President Truman and the creation of Israel.

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by DennisTate, Jun 15, 2015.

1. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

I am glad that I ran into an article a few years ago that explained more about the critical role that President Truman had in the creation of the state of Israel.

I find this to be quite moving really!

What do you think about these assertions?

Is this claim exaggerated?

http://britam.org/Proof/Joseph/joCyrus.html

2. georgephillip

georgephillip Well-Known Member Past Donor

Here is another possible explanation for why Truman supported the creation of Israel:
    "Sometime in the late 1950s, that world-class gossip and occasional historian, John F. Kennedy, told me (Gore Vidal) how, in 1948, Harry S. Truman had been pretty much abandoned by everyone when he came to run for president. Then an American Zionist brought him two million dollars in cash, in a suitcase, aboard his whistle-stop campaign train. 'That's why our recognition of Israel was rushed through so fast.' As neither Jack nor I was an antisemite (unlike his father and my grandfather) we took this to be just another funny story about Truman and the serene corruption of American politics."
    http://www.ifamericansknew.org/cur_sit/shahak.html
    Truman's Cabinet and his Joint Chiefs were divided over the wisdom of alienating hundreds of millions of Muslims across the Middle East. Much of the current blood-shed across that region today traces directly to Truman's decision to support "giving" 56% of Palestine to one-third of Palestine's population.

DennisTate and (deleted member) like this.
  3. DennisTate

Fascinating details georgephilip!

If you have some extra time I would love to get your input regarding a plan to unite Jews and Muslims living in Israel and Palestine by assisting them to look at their scriptures differently. This plan hearkens back to the time when the twelve tribes of Israel were divided into kingoms, The Northern Kingdom of Israel - Samaria and the Southern Kingdom of Judah.

http://www.godspeaceplan.blogspot.ca/2014/07/gods-peace-plan-for-holy-land-peace.html

….
    What was shown to Robert Mendelson, in my opinion, fits quite well with The Bermigo Plan but explains how to fix some of the problems in that out of the box and truly well thought out plan.

http://www.bermigopoll.org/the-bermigo-plan-in-a-nutshell2

4. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Truman's letters to Eleanor Roosevelt express his despair and disappointment that the bullied had turn into bullies once they got the upper hand.

5. DennisTate

I am hopeful that as truly courageous people such as Barbro Karlen tell their stories….. the citizens of Israel will come to view their enemies very differently.

A high percentage of Jewish scholars do understand that reincarnation fits well with the Jewish scriptures but………… the implications of all this toward Gentiles and Muslims hasn't fully sank in yet.

http://www.iisis.net/index.php?page=semkiw-anne-frank-barbro-karlen-reincarnation-past-life
    Reincarnation Case of Anne Frank | Barbro Karlen

6. georgephillip

Dennis, have the half-million Jews living on the West Bank been polled on whether or not 95% of them are willing to accept this plan? Where would they go? Uri Avnery offered his plan for a Semitic Union decades ago which called for a federation of Israel/Palestine/Jordan, but such a solution seems even more unlikely today than it did then.

7. DennisTate

I sent off a link to this discussion to a good friend. He replied to your comments:

http://www.godspeaceplan.blogspot.ca/2014/07/gods-peace-plan-for-holy-land-peace.html (Chapter 1)

http://www.godspeaceplan.blogspot.ca/2014/07/chapter-2-who-are-palestinians.html (Chapter 2)

http://www.godspeaceplan.blogspot.ca/2014/07/chapter-3-who-are-ashkenazi-jewsa.html (Chapter 3)

8. georgephillip

"The formal objective of the League of Nations Mandate system was to administer parts of the defunct Ottoman Empire, which had been in control of the Middle East since the 16th century, 'until such time as they are able to stand alone.'[3]

"The civil Mandate administration was formalized with the League of Nations' consent in 1923 under the British Mandate for Palestine, which covered two administrative areas.

