Homosexuality will never be or should be a Protect Class

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by TRFjr, Jun 29, 2015.

1. TRFjr

TRFjr Well-Known Member Past Donor

to make homosexuality a protected class you would have to make it that sexual origination cant not be discriminated against
    And that cant or should ever happen because you would have to include all sexual orientations including Pedophilia to Zoophile and the two dozen or more perverse orientations

do you really want to give Pedophilia protected class status? do you understand what that curtails? for starters you wouldn't be allowed to discriminate against a pedophile when it comes to employment. you wouldn't be able to not hire or fire a pedophile based on him or her being a pedophile even if that includes them working in direct contact with children. you couldn't force a pedophile into therapy while in prison or as terms of their parole

and no you cant argue you can exclude other froms the sexual origination as part of the protected class because that would be the same as excluding some races or religions in their protected class status. it has to be all or none

2. Athelite

Athelite Well-Known Member Past Donor

I thought we've been over this. Children and non-human animals can't give consent. That's why neither of them can buy tobacco products, alcohol or serve in military.

3. TRFjr

there is no law against being a Pedophile or a Zoophile the laws are against acting on the sexual orientation
    try again

4. TheTaoOfBill

TheTaoOfBill Well-Known Member

Or... you can just make sexual orientations between consenting adults legal and not anything else. Why would you think we can't exclude pedofilia and beastiality when there is such a clear line to draw. Consenting adults. That's it. Problem solved. End thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Nor should there be a law against being a pedophile or a Zoophile if you don't act on it.

5. Sadistic-Savior

Sadistic-Savior New Member Past Donor

Yeah, which is exactly how it should be. The law punishes you for actions, not for thoughts or feelings.

6. TRFjr

for the same reason you cant exclude some races or religions from protected class status it is all or none

and I agree there shouldn't be any laws against desire or thought, but do you really want an admitted pedophile working with young children would you want your child's kindergarten teacher or day care attendant be a pedophile

7. Aphotic

Aphotic Banned

Baloney. Intent laws certainly assume for you and punish accordingly.

People need to get over this whole gay thing. It has nothing to do with you. What in the hell makes everyone who is "against the gays" so (*)(*)(*)(*)ing special? You, along with the rest of us, are just another parasite skid mark on a speck of dust suspended in endless nothing.

8. TheTaoOfBill

Pedophile and Zoophiles are not sexual orientations. Sexual orientations tend to end with the word sexual and have to do with genders. Not species or ages. They are fetishes. Not sexual orientations.

9. Bo_4

Bo_4 Banned at Members Request Past Donor

Oh Gawd .. another one pretending that homosexuals want special rights or protected class status followed by the obligatory comparison to pedophilia and bestiality.

Freaking AMAZING! :roll:

10. Pax Aeon

Pax Aeon Well-Known Member

`
    For starters, you have no clue as to what constitutes a legal "Protected Class" (among other things). A Protected Class is an aggregation of people with a common characteristic who are legally protected from discrimination on the basis of that characteristic. Protected classes are created by both federal and state law. Such protected classes include;

• Race.
    • Color.
    • Religion or creed.
    • Sexual Orientation.
    • National origin or ancestry.
    • Gender.
    • Age.
    • Physical or mental disability.
    • Veteran status.
    • Genetic information.
    • Citizenship.
    Your argument fails. If you want Pedophilia to Zoophile to be listed there, contact your local state or federal legislative representative.

11. TRFjr

sexual orientation is what your sexual attraction or desires orientate too. acting on those attractions or desires is not required
    yes you can be a homosexual and be a virgin never acting on your homosexual attractions and desires

12. TheTaoOfBill

Sexual orientation is something you cannot have 2 of. You can't be both heterosexual and Homosexual. In that case you're bisexual. There is no word for someone who is both homosexual and a pedophile because they are not conflicting sexual orientations. You're a homosexual with a pedophilia fetish. Or you're a heterosexual with a pedophilia fetish.

