The PA is funding and supporting anti-Israel statements during "Nakba Day"

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by stuntman, May 14, 2015.

1. stuntman

stuntman Well-Known Member

First of all, we need to remember, that such "Nakba Day", is a day, that the "Palestinians" mark each year, in the day when Israel established (May, 15th). That day makes the Arabs not forget about their "right of return" to the villages and their homes that they lived in until 1948. The problem here is, that such homes are located inside of Israel, and the PA when they funding such of day, they actually support the return of Arabs to their places in Acre, Jaffa etc. and they could only fullfil it by establishing an Islamic state in that bounderies- AKA anti-Israel statement.
    While the PA is supporting and funding acts that are against Israel establishment, they are doing the people thei govern on a misjustice act, because the PA cant fullfil it in the corrunt reality, of a Jewish state that been established and will never be destructed.
    The PA could never do any concessions on the refugee issue because the Arabs that they govern on, will never accept less then returing to the homes in Acre, Jaffa, Tel Aviv and so on.
    While the PA is redicilazing the Arabs in the West Bank, they project to the world that the PA is an organization that devoted to end this conflict in peacfull manners.
    Let us not forget that also Hamas shares (more openly) the same idea with the PA.
    Hamas is at least honest with this inspiration, while the PA decieving not only the Arabs but the international community as well.

Source: http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/5722/palestinian-authority-treason

2. xavierphoenix

xavierphoenix New Member

The PA is committed to ending this conflict peacefully. Under Olmert-Abbas talks which both sides agree were months away(despite that bibi since becoming pm again in 2009 has refused to continue talks from that point) from agreement Abbas agreed in principle to only a limited right of return. Yasser Abdo Rabbod As I have mentioned on this forum before current Shin Bet head Yoram has stated Abbas is not interested in violence or a third intifada. In addition several security officials describe Abbas as a peace partner like former chief artillery officer Nati Sharoni "Israelis “must stop hiding behind the slogan 'there is no partner' [for peace]. Abu Mazen is a partner, maybe the best we ever had." Amram Mitzna former central command head "Abbas’s actions have proved "to anyone who wants to know if there is a partner on the other side that, yes, there is one". Former brigade commander Gilad Sher "The current Palestinian leadership is as good as it gets: Palestinian leaders recognize the State of Israel, support a two-state solution, coordinate with Israel on security matters, promote business and trade, and officially oppose violence. If they continue to lose legitimacy among their people, as they have over the past several years, the self-fulfilling prophecy of ‘no partner’ may come to be." Omer Bar-Lev(son of former chief of staff Haim bar Lev) former Sayeret Matkal head has said "The claim that Mahmoud Abbas is not a partner for peace with Israel is a right-wing political tactic. Israel can reach a “series of understandings over many years that will lead in the end to an agreement along the Clinton".
    http://www.israelnsp.org/what-they-say/a-palestinian-partner-for.html
    http://www.timesofisrael.com/negotiate-before-its-too-late/
    http://www.timesofisrael.com/security-chief-says-palestinian-leaders-not-stoking-violence/

In Jenin which during second intifada was known as home of the suicide bombers Mohammad Saber who's brother was in Martyr Brigade and spent 23 years in Israeli prison for killing a police officer said
    "“And I have to say that I feel we succeeded in getting more than we did during all the years of war. We have international recognition and status. We want more — we want a state — but for now it seems to me that the current situation, this calm, will last, at least as long as Abu Mazen is in power.

But we’re headed toward the unknown. You ask me: ‘What is going to happen?’ and I don’t know what to tell you. Nobody can make any promises. But no one here, including the poorest people, wants problems.”

‘Yes, Abu Mazen has given in on the refugees even though he denies it. So really, there’s not much left to do except make peace’

Sabar speaks in the clear Hebrew of the Israeli prison. “Our leadership makes the policy. Not everyone takes the law into his own hands,” he says. “Today it’s not acceptable to be armed in the camp or anywhere else. I believe that we will not be going back to the situation of 2002 anytime soon. People’s basic attitude right now is that they want to live in dignity. They don’t want a revolution or violence.

