Something Completely Different.

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Tram Law, May 29, 2015.

1. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

It is well know that today's politics has been predicted centuries ago. even though the authors were not immersed in the politics of the day, they were well aware of the problems that politics faces. Still, they predicted them in very unusual ways.

So here is one of them.

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.”

And so while it is not meant to be a description, i feel it is all so true, and a very apt description of how politics work.

For the same things just happens over and over again. People whine about them, talk about them, but nothing ever gets solved, and it just goes on forever.

This is a universal experience for all of making, this, is universal insanity.

This universal insanity that is politics that completely engulfs us in harsh piping sounds. Tekelili Li they cry out, not know the anarchic pitches that these monstrosities emit while they lie in waiting in the deepest darkest reaches of the the pits they sleep in.

No, the dreams of insanity embellish us in a convulsive discourse that is entirely self destructive of our very soul. A reservoir of darkness seeps within us all as we seek the light that is too far for us to reach. Humanity's means of observation and understanding are absurdly few, and those stark craggy monotonous bear only the palest light of understanding.

Those dark rituals haggard us all, and with that strange death, we are all locked into the aeons of time, forever to be lurking in that deep reaches of the inner mind.

That is politics.

HP Lovecraftian style.

:smile:

2. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

This is not meant to be a troll post, just trying something completely different.

3. ChiCowboy

ChiCowboy Well-Known Member

It's different alright. No offense, but it reads like something from a creative writing class, written by someone who is deeply depressed. A bit of cautious cynicism is okay, even healthy, but the OP sounds like doom-and-gloom coming from a Southern Baptist preacher. I don't even know how to discuss what you've written. Perhaps you could sum it up a little more succinctly?

4. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

Influenced by HP :Lovecraft, it's basically just a comment about the repetitiveness of politics, of how the same things get said over and over again and no solutions ever really get proposed.

5. ballantine

ballantine Banned

There is nothing occult about US politics.

(There are however monsters).

6. doombug

doombug Well-Known Member

Politicians are not interested in solving problems. If they actually solved problems what would they use to campaign on? Do you understand that? This is one reason career politicians are a bad thing, which is what we have today.

7. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

Yes, I did know that.

Ronald Reagan had an official astrologer.

George Washington was a Freemason and so were both President Bushes. And Goth Busges were members of the Skull And Bones society.

8. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

Two sources come to my mind that have been accurate predictions of the political situation we find ourselves in today (for different reasons):

1. Democracy in America by de Tocqueville
    2. Brutus, Cato, Patrick Henry, and John DeWitt writing against the constitution. Particularly Brutus IV.

Ours is an age of central government, representative democracy, and the resultant tyranny.

9. ChiCowboy

If this were true, we'd still be building pyramids and bowing to the pharaoh.

10. doombug

Good then you know why problems do not get solved. These politicians are put in office by the people. They suck yet the people continue to elect them. These politicians are produced by society....so are the politicians really the problem?

11. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

They are but one symptom of the problem.

12. doombug

Society is the problem. It is that simple. The further we get away from having stable communities and families the worse things get. These crooks that are in office are just products of our society that people like to blame for everything. Until we get back to traditional families and strong communities things will only get worse. Some people hate that idea but face facts we have gotten where we are as a result of stability in communities and families. Bickering over petty issues will never solve any problems or help us progress as a society. Returning to traditional ways is the only way to help things get better.

13. ChiCowboy

We got where we are by utilizing a continent's worth of previously untapped resources, and forming a society that transformed those resources.

Strong communities are vital, but failing families and communities are symptoms, not actions. You can't tell people to "be a good traditional family." What on earth is a "traditional family" anyway? I mean, whose traditions? Since traditions are formed in the past, how far back can we go? Unless you want to outlaw divorce or criminalize extra-marital pregnancy, just telling people they have to stay together or be married to have children, isn't going to work. Wishful thinking won't solve it, either.

