I just got called a traitor and bigot for refusing to call Jenner a "hero." LOL

Discussion in 'Civil Rights' started by Channe, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Channe

Channe Well-Known Member Past Donor

I was told that Jenner is about to receive a "Courage Hero" award. An award that wounded vets were passed over for. I was not happy with this. I then just got an earful from a progressive guy I know. His argument is that I was a traitor for calling myself a liberal but not blindly falling at Jenner's feet. I'm sorry, I won't. This is where the distinction between liberal and progressives should be made. Especially blue dog Dems like me. What the hell has happened to my party ?

This is the essence of progressive 'tolerance.'

2. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

who called you this?

3. SpaceCricket79

SpaceCricket79 New Member Past Donor

Michael Jackson was more courageous, since he went under 50+ surgeries - Jenner only underwent one.

4. NothingSacred

NothingSacred Active Member

No way is he a hero, he is just another mentally ill, delusional person. He can do what he wants, if it makes him happy, it doesn't effect me. But he is no hero. I'd say he's more of a disgrace to himself. He is a FATHER to like 10 kids I believe, does he even think about how they might feel?

Did any of you ever see the ESPN documentary about Renee Richards? The '70s tennis player who went from male to female? The saddest part of that movie was the part about his son! That poor kid was like 7 years old, his dad went away one day and this psuedo woman shows up a little later and it's him! The kid freaked and it never went away. This guy is in his 50s now, an emotional wreck, total loser, unemployed, he's in the documentary, they have scenes with him and Richards together, and he's just ripping the crap out of "her", and just flat out stating how that whole thing fccked him up. Sure, you can blame it on him, but I just see the whole thing as pathetic!

On a lighter note, earlier today, there are these 3 Chinese women walking by me, they are speaking in Chinese, I only understand 2 words- Bruce Jenner! I was amazed that people are still talking about the 1976 Olympics, USA, USA....

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a far leftist, like RUSSIA 1919 style, but I agree totally, you can't say that everybody that's LEFT agrees wth this BS.

5. Lucky13

Lucky13 New Member

There is nothing to be courageous about, he is fighting social norms, not laws of a nation.

6. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

I'm actually really surprised there is a renewed admiration for Jenner. After he said he was a conservative Republican during his interview, he seemed to be persona non grata for a while.

7. Reality

Reality Well-Known Member

yeah that double amputee vet getting passed up for a guy who had a sex change pissed me off too.

8. BrianBoo

BrianBoo Active Member

What makes this guy's actions heroic and courageous? :roll:

9. Lucky13

Lucky13 New Member

Bruce Jenner is a known celebrity. The vet is not. People aren't entertained or even inspired by the vet. Such is life of those not on television.

10. NothingSacred

NothingSacred Active Member

That's exactly how conservatives are. they believe that everything in their agenda is 100% right. That's why they attack the RINO so much, because the RINO might compromise on some issues rather than being 110% pure.

11. Reality

Reality Well-Known Member

Its not an award for who has the most twitter followers but who was more courageous. I'll take the double amputee vet who hasn't let it slow him down. And the guy is a minor celeb, just like Jenner (remember its his whorish progeny who are truly famous these days, he just lives there.)

12. hseiken

hseiken New Member

I wouldn't call you any of those things, I'd just say you're retarded. Is that intolerant? I mean, I'm not making your life a living hell day in and day out for believing that other people who have gender identity crisis don't really have one. I mean, I'm not forcing you to use a bathroom you're uncomfortable in, making you wear clothes, have a name given to you, force you to...well, not really any of those things we are doing, right?

So what's your beef then? Someone threatened you? Do a google search on 'death threats on transgendered person'.

The point is maybe *YOU* have not done anything wrong, and just express your free speech rights and say Caitlyn Jenner will always be your Bruce. That's fine, but that's assuming every other american is just as passive about your disgust as you when in actuality, quite a few are bullied or threatened and die as a result of the very same viewpoint you hold, but expressed much more directly and loudly.

So, again, I just call you retarded. You're not hurting anyone that I know of...yet. And then when you do, as you likely will and unknowingly will too, due to complete ignorance of things such as modern psychology, science, research, testing, neurosurgery, etc. and possibly just add one more straw to the camel's back...