“When our leader, the president, said, ‘Anything but violence,’ it trickled down. In the end, the nation is influenced by the position of the president and the leadership because, among other reasons, he is consistent about it. He repeats the same sentences all the time, and the public gets the message. We don’t want to go back to that cycle.

“Of course, there are things that don’t depend only on us, and you need to remember that, too. There are various groups here, and all that has to happen for everything to go wrong is for them to do something. Hamas, for example. We heard recently that some of its cells were arrested for planning terror attacks. That could have ruined everything despite the strong desire not to return to violence.

“My hope is that even though Israel has a right-wing government, something in your society, and in ours too, will change for the better. After all, everybody knows how a peace agreement is going to look, more or less. The borders, Jerusalem, the refugees. Yes, Abu Mazen has given in about the refugees even though he denies it. So really, I think there’s not much left to do except make peace.”
    http://www.timesofisrael.com/in-jenin-once-the-suicide-bomber-capital-a-fragile-transformation/

The recently sworn in government also has Ayelet Shaked as justice ministry(she is known for wanting to end Supreme Court independence from changing judical appointment committee to having more members being from knesset than judges or members of bar association and for a 61 MK majority to be able to authorize laws that the Supreme Court strikes down(in other words government simply would be able to vote against any decision Supreme Court strikes down since 61 MK is minimum needed for gov,it's a cause of concern of her being appointed justice minister however her proposals to end independence of court is unlikely to pass with Kuluna coalition party opposing ending independence of court ) did a facebook post of an article by late Uri Elitzur in which Elitzur referred to the entire Palestinian people as the enemy. The post also said mothers of Palestinian terrorists should be killed for raising little snakes.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...n-declares-war-on-the-palestinian-people.html

Another example of a post given to someone guilty of incitement is MK Eli Ben Dahan as deputy defense minister. As deputy defense minister he will be responsible for civil administration in the West Bank. While discussing resumption of peace talks in 2013 in a radio interview Dahan stated "To me, they are like animals, they aren’t human.".
    http://www.timesofisrael.com/new-deputy-defense-minister-called-palestinians-animals/

3. stuntman

It is been contradict by the support and the funding in the "Nakba Day" by the PA on anti-Israel statements + Abbas also announced in the lest riots in Jerusalem that "all ways" are valid:
    Source: http://www.timesofisrael.com/fatah-calls-for-day-of-rage-in-jerusalem/

+ all the people that you gave are a left-wingers that have an well-known agenda regarding the conflcit, while I gave an article writtten by Khaled Abu Toameh, an award-winning journalist, that was working for a PLO-affiliated newspaper in Jerusalem.

And this claim is been contradicted by the support and the funds that anti-Israel statement are enjoiyning in "Nakba Day".
    It cant be peace with an organization that supports, funds and allows such statements to be used. It's like the US will start talking about peace treaty with Al-Qeada or ISIS.

The reality is contradicting his claims. In Kasbahs there are weapons, and they people that have weapons use it, in rallies etc.
    The policy of the PA is supporting and funding anti-Israel statements in the "Nakba Day", which is a day that they mourn on the creation of Israel.

It is only reinforcing the facts that the PA is supporting and funding anti-Israel statements.

It is his personal opinion, this is not shown in the grounds. As I showed.

This subject has nothing to do with the topic od this thread. Dont change the subject of this thread.

BTW- Ayelet Shaked didnt call for the genocide of the Arabs. She simply qouted an article that was written by Uri Elitzur. If you want to blame anyone of anything, then you need to blame Uri Elitzur, not Shaked. Ayelet Shaked only qouted it, because she agreed that that is a war.
    His her respond to the Facebook post:
    Source: http://jonathanturley.org/2014/07/1...-palestinians-trigger-international-backlash/

Can you provide the radio interview itself when he said it? Because I failed to find that interview.

4. HBendor

HBendor New Member

Seems to me that your fantasy and your projected exaggeration have no bound.
    Where is Olmert? Where are Resolutions, 181, 194, 242 and the like...

Seems to me quoting others:
    The Arabs have a propensity to repeat the same mistakes expecting different results.

Also 'stowaway' do not get the right to steer the ship...

And finally: The Arabs never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity!!!

