ramsey said the city's attorney, the clerk and the waste water treatment plant supervisor also turned in resignation letters citing "safety concerns."Mayor Elect, Tyrus Byrd, said she was unaware of the situation and plans to ask questions about the "safety concerns" during Tuesday night's ceremony." - Source
    `
    ************************************************************​
    `
    Is this just a coincidence? I don't think so. I'll call it the way I see it; racism. I like the "safety concerns" touch. It adds the inbred touch to a Missouri, "Mayberry" town where such racism runs so deep, people are willing to quit their jobs over.

The newly elected black female mayor has her work cut out for her. It's hard to say which is more at play here: racism, or crony corruption. A town of less than 800 people had the same mayor for over 30 years and suddenly a bunch of officers resign? Gee, wonder if they figured the gravy train was ending.

`
    `
    `
    `
    `

2. whatukno

whatukno New Member

Did you expect them to do their jobs under such conditions? I mean how is a person supposed to work for someone who's obviously been elected by the people? That's just crazy talk. Next thing your going to say is that the police shouldn't be beating black suspects because they were caught for the offense of being black.

3. CircleBird

CircleBird Banned

The blacks have been getting away with blatant blackness for so long that it's gotten to the point where people are starting to act like there isn't anything wrong with it.

Our children are the ones paying the price.

These cops are true heroes for finally standing up to the blacks.

4. whatukno

whatukno New Member

Oh and to add insult to injury, she has the audacity of being a WOMAN on top of it? The unmitigated GAUL of this person, to be both black AND a woman? What sane person could work under such conditions!

The next thing you know, she'll be talking about women and blacks having "rights"! When will the madness stop!

5. Russ103

Russ103 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Is it possible for just a second that maybe, just maybe... The newly elected mayor is just like comrade DeBlasio of NYC who is anxious to throw his own officers under the first passing bus being driven by the likes of Sharpton?

When one guy turns his back on his leader, maybe it's him. When neatly all of the men turn their back, maybe it's the so called "leader" who needs to look at themself as the problem.

Assuming it's racism is the kind of cheap bs that has watered the word "racism" down to meaningless.

6. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

no no... racism must be assumed FIRST.....

if my county elected one superintendant in particular, I would resign and go to another district to work, and it has nothing to do with because he's black. Of course, racebaiters won't care for my true reasons for resigning if he's elected... (luckily, the chances of this super getting elected anywhere is next to zero... so I'm good for now)

7. leftlegmoderate

leftlegmoderate New Member

Slow your roll there OP. 'Proof' of racism in this incident is completely anecdotal.

8. Pax Aeon

`
    1) To a certain extent, anything is possible such as alien's disguised as humans, but in the world of logical probabilities, the answer is no. At face value, it is what it is.

2) I'll grant you this, the news article did not state the race nor gender of those who quit. The assumption here is that those who quit are most likely white, males. Even then, all those people quitting at the same time a black female is elected mayor, is suspicious enough to warrant an investigation....if not for criminal cronyism then racism.

3) Assuming racism here is not only logical but is is rational, even in the light of the lack of evidence. When all the facts are known, which will happen as this story has just taken off, then such assumptions will be considered as true.

`

9. Russ103

1- you are lacking any logic whatsoever.

2- you admit to no facts being given but in the same breath go on to convict people based on "assumption" thereby proving that any hint of logic is lacking.

3- you admit to "lack of evidence" but continue to show your partisan hackery of a post.

You have failed a perfect 3 for 3 there. Good job.

10. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

Proof? All those Leftist race-agitators OUT THERE don't need no stinkin' proof! That's what leaping to conclusions on hate-based leftist racism is all about . . . prejudiced assumptions and feeeeeeeeeeelings, and -- well of course! -- knowing that the bulk of the ideologically and politically left-aligned MSM have ultimately got your back. Sweet!

11. leftlegmoderate

12. Russ103

I know these guilt ridden Pajama Boy libs better then they can ever hope to know themselves. It's really low hanging fruit to nail them with facts and logic in cases like this.

There are times (this OP included) where I wonder if it's flame baiting BS or if the poster is really lacking any common sense and logic and has plenty of time on their hands to spend online.

13. Pax Aeon

`
    1 - We disagree.

2 - I'm giving my "opinion", have you ever heard of such a thing? The right uses opinions in lieu of facts whereas I freely admit it is only my opinion. I could very well be wrong. However, I use "Duck Logic" here....that's to say, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck; it's a duck.

3 - There is enough "circumstantial evidence" here to question the reasons why these people quit. The odds are in my favor that at least part, if not most, of the reasons have to do with race as opposed to the excuse "safety violations."

4 - We'll see.

`

14. SiNNiK

SiNNiK Well-Known Member

Let me tell you a little story about something that happened to my wife and I not too long ago.

We went to the grocery store, and while shopping we stopped by the deli section and there were two employees behind the counter and one was helping two old black ladies who appeared to be in their 70's. They were saying things like "Ohh no that's some short thighs, you can't give me no short thighs because I'm not gonna take them". I look past these ladies and make eye contact with the second employee working at the deli and he comes over and says "How can I help you?"

We say we want 8 pieces of chicken, we don't even care what kind, so the guy puts 8 pieces in a container and hands them to my wife around the side of the black women, who then take a break from complaining about "short thighs" long enough to look at my wife and then say to each other, out loud, "It's because she white."

You will find racism wherever you want to find racism.

In the Army we had a couple of guys we would never follow into battle, one was black. Was it because he was black? No, it was because he was a dumbass. Had probably 8 other guys in my unit that were black who I would follow, but of course you don't care about their ability to do their job, the only thing you care about is the color of their skin.

You calling me and my kind racists all the time, but I see that the color of one's skin matters way more to you than it does to me.

15. leftlegmoderate

Aye, this is the most important bit.

Until, or if, alternative motivations are revealed, there's not much point in making assumptions... at least not in the current events section.

16. E_Pluribus_Venom

E_Pluribus_Venom Well-Known Member

Damn blacks need to know their place.

17. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

Does anybody know what this New Mayer campaigned on?

18. Pax Aeon

`
    It's a good story, as stories come and go, but your personal experiences have nothing to do with this incident. Now if this happened in Parma, Missouri, that could be reasonably related, but as is, your account has no relevance to this.

19. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

Your assumptions have no relevance either.

20. SiNNiK

SiNNiK Well-Known Member

It has everything to do with your knee jerk exclamation. "It's because she's black".

Everything.

You will find racism wherever you want to find it.

21. Ctrl

Ctrl Well-Known Member Past Donor

SO glad you asked.

This republican mayor, a lifelong resident, campaigned on cleaning up the corruption plaguing the city under the former mayor of 37 years.

But lets all just go with racism instead. That's much more fun.

22. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

Ahhhh....well there ya go. Thank you.

23. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

It's a bit of both, most likely. Nobody could post such an OP and fail to understand how logic could immediately tear the foundation of baseless assumptions to shreds; and so it had to be posted as flamebait. On the other hand it also smacks of true believer's FAITH in the party's propaganda. So a bit from column 'A' and a bit from column 'B'.

24. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

She is a Republican? She campaigns on clearing up corruption and people resign? Could it be they were corrupt no no no it has to be racism! :wall:

25. Pax Aeon

`
    Actually, it's called ulterior motives but I'm quibbling. Now, do you mean to say I'm trying to hide my motive behind some kind of conspiratorial wall? ....despite the fact that I freely admitted that racism is the most plausible factor as to why those people quit? This story broke on Sunday which makes it pretty darn current if you ask me.

- - - Updated - - -

`
    Thank you for your opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.