Russia in photos. Without politics.

Discussion in 'Other Off-Topic Chat' started by Balancer, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Balancer

Balancer Well-Known Member

I don't know English. Electronic translators, I am afraid, yield bad result. But there are things which don't need the translation. Photos :) I am making a photos, approximately, from 5 years old (about 1978, in the USSR). And I am making a digital photos since 2002. Also there are many interesting photos made in different places of Russia. From the capital to distant villages.

If it is interesting to somebody, I could place in this topic something interesting of the my photoarchive. With the short description or stories (let it will be also a poor translation from Russian).

Don't you mind? Some random photos for a begin.

- - - Updated - - -

Russia from abroad, of course, is associated with Red Square :) But for those who lives in Moscow, it is so usual, that many visits it once time in many years. I am such :) I live in Moscow 25 years, but on Red Square was 5 or 6 times.

Once, after walk around the city, we came with the wife and the daughter to Red Square. There was an awful weather — a sleet, a blizzard. But it was succeeded to take such shot. I like this photo :) It is almost original picture, without computer effects. I, at all, don't love computer effects. Only rotate, crop, and tuning of brightness and contrast...

[​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know how in other countries, but in Russia on the Internet very much love cats :) And therefore the following photo.

The shot is taken in the village at my mother. Without any history, simply I saw a neighbour's tomcat and make photo. You look at expression of his muzzle :) In Russia there is such fun saying — "who got to know life, doesn't hurry anywhere". This wise tomcat exact do it.

[​IMG]

2. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

Nice, those photos look really well done. Do you do it just for fun?

DennisTate likes this.
  3. Balancer

My wife — the biochemist, PhD. Once we returned from the international symposium on the motor ship on river Volga. And in the evening I saw such picture. The sunset. The calm. Fishermen on the boat. Only two colors but as there are a lot of shades. I look at the photo and the mood changes to the pacified...

[​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I am not the professional photographer. It is simple my hobby :)

DennisTate, cerberus and Guess Who like this.
  4. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

I wish I could take photos like that, those are pretty nice.

DennisTate likes this.
  5. perotista

perotista Well-Known Member Past Donor

Please do so, I need a break from politics and looking at some good pictures from Russia, which I have never been would be nice.

DennisTate likes this.
  6. Balancer

I'm also very often take pictures of birds. This picture too was taken in mother's village. There lives many storks. And one morning I saw one, walking right under the balcony. My faithful camera was handy:)

[​IMG]

DennisTate and Taxonomy26 like this.
  7. Herkdriver

Herkdriver New Member

Я высоко ценю ваши фотографии из России.

translated as:
    I appreciate your photos from Russia.

Мы должны работать на поиске точек соприкосновения между Россией и Америкой.

We have to work on finding a common ground between Russia and America

DennisTate and cerberus like this.
  8. Balancer

Beautiful photos (what I consider beautiful :)) at me there is a lot more. But it is interesting to me to try to show not only beautiful pictures of the camera. Russia is it not only temples, the ballet or rockets. And not only vodka, bears or frosts. In Russia it is possible to meet a lot of the interesting :)

Above I wrote about a trip with the wife across Volga. There was a motor ship stop near the temple (sic! :) ). There was a small marketplace where farmers sold honey, fish and so forth. And there I saw such impossible self-made motorcycle on which bring goods for sale :)

[​IMG]

9. Balancer

Thank you!

I also believe so. And I remember well, the Perestroyka, the destruction of the iron curtain, the end of the cold war, the arms race, the disarmament and prospects of friendship. Alas, politics is a dirty business and we now again in a tough situation. Well, let's not talk about politics here. There are many more pleasant themes :)

P.S. Your translation into Russian is good.

cerberus likes this.
  10. Balancer

It is a little more beautiful. And habitual for stereotypes about Russia :) Again village. Once I go outside in the morning — and I see such pictures. It not snow, it dropped out hoarfrost (rime). Fantastic look...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Balancer

So far I will take a break. In Moscow already 4 o'clock in the morning, and I still need to work :) (I work at night). After work I will go to sleep. I hope, tomorrow to continue this topic :)

12. kgeiger002

kgeiger002 Active Member Past Donor

Please post more of your photos. It's refreshing to see them. You have a talent!

cerberus likes this.
  13. Balancer

I ended working, and now can go to sleep :) But before going to bed — one more photo. Interesting exercise — photohunting for a lightning. Usually the camera is directed on a thunder-storm, adjust long exposure and begins shooting of a series of photos. Then wait until the lightning gets to a shot. So I received this shot.

[​IMG]

After photographing there is a big series of shots. If not to delete them at once, is possible to make timelaps video:

[video=youtube;Dj_bMgdE4as]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj_bMgdE4as[/video]

Blaster3 likes this.
  14. Balancer

People not from the TV screen. The village in the Kaliningrad region (the former Königsberg). It should be noted, what even to measures of the Russian remote places a type unusual. Therefore it was photographed :)

[​IMG]

15. Balancer

I continue a subject of stereotypes about Russia :) Vodka. Usually I work at home. Distant work. But sometimes I come to office. Once I come to work so, and there the colleague in the refrigerator has a quarter of a bottle of vodka. The remains after a holiday. Slice of lard and two tiny tomatoes. Divided for three with one more colleague. Wonderfully! The work went quickly :)

[​IMG]

16. Balancer

The equipment in Russia traditionally lags behind the western. Once it is more, once it is less. A lot of transport goes still the Soviet development. But there are also modern models. Both domestic, and import. Here, for example, near the house such trams now began to run. Quite modern design. In salon there is an possibility to charge mobile phones (sockets 220V and USB). For the West, perhaps, anything surprising, but it is unusual to Russia.

Trams are made in Belarusia. Are made under control of the Swiss firm Stadler.

[​IMG]

17. Balancer

For comparison tram of the Russian development. Looks not so beautifully :) In Belarus now do transport more beautiful than in Russia.

[​IMG]

18. Balancer

Fast forward from Moscow to the Russian heartland. This is the former home of my grandmother. In the city where I was born. I grew up there until the age of three years. Then every summer I came on vacation. In 1998 the grandmother died, the house was sold to other people for $900. More I in those places wasn't. I didn't have the possibility to go. The picture was taken by my mother last year. She goes there sometimes.

[​IMG]

19. Balancer

And again about nature. I also love to photograph insects. This photo is made absolutely in other part of the country, in mountain Dagestan. In The Caucasus. Just a butterfly that I met during the trip to the mountains.

[​IMG]

Taxonomy26 likes this.
  20. Herkdriver

Herkdriver New Member

спасибо за разделение

21. Balancer

Above I mentioned the Caucasus. I will continue in the same place. This mountain village Kuba (sounds as "Cuba", but accent on the second syllable). There mother of my wife was born. In ancient times the fertile soil in valleys was too important to spend it under residental houses. Therefore houses was built on slopes of mountains. Also it helped to defend from the attacking enemies.

[​IMG]

Taxonomy26 likes this.
  22. Balancer

For the resident of the central Russia the manner of an car driving in the Caucasus is surprising. On such road Dagestan's drivers rush at a speed up to 140-150 km/h (87-93 mph). Even at night. Only on especially dangerous road sections slow speed to 100-110 km/h (62-68 mph) :) I when ride with such drivers simply thought that if they didn't crash for years before of this trips, hardly they will have an accident now :)

[​IMG]

Taxonomy26 likes this.
  23. ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm Well-Known Member

24. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Thanks for the pictures Balancer. I especially like the Winter pictures.

25. Balancer

This is not so beautiful, but emotionally! My daughter starts riding on sledge from a big snow slope :)

[​IMG]