You cannot have 2 sexual orientations.

13. TRFjr

I am fully aware of the protected classes and what they curtail
    so let me ask you this race is a protected class does that include all races? religion is a protected class. does that include all religions?
    you cant create a protected class status and then include members from that class from its status

14. TRFjr

pedophilia isn't about the gender it is about the age yes you can prefer one gender over another just like one can prefer blondes over red heads, but the attraction derives from the age not the gender

15. Serfin' USA

Serfin' USA Well-Known Member

Let me get this straight.

Because we're trying to protect gay people from discrimination, that opens the door for pedophilia and zoophilia?

Think about this for a moment. If sexual orientation becomes a protected class, that applies to heterosexuals as well. A gay person can't be allowed to discriminate against a straight person. I don't think it happens very often, but it wouldn't be any more legal than the reverse.

Now, if the shoe was on the other foot, and gay people were the majority, would you really think that protecting straight people from discrimination would be tantamount to advocating for pedophiles and zoophiles? Don't you think that's just a tad insulting?

If you and others like you give that some thought, you might see why those of us opposing you view you as pretty ignorant.

Employ some logic and common decency for once.

16. Matt Dylan

Matt Dylan Banned

Serfin' USA and (deleted member) like this.
  17. TheTaoOfBill

A sexual orientation is much more powerful than a preference for red heads.

I like brunettes. But if my brunette fiancee died her hair red I'd still find her very attractive.

However. I am straight. I am not attracted to men. If my fiancee grew a penis and some chest hair try as I might I probably wouldn't find her attractive anymore.

Pedophilia is classified as a mental disorder. Not a sexual orienation. And while it can be just as powerful as an orientation it's not classified in the same arena because pedophilia is recognized to be a harmful act. While being homosexual, asexual, pansexual or heterosexual is not.

18. TRFjr

and Im willing and eager not to receive that protected class status so to keep a perverse socially unacceptable orientation from receiving it
    question is would a homosexual do the same

19. Sadistic-Savior

Sadistic-Savior New Member Past Donor

Only after an actual crime has been committed. Meaning an action.

No, you cannot be imprisoned merely because you state an ideology other people don't like.

I totally agree. This should never have been necessary in the first place.

20. carpe diem

carpe diem New Member

They are perversions. Taking the unnatural and pretending it is the new natural.

21. Serfin' USA

That's an easy choice for you to make, considering you're not of the group more commonly discriminated against.

22. TheTaoOfBill

Unnatural and natural are human constructs. If it exists as a thought in a human brain it's natural. Because humans are natural. Pedophila is natural. It's also a mental disorder that harms people.

Who cares if it's unnatural if no one gets hurt.

23. carpe diem

carpe diem New Member

http://www.neontommy.com/news/2013/10/pedophilia-sexual-orientation

APA's decision has given rise to numerous pedophilia-advocacy groups, the chief of them being B4U-ACT, a non-profit grassroots organization based in Maryland. Created in 2003 primarily as a means for “minor-attracted persons” to be open about their sexual preferences in a supportive atmosphere, B4U-ACT is now widening the scope of their organization.

According to spokesperson and registered sex offender Paul Christiano, the pedophilia-advocacy group is “working towards de-stigmatizing the mental health community.” Christiano explained that negative societal attitudes towards minor-attracted persons “trickle down to policy-making and the mental health community.”

24. TRFjr

the act of pedophilia harms people being one doesn't
    you seam to have a very difficult time separating acts of pedophilia and the orientation of being one

25. Serfin' USA

De-stigmatizing a group like this isn't a bad thing in most respects. I'd rather know if someone is a pedo than not. If it's out in the open, it's easier to deal with.

There are plenty of common sense provisions that should remain in place (like not allowing a pedo to be a school teacher), but as far as acceptance in society in general, I don't see a problem with it.

As long as we don't legalize sex between adults and minors, we can simply find ways to provide pedos therapy and such. It would help them refrain from their urges.