$18 trillion national debt, Anyone think the QEs are working?

Discussion in 'Economics & Trade' started by Ghosteye, May 19, 2015.

1. Ghosteye

Ghosteye New Member

Stocks slump, markets jitter. I don't think the EQs, up to this point, is working so well. I agree that it can stimulate the economy, but, at the same time, there are so many other negatives things going on. This is what I'm thinking: [Recession-QE-USD loss value overseas-hard time for multinational companies-hard time for domestic companies who live off of the big ones-cut spending, cut jobs-QE again to pomp the economy.] In the end, all the values go to the banks, and he riches get even richer. However, by the end, the government has to pay the debts; yet they are still spending more. I think it is time to put a ceiling for the national debt and repay.

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2015/05/19/investors-are-cooling-on-u-s-equities-baml-survey/
    http://www.positivemoney.org/how-money-works/advanced/how-quantitative-easing-works/

2. Ghosteye

Ghosteye New Member

Now we have had 4 QEs, and we have over $18 trillions debts. This number is already over the amount our GDP of the pres t year. What will happen if you have another QE...

3. Ghosteye

Ghosteye New Member

People whose seeing this, if you also care about the national debt, please take a or two minutes to make a quick comment or express your thoughts. I want to know what other people thinks on this issue.

4. Ghosteye

Ghosteye New Member

Because the tax system problems, the middle class people can't afford any more taxes, therefore the government has to either cut spending to balance the budget or some other way. QE is their decision, despite the inflation and the harms I listed above. These things further harm the people, especially the middle class.

5. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

"Quantitative Easing" is the Central Bank expanding the money supply by buying up more assets—particularly government debt and residential mortgages from banks.
    Money is worth something both because the government chooses to collect taxes in it, and theoretically because the banks need money to pay back their loans from the Central Bank, if they want the title to their mortgages back. Even if theoretically a bank did not want to operate in Central Bank notes, the Reserve Requirement written into the law would effectively force such a bank to put some of its mortgages on collateral to the Central Bank.

6. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

I am of the firm belief that
    America is about to go into a phase of optimism.......
    ingenuity.... inventiveness..... and even artistic creativity......
    that will transform the USA and world economy.........

This will help you to understand what I mean......

http://www.politicalforum.com/showthread.php?t=428423&p=1066953670#post1066953670
    Was Moses - Moshe a brilliant economist?
    Is the following statement one of the most accurate ideas regarding what we human beings are actually capable of IF..............we can actually agree on the need for a particular project?

"And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
    And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do." (Genesis 11)