"The land west of the Jordan River, known as Palestine, was under direct British administration until 1948, while the land east of the Jordan was a semi-autonomous region known as Transjordan, under the rule of the Hashemite family from the Hijaz, and gained independence in 1946.[4]"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandatory_Palestine#History_of_Palestine_under_the_British_Mandate

It's my understanding Transjordan was never a part of Palestine as it related to the creation of a Jewish homeland. That homeland was also required to come into existence without prejudicing the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine.

9. DennisTate

I already got back a response from R. M. to you on this question……..

10. DennisTate

Georgephillip……. I deeply appreciate your highly informed comments and questions on this topic.

One thing that I know for certain is that a majority of the Palestinian people would have preferred that President Yassar Arafat had invested that nearly one billion dollars that he had saved by the time of his death in such a way that they had had more food…….. and better living conditions.

I personally am promoting a new way of looking at many questions in the Middle East. For one…… I believe that one of the most brilliant opening gambits against climate change is elaborated on in an ancient Islamic prophecy.

http://www.politicalforum.com/opini...saving-new-orleans-florida-rising-oceans.html
    The Sahara Forest Project...and saving New Orleans and Florida from rising oceans!

Did you know that there is an Islamic prophecy that the Islamic desert regions would be turned green in the latter days?????

This topic is of special interest to me because I live about a hundred miles from the Bay of Fundy. I live five kms from the ocean on the eastern part of Nova Scotia. In my area the difference between low tide to high tide is about one meter! The land form of the Bay of Fundy has a funnelling effect on tidal waters and so parts of the Fundy have a difference of fifteen to seventeen meters between low to high tide!

The question on my mind would be if ocean levels were to rise about thirty centimeters in my part of Nova Scotia, would they rise by four or five meters along parts of the Fundy????

There are 143,000 acres of farmland taken back from the Fundy by dikes that are probably in the position of the proverbial canary in a coal mine in relation to rising ocean levels!

Every cubic meter of H2O added to the water table of nations in the Middle EAst will NOT be on top of New Orleans, Florida, Holland, Bangladesh or those 143,000 acres along the Fundy!!!!!

I felt a huge sense of relief when I first heard about The Sahara Forest Project!

https://www.facebook.com/SaharaForestProject
    Sahara Forest Project

http://www.angelfire.com/moon2/koran/index.blog?topic_id=1021110
    ……… This is the part of the formula that I personally am concentrating on…….THAT MONEY BECOME ABUNDANT….. AND THAT HEAVY INVESTMENTS BE MADE IN TURNING DESERTS GREEN……. In my opinion this should begin with the nation of JORDAN!

11. georgephillip

tumblr_lnma7iaQVn1qhqfq8.jpg
    Harry Truman might well have endorsed the Sahara Forest Project:

"Organization[edit]

"The Sahara Forest Project[2][3] is a scheme that aims to provide fresh water, food and renewable energy in hot, arid regions as well as re-vegetating areas of uninhabited desert. This proposal combines saltwater-cooled greenhouses with Solar Power technologies, either directly using Photovoltaic (PV) or indirectly using concentrated solar power (CSP) and technologies for desert revegetation.

"It is claimed that these technologies together will create a sustainable and profitable source of energy, food, vegetation and water.

"The founding team behind the Sahara Forest Project was composed of experts from Seawater Greenhouse Ltd, Exploration Architecture, Max Fordham Consulting Engineers and the Bellona Foundation..."

"Among planned activities are one pilot project in Jordan and one in Qatar [4][5][6][7]

"Technologies[edit]

"Sahara Forest Project combines saltwater-cooled greenhouses with technologies for outside revegetation and concentrated solar power (CSP). It is claimed that these technologies together will create a sustainable and profitable source of energy, food, vegetation and water.

"The scale of the proposed scheme is such that very large quantities of seawater would be evaporated.

"By using locations not too high above sea level, pumping costs would be eliminated.

"The right conditions to house Sahara Forest Project facilities are a lot of sun and low-lying desert areas."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahara_Forest_Project#Organization

DennisTate likes this.
  12. DennisTate

I deeply appreciate your taking a look at the Sahara Forest Project website.

I am almost certain that the least expensive way to protect vulnerable cities like New Orleans from rising ocean levels may be large scale desalination of ocean water in the Middle East and North Africa.

