Major Gay Marriage Study Was Fabricated, Author Admits

Discussion in 'Gay & Lesbian Rights' started by In The Dark, May 21, 2015.

1. In The Dark

In The Dark Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised. Are you? Social science is the refuge of social justice warriors and scoundrels. The heterosexual AIDS 'crisis' of the late 1980s was similarly fabricated in order to further the gay agenda. The truth of the day was too uncomfortable to confront: male/male anal sex was THE AIDS VECTOR of transmission and if you avoided that it was next to impossible to catch. But it's so hard to generate sympathy and funding for gay anal sex. So they lied.

And this is similar. Another fraud with the goal of normalizing the previously abnormal. Well done.

There will always be social science frauds.

2. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

It's the old publish or perish conundrum on the march toward either fame and fortune or -- much more important to some -- tenure nirvana. You have to publish and it has to be 'significant' even if it's not; and so thank God for pseudo-sciences like Social Science in which technical jargon disguises that fact that most of the field is replete with wishful thinking and emotional bias. In those super soft science fields it's relatively easy to fake it 'til you make it, because the real standard of proof is nearly non-existent.

Back in the mid 1980s I was taking a few extra college courses just because I wanted to -- yes, paying for them out of my own pocket -- and one was a Cultural Anthropology course. It was being taught by a professor who very clearly was an honest sort for the very simply reason that she barely had two nickles to rub together. The reason for that was that she routinely very nearly bankrupted herself so that she could travel down to Central America to conduct field studies. Anyway it was a fascinating course and a real eyeopener for me; my previous exposure to a related field of study having been an introductory course on Archeology, which was so boring in nature that watching paint dry for days at a time would have been the 'soft option' in comparison.

So anyway this professor also taught Social Science and what she told us was roughly the following -- as recalled by me over thirty years later; "Let me congratulate you students for having the wisdom to choose Cultural Anthropology for a science course. I guarantee that if you approach this course with an open mind and a zest for learning you will not only learn a great deal but enjoy every bit of it. Just think you could have taken my Social Science course which in comparison would probably motivate some of you to begin popping mood enhancing drugs, since it's dreary in nature and depressing as hell." Unsaid by her but strongly implied was that it was a soft science controlled by Social Engineering inclined leftwing types who ALL pretty much had an ideological ax to grind.

Meh . . . go figure.

3. Natty Bumpo

Natty Bumpo Well-Known Member

Then it would follow that we should ignore the Stanford social scientists who identified irregularities in the study as hyped by the rightist gutter press?

Regardless, enormous progress has been made (conservative theocracies under sharia law being the notable exception of course.)

4. AmericanNationalist

AmericanNationalist Well-Known Member

Is Social Science the same thing as Social Studies? Because back in private school, we kind of had the same thing. A bit downgraded for us kiddies back in the 90's so it wasn't about any cultural ties or anything. But what certain signs mean(Like the stop sign, etc) and it was the most boring, most uneducated class I had ever had the torture of going through.

And school was torturous in a lot of ways for me. It's a part of what motivates my education reform plans. School hadn't improved since I graduated, it got gradually worse! On topic though, of course the study was fabricated. Gay Marriage hadn't yet been that prominent. I think this whole thing started gaining traction around 2009 or so? By 2004-ish, and even 08 you were still allowed to have conservative views on marriage.

So really, not all that many couples to study and see what the trend is.

5. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

social sciences is an umbrella that shades a bunch of disciplines. a generic coverall when discussing a wide range of subjects.

6. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

Well periodically the goodballs invested in these super soft 'science' fields tweak the name so as to revamp their niche image. So Social Studies and Social Science are either the same thing or so closely related as to be redundant. I don't even know at this point if Cultural Anthropology still exists or if it's undergone a designation change of its own.

Yes, but back to the O.P.; clearly this was a faked study (or faked conclusions) and probably it was done for not only leftist ideological purposes but so as to guarantee the researcher future research grants and a certain amount of fame and glory. Now, of course, it's "Ouchie!" time.

7. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

It is comforting to know that females can't have aids. Ha,Ha,Ha

8. Flintc

Flintc New Member

Is there either a link to the study, or a link to the quote in the OP? I'm curious what was actually said, and what was actually faked.

9. In The Dark

In The Dark Well-Known Member

Quote me where I said "that females can't have aids." MOD EDIT - Rule 3

Straight male to female transmission is almost exclusively limited to IV drug using males. It's a tiny fraction.

10. leekohler2

leekohler2 New Member

And this means what exactly? That no one likes gay people? What is your point OP?

The authors screwed up, and it was admitted by them. Are you trying to say that all such studies have been falsified? If you are, you have no evidence to prove that.

11. rahl

rahl Banned

And this is why people get AIDS. Horrible disinformation.

12. SourD

SourD New Member Past Donor

Why the need to fabricate the data? I'll tell you why. It's because there isn't as much support out there for that lifestyle as you'd like to imagine, so they tried to lie to you to make you believe what you do. It's the oldest propaganda trick in the book.

- - - Updated - - -

Most people that get AIDS are homosexual men because many are IV drug users and have unprotected sex with many partners while high on Meth and other drugs, thus escalating them to the highest risk group.

13. TheImmortal

TheImmortal Well-Known Member

Shocking. Homosexuals lying to attempt to further their agenda. Nobody could have seen that coming except for anyone with a brain.

14. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

15. rahl

rahl Banned

In the U.S. not worldwide. But the disease is not a homosexual disease or an IV users disease. It's is a disease spread by having unprotected sex with an infected partner.

16. rahl

rahl Banned

And is there a link to the retraction anywhere? All the daily caller article states is that it was retracted.

17. Flintc

Flintc New Member

18. leekohler2

leekohler2 New Member

Oh horse s***. Go prove that every study out there is fabricated. Do it, or quit lying. BTW, some grad student wanted to make name for himself, that's what it was about more than anything. Well, he certainly did- and not in a good way.

Wait, so we're all big IV drug users now too? Wow. I must be really missing out on all the fun. Who knew? :roll:

19. leekohler2

leekohler2 New Member

20. Flintc

Flintc New Member

While the data may have been fabricated (this isn't clear - right now, the problem is that the raw data hasn't been provided, and can't be replicated), the basic idea that exposure to gay people can interfere with peoples' stereotypes isn't far fetched. Ask Dick Cheney.

21. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

Not the point i was making... Overly defensive much?

I showed evidence of HIV spreading by the use of sharing needles. Care to discuss it or are you only here for your agenda and reminding people you play Hockey?

22. SourD

Many gay men are.

http://www.sigmaresearch.org.uk/files/Chapter_3.3_MSM_.pdf

23. SourD

Gay men are at a higher risk, period.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/gender/msm/facts/

http://consumer.healthday.com/sexua...=brOdZhAvurNg9tH2d6R15w&bvm=bv.93990622,d.cWc

24. Thirty6BelowZero

Thirty6BelowZero Well-Known Member Past Donor

It started gaining traction when obama decided he'd use it for ammo against Conservatives and gain a couple million popular votes in the process. He was against it when he had no use for the gays. Had it been taken to a certain level and lined out, I think it would have done better but because of the "give an inch, take a mile" and "you owe me" attitude by the gays and progressives, they've gone from gaining support to pushing it away. Searching for businesses that aren't for gay marriage just so they can make a scene is one of the main problems. Another is calling anyone that don't agree with one of their views a bigot and homophobe.

"Stop while you're ahead" obviously never occurred to them. I've called BS on their "majority" studies for a long time now anyways.

Merwen and (deleted member) like this.
  25. Daniel Light

Daniel Light Well-Known Member

The majority of drunk driving deaths are caused by hetrosexual men.

The majority of shooting deaths are caused by hetrosexual men.

Hetrosexual men are a public danger - their actions cause more deaths than homosexual men.

Hey, it's fun to play your game.