5. georgephillip

georgephillip Well-Known Member Past Donor

"More than 760,000 Palestinians, estimated today to number around 5.5 million with their descendants, fled or were driven from their homes in 1948, with the Nakba marked every May 15.
    For the Palestinians, the right to return to homes they fled or were forced out of is a prerequisite for any peace agreement with the Israelis, but it is a demand Israel has rejected."
    http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/05/israeli-army-clashes-palestinians-nakba-day-150515145802087.html
    Israel refuses to acknowledge its roots or compensate its victims; that was one of South Africa's last mistakes.

6. HBendor

HBendor New Member

You love to repeat and propagate the lowly <takiyya> = Arab deception...
    First and foremost according to UNRWA statistics in 1948... ONLY 450,000 refugees left... A great number of these people were accepted as citizens of Jordan.

Very few of these refugees were land owners or property owners, they were imported workers (by the Ottoman Empire) to work the Land of the Turkish Effendis thus one could come to the conclusion that they had no roots in Israel.

Again the Arab States threw out One Million Jews from their place of birth by giving them a one way ticket to Europe... the majority are now in Israel...

Why should Israel after 67 years accept the descendants of these people who have no relations whatsoever to Israel? Think a little.

Israel is here to stay! Have a nice day.

7. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

The Arabs have a right to remember.

No justice, No peace.

8. xavierphoenix

xavierphoenix New Member

I never said there wasn't some incitement(there is incitement on both sides). I said that Abbas and PA has no desire to use violence or to destroy Israel. Abbas has a Palestinian street to contend with and have fight off claims of being extension of Israeli occupation. His actions like security coordination with Israel show that he is for a peaceful solution to conflict. Security officials like current Shin Bet chief Yoram Cohen and former senior army commanders like I shown also state that he is a good partner. In talks with Olmert that both sides agree were months away from agreement Abbas agreed to Israeli annexation of all settlement blocs except Ariel(which sits on fertile ground), all Jewish neighborhoods in East Jerusalem except Har Homa staying annexed to Israel, and agreed to international trustee that includes Israel over holy basin proposed by Olmert.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/13/magazine/13Israel-t.html?_r=0

&#8220;When our leader, the president, said, &#8216;Anything but violence,&#8217; it trickled down. In the end, the nation is influenced by the position of the president and the leadership because, among other reasons, he is consistent about it. He repeats the same sentences all the time, and the public gets the message. We don&#8217;t want to go back to that cycle."
    How does that say Abbas wants violence or wants Israel destroyed? He's saying in clear terms the president doesn't want violence or go back to an intifada.

I posted about Shaked and Dahan since you referred to incitement by PA observing Nakba when incitement is done on both sides. I pointed out that Shaked didn't write it. I pointed out that she posted an article by Elitzur on facebook which was subsequently deleted. Elizur's article does refer to all Palestinian people as the enemy. Here is some excerpts from Elizur's article
    "They are all enemy combatants, and their blood shall be on all their heads. Now this also includes the mothers of the martyrs, who send them to hell with flowers and kisses. They should follow their sons, nothing would be more just. They should go, as should the physical homes in which they raised the snakes. Otherwise, more little snakes will be raised there."
    www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldv...r-considers-all-palestinians-to-be-the-enemy/

Regarding Dahan. He did say it I cited a valid source times of Israel which is an online newspaper founded by and edited by former Jerusalem Post editor David Horowitz. The interview was conducted with the talk show "radius". Below is link with original quote in ****w.
    http://news.nana10.co.il/Common/Gen...et&utm_medium=ticker&utm_campaign=mivzakimnet
    Google translated it as
    "Deputy Minister Ben-Dahan: "The Palestinians are brutes, they are not human"
    19:08 01/08/2013
    Deputy Minister of Religious Services, Eli Ben-Dahan, said today racism against the Palestinian people. "For me they are brutes, they are not human," said Ben-Dahan, Jewish Home Party, in an interview with "radius". "The Palestinian people is not educated to peace, he does not want peace," added the deputy minister present his teachings, in view of the resumption of negotiations. "What they are taught at camp? We take them jamboree. What do they do at camp? Simulated weapons and war"."