Every cubic meter of ocean water that is desalinated and eventually seeps down into the water table of another nation will not be putting pressure on the oceans to flood New Orleans, The Netherlands, Bangladesh or Florida.

One large projects like the Sahara Forest Project or the Sahara Solar Breeder Project are operational….. then many smaller projects like the Permaculture project in Jordan could spring up within a few kilometres of these larger projects.

http://www.politicalforum.com/lates...-geoff-lawton-permaculture-tipping-point.html
    Geoff Lawton: Permaculture & The Tipping Point
    Over the past several years I have watched several absolutely fascinating films by this man.

He is clearly attempting to improve our lives………… and save the lives of our children and grandchildren.

I have got to find his film about how simply getting farms to NOT burn the stocks from the previous year's crop….. but instead use them as a mulch that holds in water…… can profoundly alter how we view the possibility of turning deserts green.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzTHjlueqFI
    Greening the Desert with Geoff Lawton, Original and Update: 1 of 4
    (69,993 views)

"You can fix all the world's problems, in a garden." (Geoff Lawton)

13. DennisTate

The Engagement Movement initiated by Mr. Tsvi Misinai seems to be addressing this for both Israeli Jews as well as Palestinians.

http://www.jpost.com/Magazine/Features/The-lost-Palestinian-Jews

The lost Palestinian Jews

14. DennisTate

Wow!

I am almost positive that President Donald J. Trump, for all his many flaws, is in a position to become another
    fulfillment of the role of a metaphorical Gentile King Cyrus type of political leader.

President Trump and P. M. Benjamin Netanyahu have many reasons why they should seriously
    discuss the option to rebuild the Jerusalem Third Temple for either of the two years, 2070 or
    maybe even 2030.

They should both also discuss the option of bringing the remains of Rabbi Nachman of Breslov from
    the Ukraine to somewhere in Israel.

15. Moi621

Moi621 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Nice story but, I do not believe Truman could be bought.
    He left the Presidency so poor "they" had to pass a special retirement for him avoiding the embarrassment of an ex president living in relative poverty.

DennisTate likes this.
  16. DennisTate

That could be......
    but it is also possible that he knew that if he accepted the money that he could make the world a better place by investing it into becoming President.

17. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

I think Truman was sympathetic towards the holocaust survivors and their plight.

He came to regret the establishment of Israel. In his letters to Eleanor Roosevelt he despaired that people who have been bullied become bullies.

RiaRaeb likes this.
  18. Moi621

He only ran for one term to prove he was worthy.
    I do not believe he ever considered himself beyond the Senate.

I would not believe True Man took tainted money without proof.

DennisTate likes this.
  19. Moi621

Do you have an approximate date for these letters. Just curious. Gracias.

20. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

I don't remember.. Its been about 15 years since I read them.. I think they were written before 1951.

21. Moi621

Before Suez or the 6 Day War. Very interesting.

DennisTate likes this.
  22. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Admittedly, I have not read them all.

Found this.

Eleanor and Harry: The Correspondence of Eleanor Roosevelt and ...

https://www.amazon.com/Eleanor-Harry...Roosevelt-Truman/dp/0743202430
    Steve Neal has collected, in Eleanor and Harry, the correspondence between Eleanor Roosevelt and Harry S. Truman. The 254 letters were written between April 16, 1945 (four days after FDR's death), and mid-December, 1960 (23 months before Eleanor Roosevelt's death). While many of the letters are brief and quotidian, ...

23. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Moi621 likes this.
  24. Moi621

Thank you. That's a big "thank you". :) Plus a "Like"

Always amazes me how people after perceiving Israel as the underdog and support Israel
    seem disappointed that Israel survived a War of Annihilation on Israel.
    1948. 1967. 1973. fershur
    Stranger Than Truth, But Is!​

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Margot2 and DennisTate like this.
  25. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Israel planned and provoked the land grab of 1967. Read Moshe Dayan.

I think the tragedy here is that the European Jews were so abused and so damaged that they couldn't deal with these "inferior" people any other way.