The real problems of Russia

Discussion in 'Russia & Eastern Europe' started by Balancer, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Balancer

Balancer Well-Known Member

On this forum many mistaken accusations of Russia. And when I answer them, it may seem that Russia is actually (in my words) is all well and good. It is not, in Russia there is a real problems. At least as I see them. And for the sake of objectivity I will open this topic where I will post negative news from Russia that are unlikely to be dubbed in the Western media.

News today.

2. Balancer

In the last month of any trouble. Teenagers massively photographed on extreme selfie. And often perish. In the last month alone:

— The girl was electrocuted while trying to take pictures on the roof of the train.
    — Muscovite shot herself in the head while trying to make a selfie with a gun.
    — A teenager in Chechnya died. He is in the process of photographing selfies dropped a concrete slab.
    — Two Schoolgirls were electrocuted while trying to make a selfie on the roof rail. In a serious condition in hospital.
    — Two fishermen were trying to do a selfie with a Viper. Viper bitten them. Fortunately in Russia widely available viper's antidote, so got a slight indisposition.

And here's another news, today:

3. Yazverg

Yazverg Well-Known Member

As for the cancer suicides... The first articles about it appeared in an orthodox web-site pravmir.ru. They got 2 warnings but continued to spread the propaganda. I myself wrote to them that after that information campaign they would fail to help anyone who is dying of cancer. But they prefferred to ban me and to continue. Now we have an increased wave of people who don't have enough courage and power to fight to the end with the disease knowing that they would fail... This was very predictable. The media needs to be very accurate with what they say. For now I expect a lot of people commiting suicides in a coming year. It will happen until there is a successful information campaign motivating people to tolerate their death and to fight with it no matter what.

I agree that a propaganda of stupidly exotic selphies is also a huge problem. Young people could have spend their lives much better if they did something useful instead of renewing their web pages in social networks. The culture of 'freaks' which came from the west doesn't bring anything useful. But until these people don't have a better example and good useful propaganda in the media - they will continute to die or hurt themselves stupidly.

I will add to the list of problems:
    - the structure of local officials. With the current structure the compromise between the initiative and control is greatly leaning to the second. That's why we have an honourary removals of governors from their position to other state positions which guarantee them comfort and everything they can desire. For instance the governor of Tambov region (the region I was born in) was moved to a position of deputy minister of construction. As a governor he was a complete failure. A corrupt, drunk, greedy, lazy bastard. I would so much like to work somewhere in my region. But so far I just see more than a half of my fellows from university and schools living in Moscow, Voronezh, Urals, Kaliningrad and even the US. Only a few have found something decent in Tambov region.
    - recent failures and obvious problems with space exploration. It's a shame for a nation who used to be pioneers of space to lose the technological duel to our 'partners'. But for the moment it seems that Russian strategy of space exploration hasn't brought us any breakthroughs. We are making a new cosmodrom (starting place for space rockets of Angara project). But technologically it is not any newer than the one made in Kazakhstan during a soviet period. Angara itself has a more friendly fuel for the environment and an interesting structure which allows to use the same joints for models of different capacity. But it is really no breakthrough comparing to what is done by Elon Reeve Musk, who made the space technology a business and runs it as business. It is now obvious that the coming decades or two we have to be trying to get closer to those who are in front, which is quite depressing.

4. Balancer

Has absolutely forgotten and has thrown this subject :) And in Russia, nevertheless, problems less, of course, don't become.

Very unpleasant tendency — acquisition of the power by Russian Orthodox Church. The speech not about Orthodoxy as religion, to it most of sane people has no claims. The speech about the church Supreme organization, ROC. In spite of the fact that at us in the Constitution it is directly declared that the Russian Federation — the secular state, the ROC aims to get more power and an advantage before the law. It and a sensational case with arrest of the (*)(*)(*)(*)(*) Riot group and much less known affairs.

Now the ROC is active on return of old, pre-revolutionary assets to which it purchased actually a robbery of the population in due time and which refused subsequently, not to contain in forces in accordance with general practice.

In St. Petersburg there is world-famous St. Isaac's Cathedral. Now it is the known museum with hundreds of research associates which is completely providing itself and bringing in treasury of the state hundreds of millions rubles of taxes a year.

The government of St. Petersburg decided to transfer it to ownership of ROC. The staff of the museum leaves. The profit on the museum disappears. The state is still engaged in repair and content of a cathedral.

That is, from the point of view of common sense — a continuous loss.

However, church hierarches started a powerful propaganda machine. Threaten to remove on streets millions of protesters against dissatisfied with transfer of a cathedral to church.

It is, perhaps, the hottest topic of the last weeks.

[​IMG]

On a photo — a meeting against transfer of a cathedral to ROC.

And it is St. Isaac's Cathedral:

[​IMG]

5. Balancer

One more problem. In Russia now any district court can take out the decision on blocking of the Websites. Present, for example, to the USA, the judge of a small town on 10000 people of the population can decide that such Website harmful and to demand its blocking across all Russia. And this decision will be executed!

Sometimes reaches idiocy.

There is a website devoted to the game Minecraft. There is a recipe of production of in-game explosive, TNT. And so, the other day the Zavodoukovsky district court of the Tyumen region has decided to block the article of "Minecraftpedia" in the territory of the Russian Federation as she contains information "about a way of production of explosives which is forbidden in the territory of the Russian Federation".

This case has turned out so wild even against the background of other Russian blocking of the websites that Roskomnadzor, the organization which is engaged in blocking has given a protest to higher instance for revision of this decision :)

One is good — high technical education of the population allows to ignore similar decisions :) Despite all similar blocking they very easily manage (a proxy, VPN, anonymizers, etc.)

6. Balancer

There is one more news. On the one hand, in Russia it has caused a small response, with another — has reached also the West :) Also concerns branch, important, prestigious for Russia:

During production of rocket engines the precious metals which are a part of heat-resistant solder were stolen. Probably, that who stole, counted upon margin of safety. And, even, somewhere correctly hoped. The spaceships on such defective engines flew successfully several years. Accidents of several carriers were connected with other reasons in recent years. But in case of the next fire testing defect was found. Will change all made rocket engines now. What, certainly, not so much will affect negatively in the financial plan how many on prestige of the Russian astronautics.

[​IMG]