Jeb Bush: It's 'Intellectual Arrogance' To Agree With Scientists About Humans Driving

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Agent_286, May 22, 2015.

1. Agent_286

Agent_286 New Member

Jeb Bush: It's 'Intellectual Arrogance' To Agree With Scientists About Humans Driving Climate Change

by Kate Sheppard | huffingtonpost.som | Posted: 05/21/2015 10:44 am EDT
    Excerpts:

WASHINGTON -- "Likely Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush said Wednesday that while he acknowledges "the climate is changing," he's not clear on the extent to which human activity may be causing those changes. "I don't think the science is clear of what percentage is man-made and what percentage is natural. It's convoluted," the former Florida governor said at an event in Bedford, New Hampshire."

"For the people to say the science is decided on this is really arrogant, to be honest with you," he said, according to CNN. "It's this intellectual arrogance that now you can't have a conversation about it, even. The climate is changing. We need to adapt to that reality." While acknowledging that climate change is happening and must be adapted to does set him apart from some of his Republican colleagues, the science is fairly clear that human activity -- namely, the burning of fossil fuels -- is the leading driver of rising temperatures in the modern era."

"Bush also criticized President Barack Obama's commencement speech to the United States Coast Guard Academy on Wednesday, in which the president argued that climate change is a national security threat. Bush said climate is an issue but should not be "the highest priority."
    While Bush has been branded a "moderate" by some on climate change, he has previously stated that he's "a skeptic."

Democrats immediately pushed back on Bush's comments. "Ninety-seven percent of climate scientists agree that human activity has led to climate change. Ninety-seven percent," said Holly Shulman, national press secretary for the Democratic National Committee. "But Jeb Bush thinks they're wrong. Who's being intellectually arrogant now?"

read more:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/21/jeb-bush-climate-change_n_7351156.html

IMO: Jeb Bush is really starting to sound like his brother now and that is really bad news for the republican party. It is inconceivable that someone running for president won't admit that the precursor to radical temperature changes as we have already seen isn't because of climate change, but Jeb will go along with what his handlers tell him to say. But whatever Jeb's thoughts on climate change are, he has a growing problem with credibility these days with his extreme views on political matters while he is still too afraid to announce his candidacy for president.

Does Jeb have to have many billions in stock to ensure his presumed success before he will make the effort to let America know if he is running or not. Sure he beat out Mitt Romney, but he is falling into the same losing pattern the arrogant rich corporate raider did in his quest for the White House. Both men are insipid and need major backup around political matters, and will say anything the GOP tells them to. But both are rich corporate raiders...do we really want another corporate raider in the ring?

2. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

?
    Conservative donors LOVE the Bush family. Conservative donors are MUCH more powerful and wealthy than progressive donors. You realize that Bush has to BE his brother, to win the candidacy and election.

Money wins an election, not your vote. Romney only had half of the support from extreme conservative donors. Another Bush is their dream.

Stop being naïve.

3. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

Although I substantially disagree with Jeb on this particular statement……… I can understand why he would say it…….. maybe I will get into this topic over here:

http://www.politicalforum.com/canad...ush-my-two-favourite-american-presidents.html
    Presidents Reagan and President George W. Bush, my two favourite American Presidents.

4. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

The subject of climate change is far more complicated than I thought that it was back in 2008 when I focused on it in my campaign for the office of municipal councillor.

http://www.politicalforum.com/polit...m-harper-deliberately-use-global-dimming.html
    Did President G. W. Bush and P. M. Harper deliberately use Global Dimming to..
    .... mask...… to decrease..... to hide.......to postpone......... a general Global Warming trend?

A second legitimate question is..... within fifty years is it at all possible that we may find out that they may perhaps have had a basically good idea in doing this?

http://www.politicalforum.com/showthread.php?t=351581

In alternate time line Mr. Gore wins the 2000 election but negates Global Dimming....

I personally loved the film "An Inconvenient Truth." I have watched it four or five times at least. It played a huge role in my deciding to join a political party that takes climate change very seriously.

Largely due to his film I actually put in two submissions for The Virgin Earth Challenge.

I do have one criticism for his film though..... the diplomacy quotient was extremely low and America is more divided than ever partly because of the flavor of his film.
    …….(post #4)…...
    ….(post #7)…..

….Could a win by Mr. Al Gore in 2000 have led to America being 15% submerged under the oceans by January 1, 2013?

Time does look like a menorah....... or tree with branches and roots... … and is not confined to being a straight line...…

In theory....... Mr. Gore's policy could have ended up greatly decreasing the Global Dimming Effect..... at the same time that it might do little to reduce a general Global Warming trend.... which could lead to rapid warming.....and of course increased cracking and sliding on the land based Greenland Ice Pack.... the world's glaciers and the outer regions of Antarctica......

Prime Minister Stephen Harper and President Bush may have deliberately allowed somewhat bad policy to continue...… because they probably had been told that the factors that increase Global Dimming..... do tend to mask Global Warming.... .which could mean within five decades we may know that that they may have had a basically good idea..... in comparison to worst possible alternative.....??????!!!

http://www.baproducts.com/chetmap.htm

Dr Chet Snow's Earth Change Map