I'm sure I'll get docked for this despite the fact we are dealing with how someone would likely treat another human being to their face...it's always strange how people can't see beyond their 2 inch (*)(*)(*)(*).

13. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

Well if you're being graded on some sort of social justice sliding scale, maybe you are a traitor to those standards. Luckily for me, I never pretended to be on the social justice bandwagon, so I'm free to say that Jenner is mentally ill, not a chick. And his problem is made worse by the entirety of society going along with his delusion by using female pronouns to refer to him.

It used to be if a guy claimed he was Napoleon, we recognized he had a disorder. I guess know we would make him emperor of France.

14. ChiCowboy

ChiCowboy Well-Known Member

The person you're referring to is obviously an extremist. Pay him no mind.

15. Zdaddy

Zdaddy New Member

There is good science to say being transgendered is a physiological condition, not a mental illness. It isn't even recognized by the DSM 5 which is the agreed manual of all mental disorders. That being said, the college athlete who continued to play with brain cancer and the vet who is a big advocate for athletes with disabilities are both more worthy of the award. I may have given Jenner the award if he made the transition during his career.

16. Johnny-C

Johnny-C Well-Known Member

There are many ways that individuals can/do show courage.

I don't think it's really prudent, to turn any of these things that people endure into some 'contest'.

And if there are mental (especially) as well as physical hurdles... none of that is ever easy for ANY human being.

17. Casper

Casper Banned at Members Request Past Donor

I'm sorry but someone makes a claim such as this they should provide it, by the way people posters can search out all your posts and see if this claim was true or not.....................

18. SMDBill

SMDBill Well-Known Member

That's because the box on the wall told them they should be upset with you for feeling that way. The sheep get mad when you upset their training.

19. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

Horsecrap. Jenner doesn't deserve this award.

You know, and I'm going to be very bigoted here, is that while i did my shopping at Wall Mart today, I saw a magazine that had the headline for it, JENNER'S GAY LOVER.

I'm sorry, but this absolutely sickens me beyond words, and confuses the hell out of me to no end.

He has a gay lover, then he gets a operation to be a woman, and he now... what the hell?

Sorry, but this is just asinine.

I really don't care though. It's it's life and it has the right to live it how he wants.

But he is not deserving of this award.

I think this just a bs action because of the conservatives love of the movie Sniper, just to get their goat.

And I say, (*)(*)(*)(*) those for doing so. They don't have any real reason or moral high ground here.

20. vino909

vino909 Well-Known Member

Yeah...THAT's sure better.... a courageous pedophile .... wonderful

21. Johnny-C

Johnny-C Well-Known Member

How was a Jackson a "pedophile"? (He was weird, yes... pedophile, no.)

22. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

He was acquitted of all fifteen charges in a court of law. Yes I know the standard ""but he paid them off first so that doesn't matter" crap. He wanted to fight but it was his lawyers that made him pay those con artists off.

He is not a pedophile, just a bizarre person.

23. Tomray

Tomray New Member

Actually, it does! It's an effort by the left to insist that the abnormal be recognized as completely normal! And if you can't or won't accept that, they are telling you that it is YOU who are the "abnormal" one! Liberals have succeeded in forcing the nation to accept the homosexual lifestyle of less than 2% of the population as "normal", and are now looking to find another direction to turn their attack towards. And conservatives will be demonized and ridiculed by the left if they refuse to acknowledge that this latest example of perversion is courageous and perfectly normal! Simple acceptance and tolerating this abnormality is insufficient, according to the libs. It must be embraced as an equal lifestyle choice that ignores the statistics of past transgender cases which show they are 20 times more likely to commit suicide AFTER the transference. And of course, liberals will claim that is due to the refusal of bigots to accept them, rather than their own disillusionment of how wonderful life would be "if only"!

Jenner is nothing more than their perfect poster child to be exploited, and the left-wing media will drown him in accolades, and pay him hundreds of millions for the opportunity to put him on a pedestal in order to do so!

24. Belch

Belch Well-Known Member

He's an unfortunate dupe for thinking that some cosmetic mods are going to turn a volkswagon into a porsche. Sorry dude, but it don't work that way. You're not a 911. You're a beetle.

25. Super21

Super21 Banned

I cant believe you are talking against Caitlyn!