Swedish artist goes to jail for politically incorrect satirical drawings

Discussion in 'Western Europe' started by volda, May 24, 2015.

1. volda

volda New Member

2. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

It is noteworthy how overly broad worded laws can be used to jail people for freedom of expression— in this case a man's artwork he displayed.

There is indeed some truth to this. I have seen at least two other articles where Danish politicians spoke out criticizing Sweden's infringement of freedom of expression. Maybe it is because no one in Sweden can do it.

Here is the banned political ad that the government would not allow to be broadcast:

[video=youtube;pumIT31qqQQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pumIT31qqQQ[/video]

It was basically telling old people that they better vote for the Sweden Democrats, otherwise there might not be enough money left to pay their pensions.

3. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

This video is a little 'over the top' shall we say, but they get the point across:

[video=youtube;wUkpeQNyZUg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUkpeQNyZUg[/video]

4. volda

volda New Member

Thx for replying. Yes and the ad was shown om Danish Tv and Jimmy åkesson was invited to a debate. Mikael Jalving also had a radio show broadcast from DK abort Sweden in swedish, Where swedish people could call in.

I am very worried about Sweden to be honest.

5. lunecat

lunecat Active Member

No, I don't care if anyone has a political opinion of any hue left, right or any other political form. Their opinion should be allowed to be expressed & challenged in open debate. Even if someone expresses so called "hate crimes" all opinion are valid. Only the liberal-left seek to impression people for political opinions - or at least that is how we find ourselves today.

6. Elcarsh

Elcarsh Well-Known Member

Let's make one thing very clear; this was not some run-of-the-mill "satire".

This was incitement to violence and extremely threatening imagery of specific individuals.

I don't have a problem with him being imprisoned, seeing as this is his fourth conviction for similar things.

Freedom of expression does not mean freedom from consequences, especially when you engage in incitement to violence and severe libel against specific people.

The (*)(*)(*)(*) that he engaged in wouldn't fly in any other country either, it's not like Sweden is unique in banning direct incitement to violence and libel.

7. lunecat

lunecat Active Member

You are wrong, his conviction in a Sweedish court was not incitement to violence. It was one of incitement to hatred.

I can hate many kinds of people without wanting to punch them.

Despite the error in your post. I would still argue that any political opinion is valid, even a Trotskyist or racist view & no one should be sent to prison for holding or expressing their view.

As I have said before the liberal-left have become the new SS of the modern age & only the liberal-left seek to imprison people for holding political views. We are well on our way (if not already there) to a liberal-left dictatorship. And the biggest joke is that the mass followers & apologists for these policies all consider themselves as free thinking liberals, when in fact they are rabid fascists that wish to silence all political opposition to which they disagree.

This can be seen by the gleefulness of some to the imprisonment of others.