Sheriff David Morgan shares his opinions on "black culture"

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Steve N, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Steve N

Steve N Well-Known Member Past Donor

I think the sheriff nails it. There appears to be a problem in his community that he's trying to address and he does so without pulling punches but not in an offensive manner. In the minds of too many people racism is one sided and people only see what they want to see. I'm sure there are those who will disagree with what he said, and if so, please explain why.

[video=youtube;uBi3g-T306k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBi3g-T306k[/video]

2. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

What he is describing is not "Black Culture", it is a culture that has been taken on by some young black folks. You don't see older black folks engage in many of the activities that many young black folks engage in, so it can't be "Black Culture". There are also many young whites who engage in some of these activities, therefore, it needs to be addressed in the proper manner.

3. TomFitz

TomFitz Well-Known Member

This man has a very clear obsession with race, and as such, should not be in any public office. I am assuming that he was elected (sherrifs normally are). So, his racist attitudes are a reflection of those who voted for him.

This is nothing but a collection of stereotypes and attacks on one particular ethnic group.

That's what bigotry looks like. This one is wearing a uniform.

4. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

I do have to say that any sheriff that uses his office to editorialize against a race has to be questioned as to his ability police in a manner that open could not call unbiased.

I am a bit shocked that this sheriff would, in uniform and presumably under the guise of his position, make such a odd rant that has absolutely nothing to do with his office.

5. Denizen

Denizen Well-Known Member

The guy is a racist. He quickly steered his speech into denigration of blacks. Attitudes like his are one of the major reasons for this problem.

I surmise that this guy did not vote for Obama in 2008 or 2012.

What a racist. Perfect fit to KKK.

6. Pardy

Pardy Well-Known Member Past Donor

They need to visit a mostly-white trailer park and ask the locals what they think about police officers.

7. Steve N

Exactly what did he say that was racist?

8. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

On a side note, is this sheriff the actual thought police?

Telling folks how they should thin, how they should feel, how they should self identify in regards of their heritage?

9. Steve N

So now you're telling him how to think, is that it? He hasn't said anything that wasn't already said on this board at one time or another.

10. TomFitz

I wish I could say that I'm schocked. But I'm not.

Ever since Newt Gingrich and Rush Limbaugh championed hyper partsianship and division as a way to riches, the bar on acceptable public discourse has been steadily lowered.

Add this to the outburst of outright bigotry on the part of their angry white man base, and this is the inevitable result.

- - - Updated - - -

Just about everything. His comments were nothing more than a catalog of negative racial stereotypes.

11. kgeiger002

kgeiger002 Active Member Past Donor

I agree with you!....He has to assimilate or he is a bigot - is that correct my liberal friends?... it's just par for the course (sigh).

12. TomFitz

We're telling him, and you, that bigotry is an unacceptable trait in a public official.

You aren't going t oserve and pretect people you hate. And when you wear a uniform and try and used your office to legitimize your bigotry, you're unfit to wear the uniform.

He can have whatever opinion he wants to have. But he can't use his uniform as a license to be a bigot.

13. Steve N

What bigotry? Can you quote him so I know what you're referring to. Thanks.

But I suspect you simply don't like what he's saying, can't refute it with facts, so you turn it around on him and put the sheriff on defense.

14. MrNick

MrNick Banned

Yeah right, so why is it when there are black conservatives who pay their bills and follow the laws they are condemned by progressives and blacks as "not being black enough"?

It seems normal black folks get thrown under the bus for being "too white" so please tell me what being "black" actually means? what? hating white people? talking jive? being a criminal?

15. TomFitz

There were no "facts" to refute. Just racist stereotypes and attacks on a particular ethnic group.

He's a bigot.

16. Esau

Esau Well-Known Member

i dont disagree with anything he said. he doesnt come across as racist, he's just an old man with not much of a clue about what to do about any of the problems he sees. I don't think his commentary revealed anything we don't know, it didn't reveal much of anything really, it wasn't even a rant.

17. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

So only black conservatives pay their bills and follow the laws, read your statement back to yourself and listen to how foolish that sounds.

Funny I never hear that phrase about someone black who works, follows the law and pays their bills on time as being to white from nobody other than white racist, conservatives.

- - - Updated - - -

What did he say that wasn't?