SASC Markup Whacks LRS Bomber; Adds 12 Super Hornets, 6 F-35Bs

Discussion in 'Warfare / Military' started by Strasser, May 17, 2015.

1. Strasser

Strasser Banned

Several days old, but I just caught the story. The A-10 funding is okayed, for the time being.

http://breakingdefense.com/2015/05/sasc-markup-whacks-lrs-bomber-adds-12-super-hornets-6-f-35bs/

I haven't had the time to spend reading up on the NDAA or any of the proposed amendments yet. I'm guessing it all adds up to more confusion and diffusion of authority and oversight as is par for such bills.

2. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

The best part of the 2016 National Defense Authorization Act was that the amendment to allow Obama's illegal alien (dream kids) to serve in the military was defeated in Congress.

Obama said he will veto the National Defense Act. May explain why monkeys this week have been seen flying out of the White House Oval Office windows and flying monkeys usually comes out of someones butt.

3. Herkdriver

Herkdriver New Member

Payload over Platform...thie military requires a paradigm shift in acquisitions and a lot of this is taking place. The F/A-18 E/F Super Hornets are being equipped to carry autonomously guided Long Range Anti-Ship Missiles giving the fighter an increased ability to identify and strike targets at longer ranges from the air.

I really like this aircraft, (Super Hornet) and it remains viable in an A2A role, and for CAS it carries an internal 20mm gun. The two seater F variant allows the pilot to focus on aviating while the guy in back handles the weapon systems. It's better suited for close air support than the single seat A-10 in that regard, as the A-10 pilot has an increased workload managing both the aviating and weapons aspects of his or her mission.

The Super Hornet is doing incredibly well in Iraq...the A-10 gets all the press clippings and hype but this aircraft is becoming a real workhorse in battle interdiction and close air support roles

I also read the B-2 is being equipped to carry a stand-off range air launched (nuclear warhead) tactical cruise missile.

Payload over Platforms!