9. xavierphoenix

xavierphoenix New Member

Few of them were imported workers and most had connection to land. That doesn't mean they should get a right of return. As you corrected pointed out many Jews(roughly 800,000) left/forced out of Arab countries after 1948 war. Refugee situation from result of 1948 war was not unique during that time period. The same thing happened on a much larger scale with partition of India. It also happened earlier with expulsion of millions of Germans in Eastern Europe after WW2 and population exchange after Greek-Turkish war between 1919 and 1922. The refugee crisis also was caused by inter-communal civil war that started after Arab rejected partition plan and starting attacking Jewish civilians after rejection of partition plan with crisis increased after invasion of five Arab armies following Israel's declaration of independence. In addition to all those reasons above, granting right of return would destroy Israel as a Jewish state and probably as a democratic state since as I have pointed out on this form before that Arab states at worst are breaking apart often on sectarian lines or at best strong monarch with limited rights and behind in social/economic indicators.

10. stuntman

And with that, Abbas also supports and funds anti-Israel statement durinf the "Nakba Day", and also called that "all ways are valid" in the lest riots in Jerusalem.
    Such of things are not acts of a man that want peace.
    While you giving me people that are a left-wingers that have a well-known agenda regarding the conflcit, I gave an article writtten by Khaled Abu Toameh, an award-winning journalist, that was working for a PLO-affiliated newspaper in Jerusalem.

The position of Abbas is to use all ways to fight back. As I showed you that he said it in the last riots. This is contradicting your whole claim.

If you want to blame anybody on this article, then you need to blame Uri Elitzur, not Shaked.
    Also lets not forget, that it was an article that was never been published.

I'm still waiting for the actuall interview, as I asked for you to provide, when you say Dahan said what he said. Because I failed to find it.

11. HBendor

HBendor New Member

Speaking of Abbas... B. Netanyahu should order his arrest for incitement against Israel, recompensing murderers of Jews and giving a Pension to the released assassins from Israel prisons... This would be a forewarning for the so called leaders in this 'Gaza Pirate enclave'.

12. georgephillip

"Why should Israel after 67 years accept the descendants of these people who have no relations whatsoever to Israel? Think a little."

Think about the ratio of Jew to Arab in Palestine over the past hundred years?
    Ten times as many Arabs as Jews lived between the river and the sea when Europeans began their colonization of Palestine. By 1948 there were twice as many Arabs as Jews living in Palestine; today there are roughly equal numbers of both nations living there. Think about that.

13. xavierphoenix

xavierphoenix New Member

Abbas does have Palestinian street to contend with and fight off claims of being extension of occupation. As I have pointed out current Shin bet chief and several former high ranking military officers say that he is a good partner and not interested in violence or another intifada with West Bank for the most part quiet since end of second intifada with attacks consisting of lone gunmen attacks. Also I have shown that there is incitement on both sides. In Shaked she did post Elitzur's article on her facebook endorsing his views subsequently taking it down after outcry over it. I also pointed out that Dahan called Palestinians animals and not human on interview with radius(times of Israel is a well respected Israeli source). There are other cases of incitement like former foreign ministry Lieberman saying disloyal Israeli Arabs should be beheaded. Another one is Naftali Bennet saying "I've Killed Lots Of Arabs In My Life And There's No Problem With That". Other examples include rabbi Yitzhak Ginsburg president of yeshiva(which does receive state funding) in Yitzhar who;s yeshiva published King's Torah(condones killing of gentiles including children justifying it on claim they have potential to grow up as a threat to Jews), rabbi Yitzhak Shapira who was co-author of King Torah, rabbi Avihai Rontzki head of yeshiva in settlement of Itamar who was chief rabbi of IDF from 2006-2010 while he was head leaflets were distributed that said "Another leaflet informed soldiers that cruelty is sometimes a "good attribute" and that all Palestinians were their enemy. Another asked: "Is it possible to compare today's Palestinians to the Philistines of the past? And if so, is it possible to apply lessons today from the military tactics of Samson and David?" It concluded: "A comparison is possible because the Philistines of the past were not natives and had invaded from a foreign land ... They invaded the Land of Israel, a land that did not belong to them and claimed political ownership over our country ... Today the problem is the same." Another example is rabbi Dov Lor chief rabbi of Hebron who endorsed King's Torah and has said We must cleanse the country of Arabs and resettle them in the countries where they came from." Lor also has called Baruch Goldstein who massacred 29 Palestinians in 1994 holier than martyrs of holocaust. Not surprisingly all of these settlements, Yitzhar, Hebron, and Itamar are known to be the most extreme and constantly harass Palestinians.
    http://imeu.org/article/state-sanctioned-incitement-israels-extremist-rabbis
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ister-says-disloyal-arabs-should-be-beheaded/
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/29/naftali-bennett-kill-arabs_n_3670767.html

