The Truth About Washington

Discussion in 'History & Past Politicians' started by upside-down cake, May 19, 2015.

1. upside-down cake

upside-down cake Well-Known Member

I'm not going to say this is true or not, and if you don't have facts to back up your assertion, it's probably best you don't either, but I wanted to post it here because like Christopher Columbus, we tend to worship or honor people and things we really shouldn't. Idolatry is a sin, supposedly...

[video=youtube;vkwZDRB3tZo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkwZDRB3tZo[/video]

There. Take of it what you will. If anyone watched it and wants to talk about it, post away. It fascinated me and I'm wondering if it's the true kinda truth.

2. US Conservative

US Conservative Well-Known Member Past Donor

Im in the middle of listening to it right now. Molyneux does have his own bias, but it has already inspired me to do some more reading.

3. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

I am commenting here because I will listen to it tomorrow, it's too late for me right now but I don't want to forget tomorrow.

4. US Conservative

US Conservative Well-Known Member Past Donor

Watched the video. I am generally a fan of Molyneux, and plan on reading up on some of the facts introduced (keeping in mind his "the truth about" series is about deconstructing prominent figures).

For the purpose of my response I will assume that what he has stated is true. It does present an interesting dichotomy between the man and the myth-but one that I am not terribly surprised by. As for Washingtons ambition-politically and economically I am frankly not surprised-its consistent with great leaders throughout history. Washington was educated (to the extent that he was) in the classics and the great greek and latin military leaders certainly had a profound effect on him.

I am also not surprised to find he was a less than stellar general. He had no extensive formal military training, and political appointments were common at the time. Its not surprising there were other generals on both sides more capable.

The mythology that surrounded him was also bigger than he himself was-this was a new nation forming its identity-its not unique to see a hero mythology surrounding that.

Overall a great presentation, I'd particularly would like to see future ones on Churchill, FDR, and the Clintons.

5. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

I don't have two hours and forty minutes to spare watching this video.

Hey, Davy Crockett shot a bar when he was only three.

Now we all know Davy really didn't shoot that bear when he was only three years old but Davy Crockett is our Davy Crockett, he's Americana and no other country has a Davy Crockett or a George Washington.

6. upside-down cake

upside-down cake Well-Known Member

Apologies for this thread and this post. I've since found out that the author of this particular video is not reputable...to say the least.

I found the video thoughtful, I do not know if any of it is true, but concerning other videos and statements mentioned by the author of this video, I'd sooner not endorse more of his work.

Apologies again for any who did watch it and if you did, it is strongly advised you fact check all information received.

7. 9/11 was an inside job

9/11 was an inside job Well-Known Member

same here only dont know if i will be able to listen to it tomorrow but in the future for sure though.