20-week abortion ban in West Virginia becomes law >READ MOD WARNING IN OP<

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Sgt_McCluskey, May 26, 2015.

1. Sgt_McCluskey

Sgt_McCluskey Banned

2. Dollface

Dollface New Member

This law does not go far enough!! No abortions at all is the only way.

3. In The Dark

In The Dark Well-Known Member

To whore out a leftist line: If it saves just one life.....

4. AmericanNationalist

AmericanNationalist Well-Known Member

A 20-week abortion ban is reasonable. By that point, the fetus is unmistakably human and within its final stages. They also point out how few abortions reach that stage(and mostly, due to health complications). If such a law took said complications into account, I see no problem.

I will admit, my ideal is a world without abortion as an abhorrently anti-human concept. But human economics gets in the way of making entirely moral decisions. Hence, we need science and economics to continue to evolve to the point where the abhorrent becomes unnecessary.

5. RichT2705

RichT2705 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Great!

Has to start somewhere. 20 weeks is a good place to start IMO.

6. blackharvest216

blackharvest216 Banned

denying access to safe abortions does not lower the amount of abortions, it only increases the amount of illegal abortions, did you know about 2 out every 5 pregancies end in miscarraige? it;s very easy for a woman to get rid of her unwanted child throw herself down some stairs get blackout drunk everyday, grab an old wire coat hanger and do it your self.

but then again the republican war on women, has nothing too do with lowering the amount of abortions at all does it?

7. AmericanNationalist

AmericanNationalist Well-Known Member

We're talking about 1.3 of Abortions according to the CDC and other studies. If women want abortions, do it before it has a heart, a skeleton, the newly forming skin, etc. It's a freaking human at that point. It should only be allowed for medical exceptions.

8. GeddonM3

GeddonM3 Well-Known Member

Condoms are like $1.79 for a 3 pack of trojans and walmart has BC pills women can get for $15 a month. I would say laziness is the main factor rather than access. Dont tell me people can't afford BC but can afford their cigarettes, beer and whatever other items they want to spend their money on that is not a necessity.

Realistic sex education programs i do agree need to be much revamped to better educate the masses.

And I will also say new laws will help curb stupid people from making babies. There needs to be a limit on how many children welfare will cover, until we go to that extreme people do not care how many kids they got because the more the merrier come income tax season.

There are a many things we can do, but once again our government drops the ball as always. Then again more stupid people breeding creates more stupid voters, so that works out just well for our government.

9. Questerr

Questerr Banned

So you want the government to take de facto ownership of women's bodies?

10. Questerr

Questerr Banned

Fun fact: birth control and condoms are not 100% effective.

11. GeddonM3

Fun fact: Nothing in life is perfect.

Fun fact: BC and condoms work much better than NO BC OR CONDOMS

12. Questerr

Questerr Banned

So you admit that "people can use condoms" is not an argument against abortion?

13. TheTaoOfBill

TheTaoOfBill Well-Known Member

You know what is a perfect solution when BC fails? Abortions. Absolutely no one gets hurt or has to give up their life due to an unwanted pregnancy when abortions are allowed and encouraged. Not even the fetus because it doesn't develop a brain capable of holding consciousness until 3rd trimester. So it never lived to begin with.

It's a great solution for when women simply are not ready for a child for whatever reason.

14. Flintc

Flintc New Member

Which suggests a sensible policy decision: Provide free (that is, taxpayer-funded) birth control to all who want it. Combine this with mandatory public service of some kind for those who declined the free birth control and THEN get an abortion. Better yet, public service for all who get abortions, in the case that birth control is free and readily available to all.

15. GeddonM3

I never said that, I merely stated that people claim access to BC and such is a harship when that argument is a myth made up to disguise peoples irresponsibility and laziness.

I at least have respect for those who try to keep from getting pregnant by using BC and other forms of safe sex to improve their chances to not get pregnant. But as I said, nothing in life is perfect and there will be some that slip by. In that case abortion immediately is not an issue to me.