14. HBendor

HBendor New Member

a) Let me refresh your memory and the memory of haters of Israel...

Israel where it is situated is the <Land of Israel> since the birth/inception of history.
    The Land the Arab squatted on is the <Land of the Jews by right>.
    The Land where the majority Arabs lived on after the Arab conquest of the seventh Century was/is <Jewish Land>...

The Jews were not eradicated, they were alive and well, dispersed it is true, but trickling in back home... That this has disturbed the ratio between Arabs and Jews is sad, but the Jews want their patrimony back.

One has to remember that Spain = (Andalous) was once also conquered by the hordes of Islam from 711 - 718 CE that ruled Spain for 899 years until expelled in 1609 CE...

Israel wants to redeem its country by <liberating it> come hell or high water...

15. HBendor

HBendor New Member

I do not follow the logic here... If the above is true, why are the Arabs still living in Israel, the Land of the Jews, their Patrimony from <time Immemorial>???

16. georgephillip

Can you explain why Jews are entitled to land their ancestors' conquered thousands of years ago? Are they "Chosen?"
    If so, by whom?

Since there are currently an equal number of non-Jews living in Palestine today and Likud has ruled out any Arab state west of the Jordan river, Jews are facing a choice between living in a democratic state or an apartheid state.

17. HBendor

HBendor New Member

I do not find your response logical nor civil!!!
    The Israelite conquered Canaan an absorbed it = intermarried with the Canaanites and this is why the blood of the original owners of that land flows in the veins of today's Jews. This is their land from the time of Moses, Aaron and Joshua.

The Arab conquest of the Seventh Century will be reversed because Seven Million Jews want their country back... Spain got its country back after 899 years of Arab subjugation so will the Jews!!!

Official demographic researchers have proven just the opposite... It is well featured and well documented in the book by Caroline B. Glick titled the <Israeli Solution>

18. xavierphoenix

xavierphoenix New Member

The ancient Israelil states don't have any legal relevance to the current situation. It would be like Iran claiming Iraq and the entire middle east since the Persian empire once ruled it. Land where Arabs squatted on? They have a longer history of living there then most Israelis who are descended from Ashkenazi Jews fleeing pogroms in Eastern Europe or Mizrahi/Sephardic left/forced out of Arab countries after 1948 but weren't residing in Palestine itself. Jewish majority in Palestine had declined by 5th century after Romans brutually supressed two Jewish rebellions, by 5th century most were Christian. Most people in this forum aren't calling for Jews to be eradicted. The occupation doesn't redeem Israel it destroys it as a Jewish and democratic state. No one who cares about Israel shouldn't be supporting that.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographic_history_of_Palestine#Middle_Ages_demographics

19. xavierphoenix

xavierphoenix New Member

The study you cited isn't believed by most demographers with Caroline Glick in her book pointing out that by 2015 there won't be Jewish majority between Mediterranean and Jordan river which includes Gaza Strip. That seems to have happened using Israeli statistics Jews are 50% between Mediterranean Sea and Jordan. Again will post again about study you cited that most people disagree with.

