Fed Censorship is Coming

Discussion in 'Media & Commentators' started by longknife, May 5, 2015.

1. longknife

longknife New Member

For all you supporters of “New Neutrality” - I toldya so!

FCC Commissioner: Feds May Come for Drudge :steamed:

However, Pai (a Republican FCC Commissioner) said it was only the beginning. In the future, he said, “I could easily see this migrating over to the direction of content… What you’re seeing now is an impulse not just to regulate the roads over which traffic goes, but the traffic itself.

When will you leftists learn that allow government to open the door just a little bit is an invitation for them to slam it open wide? I don't care what your excuses are, just because they claim it's to treat internet providers like public utilities doesn't mean it won't spread further.

Read the article @ http://www.prisonplanet.com/fcc-commissioner-feds-may-come-for-drudge.html

2. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

This is very concerning, because the internet is a free speech bastion of freedom, but there are already several small signs that this freedom is beginning to erode.
    The natural inclination of government is to want to control things, and legislatures will continuously pass more and more laws over the years.

3. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

Few people are aware that the government can contact any major search engine or major company like Ebay and Amazon and privately tell them the do not like a website, product listing, certain types of businesses, certain general types of topics and certain product categories - whether or not illegal - and those companies will summarily ban the product, website, and company. No notice is given nor is there any appeal process.

This has now become the government taking over the Internet on behalf of the mega-wealthy companies. Just like public utilities, competition will not be allowed. Rather, rights will be sold to the highest political contributor bidders.