reading transgender children's book to KINDERGARTNERS>>MOD WARNING<<<

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Steve N, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Steve N

Steve N Well-Known Member Past Donor

see MOD WARNING here

Ok, this is getting ridiculous. Sex educations doesn't start in kindergarten, indoctrination does. I would be shocked, shocked I say, if a single person on this board approves of this. And once again we have to find out from a foreign news source what's happening in our own country.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-kindergarteners-without-telling-parents.html

2. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

Remember when citizens of Main were noted for having good conservative values and common sense? Perhaps this sort of egregious crapola by the Left will inspire the remaining good people to take over control of their state again from the leftist wackos. Still it does beg the question . . . just how collectively crazy is the Left going to become before sanity gets restored to this nation?

3. timslash

timslash Banned

I think that so-called "sex education" should be provided only by parents and maybe sometimes by psychologists, but not in schools or kindergartens! Kids shouldn't(of course they should but not in age of 0-14) know how to ****!

4. leftlegmoderate

leftlegmoderate New Member

Sex education should basically consist of how reproductive organs function, std's... and that's pretty much it. Students don't need an education about abnormal sexuality or specific sexual acts.

5. williep

williep New Member

We have one political party: Demopublicians. And their main goal is asset-stripping (aka looting) this country along with their buddies in the central banks and Wall Street.

Events like these certainly move their social goalpost slowly ...... but really .... aren't these stories really being used to capture our attention and dilute our energy and anger?

6. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

I would need to know more, if the school has a transgender student and students are picking on him, this is appropriate, otherwise it makes no sense, also was the book in good taste, was it just a be nice to those that are different type of books? don't be a bully, ect...

7. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

A transgender kindergarten kid??????

8. sec

sec Well-Known Member

you bet me to it

no kindergarten age child should be encouraged to play dress-up

9. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

This has nothing to do with sex education. Transgenderism is about gender (the characteristic), not sex (the act).

That foreign "news" source just plagiarised two American sources. It's nobody else's fault that it was the British right-wing tabloid trash that you spotted first.

10. FreshAir

very possible a little boy wants to dress as a girl.. it could happen

want to avoid this, have a uni-sex dress code...

11. antb0y

antb0y Well-Known Member

Kindergarten kids dressing up are not necessarily transgender and not every boy becomes a firefighter when he grows up.

12. FreshAir

http://www.tfd.com/transgender

trans&#8226;gen&#8226;der
    (træns&#712;d&#658;&#603;n d&#601;r, trænz-)
    n.
    1. a person appearing or attempting to be a member of the opposite sex, as a transsexual or habitual cross-dresser.

13. GeddonM3

GeddonM3 Well-Known Member

The thing about transgender is when the kid feels something about it he/she will go to her parents or someone to figure it out. Putting this (*)(*)(*)(*) into the head of a kid that young is beyond stupid. Very rarely will a child that young even question sex, or anything along those lines. Put that into a kids head and you will have him questioning something he or she never thought of, which can cause unnecessary "experimentation" .

Let the kids decide on their own as they grow, let them be kids first and when they mature they will realize who they are or are not.

(*)(*)(*)(*)ing idiot people want kids to grow up and question adult themes way before they are truly supposed to. Children are innocent, leave them that way and take your silly ass indoctrination somewhere else.

14. antb0y

antb0y Well-Known Member

I know. But that is not what small children do. They don't dress up as a member of the opposite sex - not deliberately. They dress up as mommy or Ms. Kindergarden Teacher. That is no crossdressing, just dressing.

15. upside-down cake

upside-down cake Well-Known Member

I don't get it. Anything you teach a kid can be considered indoctrination.

There's nothing wrong with being Gay. Throwing a tantrum for exposing kids to a part of reality is immature on the parents part. Quit trying to control people.

16. Steve N

Steve N Well-Known Member Past Donor

That would be true if homosexuality is due to a gay gene, so if people don't have it they will not be gay. However, apparently those in the LBGT community and their sympathizers believe homosexuality can be acquired as a matter of choice rather than genetics. For something they say they're born with they go through a lot of trouble trying to convice people to choose it.

17. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

Where I am from, this would not be all that unusual. Not commonplace, but I could definitely see it happening. Teachers try to passively instill values from a young age. Looking back, I remember quite a lot of potentially questionable things my kindergarten teacher brought into the classroom...

18. FreshAir

parents dressing their children in serialized adult attire is a problem, but I think that is more a problem with heterosexuals

19. Pax Aeon

Pax Aeon Well-Known Member

`
    While I am an advocate for Gay rights, there are limits. I believe that sex ed is a parental right and as such, at the very least, should legally require parental approval and an "opt-out" provision. I'm all in favor of teaching children the virtue of tolerance and acceptance of ALL people, regardless of race, gender, culture, nationality, creed and sexual orientation but NOT in the guise of sex ed for kindergarteners....or grades 1 through 6.

20. Jack Links

Jack Links Well-Known Member

Marxist Demoralization.
    Part of their plans to destroy a nation from within.
    Poison the minds of children who become adults in leadership postions.

21. way2convey

way2convey Well-Known Member

What the hell???? The superintendent says "The whole culture at Mitchell School is about teaching tolerance and respect", but when a parent questions her about this treats her like (*)(*)(*)(*). That, my friends, is how liberals practice tolerance and respect when they are confronted.

22. Nunya D.

Nunya D. Well-Known Member

There is absolutely NO scenario where teaching kindergarten children about transgender relationships, without the permission of the parents, is acceptable. Even if your example is correct and the school had a transgender student that was being "picked on". Only the student(s) involved with the bullying (with their parents) should have been counseled. At that age, you do not do a blanket "educational" course to the whole class.

23. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

From the OP.

One unnamed mom was so angry she contacted conservative pundit Sean Hannity after she felt that the school ignored her initial complaint.

'I feel like my thoughts, feelings and beliefs were completely ignored….My right as a parent to allow or not allow this discussion with my child was taken from me. It is very upsetting to me that I didn't have an option at all,' she told Hannity.com.

That is quite amazing, is it not? Now if it was something regarding my child that I was upset about, I would start with the school, and go up from there. School board, pertinent supervisors and officials.

Why would someone, unnamed of course because giving your name would actually lend credence to a perpetual liar and charlatan such as Hannity, a man who makes a living preying upon the minds of the gullible and weak to sell advertising time, go running to a talk show host who has no authority to do anything?

That being said, it is a book, not of a sexual nature, and if parents do not wish their child to be educated and aware of things unlike themselves, why not simply instill "values" such as hatred and bigotry at home? Tell them that it is wrong to hear about anything unlike themselves and that they should treat it with utter disdain?

24. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Where is there anything about the superintendent mistreating a complaining parent? There is a claim from a parent that the principal was "very cold" but nothing more than that and nothing about the superintendent addressing parents at all.

Maybe you shouldn't get so worked up in your need to attack anything you deem "liberal" for your petty political purposes?

25. Terrapinstation

Terrapinstation Well-Known Member

So it's 'bigotry and hatred' if I don't want my 5 year old to hear about transgenders, homosexuality, etc in school when he should be learning to read and write? If that's bigotry, then sign me the (*)(*)(*)(*) up. And btw, do they teach heterosexual sex education in kindergarten nowadays, or is it just the perverse gayness they're pushing on kids?