The demographic study I cited uses Israel's central bureau of statistics for Israeli population. 2.7 million is believed to live in the West Bank. The American Israel demographic research group claims 1.5 million live there. That goes against most sources with CIA world factbook placing the population of West Bank at 2.7 million. A 2005 state department report states 2.4 million live in the West Bank. The Israeli civil administration in the West Bank in 2012 put population of West Bank at 2,657,029. Arnon Soffer a geographer of Haifa university and demographer Sergio Della Pergola of Hebrew University in Jerusalem both disagree with AIRDG saying

"Without a partition deal, Jews will eventually become a minority because of higher Arab population growth, said demographer Sergio Della Pergola of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and Arnon Soffer, a geographer at Haifa University."

"if Israel gives up most of the West Bank, it can assure a Jewish majority at home “for eternity,” Soffer said.

On the other hand, Della Pergola said, keeping the West Bank means “you must give up on a Jewish state.”

The American-Israel Demographic Research Group, a private initiative led by Yoram Ettinger, a former Israeli consul in Texas, claims Palestinians in the West Bank number only about 1.5 million — or about 1 million less than the Palestinian count.

Ettinger’s group alleges that two Palestinian censuses, of 2007 and 1997, were flawed. He argued that in 1997, Palestinian demographers counted some 325,000 Palestinian emigres and presumed large-scale immigration that didn’t materialize.

Ola Awad, the chief Palestinian demographer, said the 2007 census was based on a detailed head count, with advice from the UN and Norway. Anders Thomsen of the UN Population Fund backed her up, saying the census was “done according to international standards,” with support by his and other UN agencies.

Yacov Faitelson, a member of Ettinger’s group, also argued that Arab fertility is falling in much of the region while Jewish fertility — already exceptionally high for a developed country with three children per woman — is on the upswing.

Della Pergola said he factored declining Arab fertility rates into his forecasts, and charged that his critics ignore that Palestinian society is younger, with more people of reproductive age.

Soffer was coauthor of the tricky million person gap which showed 21 flawed assumptions of AIRDG.

I did read the Israeli solution and noted during the 1990's it was predicted that by 2015 there would not be a Jewish majority between Mediterranean Sea and Jordan river. That prediction seems to have been close since I have shown using Israeli central bureau statistics for Israeli population with 1.7 million Palestinians in Gaza and 2.7 million in West Bank(which is reflected by other sources beside Palestinian bureau of statistics like US state department, CIA world factbook, and Israeli civil administration in the West Bank) that 50% are Jewish. "
    http://www.state.gov/j/drl/rls/hrrpt/2004/41723.htm
    http://www.timesofisrael.com/in-israel-the-demographic-issue-gains-resonance/
    http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/.premium-1.532703
    http://mondoweiss.net/2014/02/population-israelpalestine-projected

Text of haaretz article cited
    In May 2012, the Palestinian population of the West Bank stood at 2,657,029, according to a Civil Administration document obtained by Haaretz. In addition, the document points out, there has been a 29 percent rise in the Palestinian population since the year 2000.

However, over the past few years, a fierce battle has taken place over the number of Palestinians living in the territories.

The American-Israel Demographic Research Group has been trying for eight years to prove that the Palestinians have managed, with great sophistication, to inflate their true population by 1 million people, and that the real figure currently stands at about 1.5 million people.

The group's claims are not corroborated by demographic experts in Israel and around the world, but Israeli right-wing activists and politicians have adopted them, including Economy Minister and Habayit Hayehudi chairman Naftali Bennett, MK Tzipi Hotovely (Likud) and former defense minister and foreign minister Moshe Arens.

Right-wing activists say that if there are only 1.5 million Palestinians in the West Bank, there is no "threat" to Israel's demography – referring to the state's desire to maintain a Jewish majority – and no need to launch negotiations over a Palestinian state. Instead, they say, it's time to talk about annexing Palestinian territories and their residents to Israel.

Hotovely says that in the long term Israel can naturalize all West Bank Palestinians and still remain a Jewish state, and Bennett's views are similar. "There are 1.5 million Palestinians in the West Bank and 400,000 settlers, and nobody's going anywhere," Bennett recently said in an interview with the Washington Post.

The American-Israel Demographic Research Group is led by former diplomat Yoram Ettinger. The team responsible for the data includes Los Angeles businessman Bennett Zimmerman, historian Roberta Seid and physicist Michael L. Wise.