14. ballantine

ballantine Banned

Tradition has nothing to do with it. Checks and balances have everything to do with it.

15. doombug

Bull crap. There would have been no development of anything without a stable environment that produced people willing to work. The majority of people now play the victim and are self centered. Thanks lefties.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you mean by "checks and balances"? Sounds like you are just throwing out silly terms with no backing. There is a difference between tradition and traditional. One is a noun and the other isn't. See if you can guess which is which?

16. ballantine

ballantine Banned

You're talking apples and I'm talking dynamics. Checks and balances. You don't know what that is? If not, google is your friend.

Tradition is worthless. It doesn't keep the system oiled.

17. doombug

Why do you need to defer to Google? Can't you explain your position? Guess not.

Once again, there is a difference between tradition and traditional.

18. KSigMason

KSigMason Banned at Members Request Past Donor

Not sure if you are quoting South Park or actually know who H.P. Lovecraft is? FYI, he was a fiction novelist.

Actually, neither Bush 41 or 43 are or were Masons. They are members of the Skull & Bones, but not the Freemasons; the last US President to be a Mason was Gerald Ford.

Tradition is not useless. Tradition is existing, time-tested knowledge. That is not useless.

19. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

There is no such thing as traditional families. While I do understand the importance of the nuclear family, I do not place the overriding importance that some do,

I do wholeheartedly agree that bickering doesn't really solve things. what it basically shows is that these people don't care about anything else but their interests, and that they're trying to prevent you from pursuing yours.

20. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

My favorite book by HP L is Mountains Of Madness, which an Antarctic Expedition expedition encounters the Elder Things and the Shoggoths in and ancient ruined city in the 1920s.

Edit:

Also, I'm also a fan of the Chaosium Call of Cthulhu rpg and have many books from them too.

My main character that I've played is Alexis Kirk, who is an entertainer with some small amount of psychic ability.

With a Sanity rating of 32.

21. doombug

There is such a thing as a traditional family. You just admitted there is a nuclear family.....whatever you call it you do understand what I am saying here. Society needs to get back to traditional values and reject what is being pushed by lefties if folks want things to get better. Otherwise the decay continues.

22. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

A nuclear family is not the same thing as a traditional family. I'd like to recommend that you see the Penn And Teller BS episode on it.

For further reference, you should know that while I am not a leftist, I am not big on family value or traditional values, because in this I feel it is erroneous.

Traditional values means Christian values. And America is not a Christian nation for Christians only. It is meant to be a melting pot of culture where we all work together as one for mutual benefit.

But I agree that leftists need to go. I also feel that way about conservatives and Christians as well.

They all believe that America should be for them and them only, that is something i will always fight.

23. doombug

First you say there is not traditional family and then say there are traditional values....make up your mind. You seem to be just ignoring what you do not like or agree with.

Fact is judeo christian principles have been the bedrock of American society since the founding of the nation. The US was not founded by Muslims in case you have not noticed. These principles have made this nation like it or not. While the founding fathers did believe in seperation of church and state, a very good idea, they also believed in a small federal government with the states having most of the power.

The bottom line is the intention was for society to govern not a church or a big government. At the time society was mostly if not all christian. If you can show where Thomas Jefferson was a Muslim or Hindu, please show it. Otherwise your claim of the US not being a christian nation is just silly.

24. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

I think you are mistaken, but let me reword it.

Christians claim that their values are the traditional American values.

Is that better?

It is a notion I do not share, and something the Founders didn't really want.

While they recognized the good that religion can do, they were also very critical of religion as well, and recognized that it would cause a lot of harm if it became the dominant force in America.

And traditional values are something that Christians invented to mislead people.

25. doombug

The founding fathers wanted seperation of church and state because they did not want the US to be like England. The basis of everything they designed was based on making the new country unlike England. Period. Again they were not Muslims or Hindu so yes they based many principles on Christianity. You do not like Christianity so you reject these facts.