It's these other dumb hobos that go sleeping around like morons and popping out babies like it's a job that are my problem and a drain on this country.

16. Flintc

Flintc New Member

Ah yes, this raises another point. When the government provides aid to dependent children, what they are doing (from the viewpoint of the poor woman) is offering a monthly cash reward for each unwanted child. We need to end the policy of purchasing unwanted children.

17. GeddonM3

How about this.

We will provide free birth control to whoever wants it, that is reasonable. And in the event that people on the provided BC get pregnant, then if they want we can provide an abortion if they choose not to keep the child, also if they choose to keep the child then they are fully responsible for it economically. BUT if found to have declined the free BC and they end up getting pregnant, well then they are on their own no matter if they want an abortion or to keep the baby, they pay for it all.

I am not for rewarding people or fixing their mistakes when they had an obviously easy choice. It is time people start being responsible for their own actions and the government needs to remove its tit from peoples mouths.

18. GeddonM3

Yep. At least make a maximum to only cover 2, maybe 3 kids at the very most.

19. Flintc

Flintc New Member

I thought about that. Currently, they ARE on their own and pay for it all. Currently birth control is quite inexpensive. Still doesn't work - they take risks and get pregnant, then they pay. Your suggestion requires a bureaucracy to see who accepted and who declined the free birth control, and that's probably a waste of money. So I suggest provide easy access to free birth control for everyone, all the time, and advertise that it's free, and where to get it, and what the penalty is for abortion (I suggested public service). That way, there's no need to keep track - anyone who becomes pregnant either didn't bother with the BC, or didn't use it correctly (with correct use, BC failure is very rare). But WHY they got pregnant really doesn't matter. Simply require some period of public service for all who get abortions, PROVIDED of course that they couldn't help but know that BC was free and where to get it.

20. Flintc

Flintc New Member

The problem isn't quite what you might think. That child-purchasing money only goes to single mothers, on the presumption that with a 2-parent family, one of the parents can raise the child while the other raises money. To qualify, many couples (who really are steady partners) cannot marry, lest they lose that income. And when the social worker inspectors come around, it has to be clear that nobody else is living there. So these cash payments work to prevent normal relationships. This happens even with a single child, since some money is better than none. The child isn't wanted, of course, only the money is wanted.

So against a background of free and easy birth control for all, with appropriate advertising and education, I'd favor discontinuing that cash reward program altogether. If the woman STILL gets pregnant, she can choose between giving birth and raising the child, or getting an abortion and doing the public service.

21. Independent Thinker

Independent Thinker Active Member

We'd have a lot of unwanted children. I'd like to see a ban after the 1st trimester unless the baby is deformed or the mother faces serious health issues/death.

22. Dispondent

Dispondent Well-Known Member Past Donor

Shouldn't the simple knowledge of killing babies is wrong be the only argument necessary?

23. Questerr

Questerr Banned

It is just as wrong to deny a person ownership of their body against their will.

24. FoxHastings

FoxHastings Well-Known Member

So when it's a fetus you want to protect it and when it's an actual born person it's "tough bounce, starve. Your mom's a lazy moron, too bad for you"".

That is the typical Anti-Choicers stance indicating that their ONLY reason to ban abortions is to punish women for having sex.

25. FoxHastings

FoxHastings Well-Known Member

Why punish women for a legal medical procedure? Because The Great You doesn't approve?

NOW, tell me the exact words you will use when you call 911 to report an alleged abortion?

Will you tell them where the "body" is?

HOW will you know a woman had an abortion?

WHY are you against abortion.....it can't be too big a deal to you if all you want for punishment is community service?

Don't you think it's odd for punishing people for not using drugs and medical devices?

Have you looked up any laws on discriminating against an entire group of people?

- - - Updated - - -

Please prove that "babies" are killed in abortion.

They aren't.

**********************************************************************************

Then there's all the Really Ignorant People who have NO knowledge of history....abortion has always been around and will always be around.....making it illegal won't/hasn't stopped it and illegal abortions will harm women which is the GOAL of Anti-Choicers/Anti-Freedom and Liberty freaks...