The group published its first paper in 2005 in what was seen as a move to block the Gaza pullout by disputing the accepted demographic figures. The paper contests the Palestinian Authority's censuses of both 1997 and 2007.

These censuses were the only ones held in the West Bank and Gaza since 1967 and were supervised by the Norwegian government. Based on these studies and figures from the Palestinians, the Israel Defense Forces, the United Nations and the Shin Bet security service, the Palestinian population in the West Bank is usually estimated at between 2.6 million and 2.7 million.

But according to the American-Israeli group these numbers are distorted. First, the group says these numbers include 300,000 Arab residents of East Jerusalem, which Israel counts as Israeli Arabs. Second, the group says Palestinian demographers include people who left the West Bank many years ago. Third, it says figures for population growth don't jibe.

"These are not necessarily lies," Ettinger said. "But the Palestinians count differently. The problem isn't them; the problem is with those who accept their data without checking. For example, in the matter of the births there's a very imprecise fact there, to say the least."

The group points to the decline in the Arab birthrate throughout the Middle East. According to Ettinger, the birthrate of Jewish women in Israel is higher now than that of women in neighboring countries.

"What this group is doing borders on crime, it's a macro deception," said Prof. Arnon Soffer, a geography professor and a severe critic of the American-Israel Demographic Research Group . A 2004 meeting between Soffer and then-Prime Minister Ariel Sharon was considered a milestone in Sharon's decision to embark on the Gaza disengagement.

In 2007, Soffer co-wrote an article called "The Tricky Million-Person Gap." According to the piece, all 21 assumptions of the American-Israeli group are flawed.

"Take for example the issue of mortality," Soffer told Haaretz. "The Jewish population has the normal number of elderly compared to the rest of the world. The Arab population does not have as many elderly people and so the mortality rate is lower." Among Israeli Jews, six people die annually out of every 1,000, compared with 2.5 in the Arab community, Soffer says.

"The members of the group also say that every year between 60,000 and 80,000 people leave the country. So if we're patient, in a few years the last Arab will turn off the light," Soffer said.

"Believe me, I've been at all the border crossings and there is no such thing. It's nonsense. They also claim that the figure of 400,000 Palestinians living abroad should be subtracted. But what about the number of Israelis living in New York?"

The debate boils down to whether there is a Jewish majority between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea. According to Ettinger, Jews make up 66 percent of the population between the river and the sea. And due to the change in birthrates, this majority is stable. "There is no Arab time bomb, there is a Jewish tailwind," he said.

According to Soffer, there are 6.2 million Jews and others in Israel, 1.7 million Palestinians in the Gaza Strip and 2.5 million Palestinians in the West Bank. There are 1.6 million Israeli Arabs, not including Druze. Thus there are 5.8 million Arabs and 6.2 million Jews between the Jordan and the Mediterranean.

Soffer also talks about 60,000 people who have entered Israel illegally, 120,000 tourists who have outstayed their visas, and 300,000 Palestinians who have entered Israel since 1967 and live here, as well as foreign workers. "We are now 49 percent between the Jordan and the sea," Soffer says.

"If this were an academic debate, it wouldn't be worth my while to deal with [the group]," Soffer said. "But suddenly Bogie [Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon] tells me we don't have a demographic problem."

According to Dr. Assaf Sharon, academic director at Molad, a left-wing think tank, "The debate over the future of the territories is important enough to hold based on real facts and data. The so-called facts in the ideological right wing's strategy are baseless. Rightists forget that a lie repeatedly told does not become the truth. The annexation of the territories means a binational state. You can be for or against it, but you can't deny it."

20. HBendor

HBendor New Member

>>>MOD EDIT Off Topic Removed<<<
    The proofs of Jewish existence is carved in Egyptian Stones in addition to well-known hieroglyphic inscriptions. The Tribes of Israel were well established no later than 1212 BC... In addition there exist ample evidence that demonstrate the ancient Israelite/Jewish presence that goes far back as 925 BC... This historical presence is verified in the ancient records of Egypt, Assyria, Babel, Persia, Greek, Roman, Byzantine and even Muslim record i.e. the Qur'an!!!

