Kasich plans to enter

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by Independent Thinker, May 17, 2015.

1. Independent Thinker

Independent Thinker Active Member

2. sec

sec Well-Known Member

who???????

Without Romney, Hillary trumps all with name recongnition

3. Travis007

Travis007 Member

Great man... Id vote for him ...

4. Independent Thinker

That won't mean anything in 2016. The general populace who ultimately decides the election will learn about the nominee once he's selected. I can confidently say he, because they sure as hell won't be selecting Fiorina.

5. sec

sec Well-Known Member

you are kidding, right?

You give waaaayyyyy too much credit to the avg person on the street.

They hype and social event around Obama is over. There is no cool factor in going to the polls for the youth vote.

The black vote will remain at home as well, again, they've done " the black guy".

Despite all the baggage around Hilalry, not one loyal Democrat will not vote for her in the general election. It's team politics and she's on their team.

That leaves those who claim to be "independent and undecided". Will they be motivated enough to get off their duffs and go vote for Hillary, the only name they know?

The only way the GOP takes the WH is if enough of the usual Demcorat votes and that's youth, black, "independent" and "undecided" voters remain home AND enough people with the best interest of the country DO get out and vote GOP.

6. Bluesguy

Bluesguy Well-Known Member Donor

Vote for him for sure, he and Gingrich brought fiscal management to the Federal Government and balanced the budget.

7. Arxael

Arxael Banned

I do have to laugh at the title though when you click the link:

Virtually Certain?

8. birddog

birddog New Member

Kasich is smart, experienced, likable, and is an attractive candidate. I believe he will wind up being in the top echelon of candidates.

9. Independent Thinker

I'm starting to come around on this guy. He wants a balanced budget amendment and has a record of fiscal responsibility. However, I'm not sure if he has the charisma to get people to vote for him in the primary. He would be very formidable in a general election, but I want to see his tax plan.

10. Bluesguy

Haven't we learned that charisma, charm and celebrity do not necessarily make a person a great President?

Here look at what his tax plan did back in the 90's after he cut cap gain tax rates in 1997, after the Clinton tax rate increase.

[​IMG]

11. Bluesguy

So she has celebrity, so what? And those gaps are narrowing rather quickly.

12. perotista

perotista Well-Known Member Past Donor

As of today Kasich is number 11 in the pecking order for the debates with 2 percent. The top 10 allowed in. But he has not announced yet and when he does, if he does I expect his number to shoot up some. He'll make the debates.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep..._republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

How he performs and what he makes of that opportunity remains to be seen.

13. sec

sec Well-Known Member

umm, that is all that is needed in politics today

Did Obama twice get elected on his vast experience, accomplishments and credentials?

14. Bluesguy

No because he was black. Hopefully we have learned from that mistake and celebrity only goes so far for someone who has the record Hillary has to answer for but runs and hides from.

15. Independent Thinker

I think that's, because of the stock market cycle more than anything. When the stock market is booming revenues go up and when it's falling revenues go down. There was a boom, then a crash, hence the massive fall in 2001. Then there was a rise and crash again in 2008. I personally would like to see a flat income tax that taxes capital gains, income, and corporate profits (after paying dividends to avoid the double tax) all at the same rate. I think we should get rid of all other taxes including the regressive gas/payroll tax. This way everybody pays the same percentage on their profit. The rate would be 20% or less and it would attract business from around the world.

16. sec

sec Well-Known Member

I admire your confidence. I've grown cynical and fear that we've already gone over the cliff. The youth today has grown up with full liberal indoctrination K-college and in the movies, tv shows etc.

17. AmericanNationalist

AmericanNationalist Well-Known Member

And ran Ohio into the ground, and is a bit too much of a Social Con. It's Rand Paul or Carly Fiorina or bust. No one else deserves the WH, and not this guy.

18. Independent Thinker

How has he ran Ohio in the ground? Fiorina? What has she ever accomplished? She ran HP into the ground. She's nothing more than a token woman to attack Hillary and defend the GOP from the "War on Women" bull(*)(*)(*)(*). Nobody takes her as a serious candidate.

19. Bluesguy

No Ohio is certainly not in the ground, did it have to go through a period of readjustmentb because it was heading there, of course, the entire country needs to go through one. Paul is out with his foreign policy positions and latest statement that Republicans created ISIS. Fiorina, yep she's high on my list too, Kasich/Fiorina ticket would be great for the country.

20. Bluesguy

She managed HP through a shake out of the entire tech industry and they survived. She came in when the Hp products were already suffering. The last thing she is is a token that's for sure.

21. AmericanNationalist

The entire political establishment has a hand in ISIS. The Neo-Cons got us in there without a plan, the Democrats were reactionary and left without one. At least Fiorina has a plan(as she outlined in her interview yesterday). That already has her ahead of Hillary imo in terms of candidacy.

And yes, Ohio is stuck in high heaven over the ACA billing. It's in the same place as Oregon and Vermont. Kasich was the governor at the time, it was his responsibility. If he can't govern Ohio, he can't govern the nation. I'm sorry, Paul and Fiorina have much better records.

22. Super21

Super21 Banned

Which is your horse so far?

23. AmericanNationalist

I honestly see myself as more fit than the entire field put together :D. But like I said: Rand Paul 1st, Fiorina 2nd. The rest of the GOP field flops. Scott Walker tried to sound tough, and came off looking like someone who lacks national political experience. The Cruz's, Rubio's of the world will never get elected on either side of the aisle as being anti-American material in so many ways. The GOP primaries shouldn't even happen. No to the Christie's of the world either. When your best selling pitch is "I can debate a woman!" Yeah, your sunk. NJ/NY also has excessive gas prices so there's that too.

But at least the GOP does have front runners. The Left has a very nonchalant candidate(Hillary) and everyone else on the Left will have a tough time, having voted purely Democratic and merely being the survivors of the last mid-term onslaught. There's a reason they aren't campaigning for the WH. They know that if they lost, there might not be a senate seat to return to.

24. Super21

Super21 Banned

:) How come?

I don't like that he argues that we have to become diverse and completely change the country to survive. That is the attitude that sunk the GOP in the first place. He doesn't get it. Pandering sucks.

Fiorina is a woman which is ridiculous.

What do you mean?

I will possibly vote for Walker because he is the only one who makes sense on immigration. A prime issue.