The Arab conquest started on or about 638 AD so this will reveal that the Jews were there at least eighteen and half centuries before the arrival of the Arab conquest of the seventh century AD. The Arabs must have forgotten that the Jews were there first!

Sir, Israel occupies its own country the Arabs are the ones to be on the defensive for they are the remnants of past Arab conquests... As far as Democracy is concerned we will be no different than today.

21. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

books written by racist witches like Caroline Glick, are irrelevent

- - - Updated - - -

FACT: many peoples throughout the eastern Mediteranean converted to Judaism before the 4th century AD.

22. xavierphoenix

xavierphoenix New Member

I don't deny in ancient times there was a Jewish/Israeliltes state, however that was in ancient times with Jews losing their majority due to successive conquests Babylon, Assyrian, Roman by 5th century. Also most Israelis aren't descended from population that has been living in Palestinian continuous for many years with Jews a minority as late as 1946 in Palestine. Part of or majority of Palestinian Muslims themselves are descended from Christians/Jews that lived in Palestine at time of Arab conquest. The reason why there never has been a Palestinian state since there always has been controlled from some empire like Romans/Byzatime,Ummayad, Abbasid, and Ottoman meaning self determination didn't apply to it which didn't become part of international law until after WW2. Again a comparison of this would be if Iran claimed Iraq belongs to them since ancient Persian empire once controlled Iraq. Just like the ancient Israelite state has no status in international law nor could Iran use ancient Persian empire as basis for annexing Iraq. Democracy no different than today? Demographics say different with Jews losing their majority in historical Palestine and as I have pointed out before up to over 50 knesset seats(I have pointed out on this form before if Israel were to annex West Bank 43% of citizens would be Arab since they would get a right to vote unless you want an apartheid state) could go to Arabs if Israel were to annex West Bank. You can't believe democracy would be the same when annexing would mean that nearly half of knesset seats could go to an Arab party like United Arab List which includes Islamist and Communist parties.
    www.ibric.org/science/97now/00_10now/001030a.html
    http://www.ucl.ac.uk/tcga/tcgapdf/Nebel-HG-00-IPArabs.pdf
    http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Society_&_Culture/israel_palestine_pop.html

23. HBendor

HBendor New Member

You do not deny my bit of history, now your excuse is : we were a minority...
    Well... we are the Majority now and the Arabs are 19-20 per cent of the population.

>>>MOD EDIT Off Topic Removed<<<

24. Art_Allm

Art_Allm Banned at Members Request Past Donor

Well, the Zionists had stolen this Palestinian land, they ethnically cleansed it, which is (according to the international law) a crime.

So Nakba is a the day that commemorates the crimes against Palestinians.

Why does Israel so stubbornly violate the international law, and how can Israel still get away with it?

25. xavierphoenix

xavierphoenix New Member

I never denied that you have some connection with the land, ancient Israelite state is a historical fact. However, that has no basis for legal claim under international law for the West Bank. By that logic Iran has a right to annex areas like Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon since Persian empire once ruled over it which is a historic fact. By that logic Russia has a right to annex Ukraine and other former Soviet republicans since they once ruled over them. At the same time Palestinians also have a connection to the land having been living there continuously longer than most Israelis(again with Jews a minority as late as 1946 in Palestine). In boundaries of Palestine under mandate ie originally greater Israel(this includes Gaza since that is between Mediterranean and Jordan river) Jews are on the verge of losing their majority with consisting of 50% of population. Unless you want Israel to be an apartheid state Arabs in West Bank would get the right to vote if West Bank was annexed. 1,730,000(20.7%) of Israel's population are Israeli Arab and 364,000 (4.4%) are other non-Jews non Arab christian, Bahai etc. Annexing West Bank would mean 40.1% of citizens would be Arab. That means potentially 48 knesset seats(did overestimate earlier at over 50 since included other non-Jews I don't know how they vote I would assume a centrist party but don't know) would go to an Arab party. The main problem in the Arab world is having trouble transiting abruptly from being ruled by empires/tribal lines to nation states after WW1/WW2(in the case of Arab north African states).
    http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/On...y-Israeli-population-stands-at-8345000-398812
    http://mondoweiss.net/2014/02/population-israelpalestine-projected