Pet Peeve

Discussion in 'Member Casual Chat' started by Just A Man, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Just A Man

Just A Man Well-Known Member

I'm getting a pet peeve watching so many females on TV who are constantly tossing their head to sling their hair out of their eyes? First they comb their hair down near the side of their eye. Then the hair slides over the eye and they do a head toss. Some are now just tossing their head but their hair don’t move. I saw one the other day who had her hair pulled back and tied in a bun behind her head. She was doing a head toss ever 2 minutes. Is it a nervous tic or just "monkey see, monkey do"? That looks like it would make your neck sore. It’s getting on my nerves and I want someone to hand them a bobby pin :)

2. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

LOL! I know exactly what you mean. I'm a woman and I had noticed that also and find it so damn annoying. These women need to watch themselves on video, then m/b they'll see how dumb it looks. Well, maybe.......

3. Dale Cooper

Dale Cooper Well-Known Member

Or, like Whoopie, they have a single dred covering their entire face and it won't go away. Sickening.

But my biggest pet peeve is losers who spell losers "loosers", and make other such hideous errors in spelling and/or grammar. Mind you, I'm not talking simple typos, which we all make. But Good God, people, when you're spewing on the internet, your words are all you have to show your intelligence or lack thereof. If you can't beat out a 3rd grader in simple English, you probably shouldn't be on the internet making a fool of yourself.

4. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Hair tossing in a woman can be a sign she is interested in you.

What you can tell: “Any kind of preening is a woman’s attempt to get noticed,” Wood explains. One particularly good sign: “If she flips her hair back with her wrist exposed, she’s opening herself up to you.” In fact, any exaggerated hair toss (as opposed to a quick sweep of the bangs to get them out of the way), is a positive thing. Chase Massingill, of Queens, NY, says the hair toss has been a good indicator that a woman is interested in him. “One night at a party, I noticed this beautiful woman looking at me, then she looked away and flipped her hair back,” he explains. “I went to talk to her and later found out from one of her friends that she’d been eyeing me all night.” - See more at: http://www.match.com/magazine/artic...igns-That-Shes-Into-You/#sthash.3Z5Iq7jp.dpuf

So.....Seems to me these women you speak of are flirting with the camera. Could be a way to snag male viewers....

5. Just A Man

I was watching a lady on TV the other night and every time she blinked her left eye the eye lash would brush her hair and the hair would jump. I guess she enjoyed it as she kept doing it. She looked like a five-year-old :)

6. everyman2013

everyman2013 New Member

What amuses me are the supposedly higher educated people, particularly politicians and news reporters, that constantly and consistently mispronounce the same words, for example: The word "Nuclear", pronounced "Nuculer", and "Jewelry" pronounced "Jewlery". Of course much of that could be fault of the ones who set up the TelePrompters, also supposedly graduates of higher learning. Go figger.
    Enjoy!

7. WestFork

WestFork Well-Known Member

My pet peeve is news announcers who start stories with "Disturbing news about . . ."

Just report the freaking news, for Pete's sake. I can decide whether or not it's disturbing without your help. This particular irritant used to be confined to local news shows, but I find it creeping into national news more often.

8. Just A Man

How about the newscaster interviewers who ask questions that start of with . . .
    "Some people might say . . ."
    -- or --
    "What do you say to the many voters that disapprove of your position on . . ."
    Who is the interviewer kidding, that's their opinion, but they make it sound like it's others.

9. Dale Cooper

OMG, I agree, and especially irritating are the announcements that upcoming images are graphic and may be disturbing...blah blah blah. I suppose they do that so people can rush their kids out of the room.

These days, everything is disturbing, and those easily disturbed are the loudest whiners about having been disturbed. They're disturbed, alright, as in "off in the head disturbed".

10. Just A Man

Then we have the news programs that keep telling us what news is coming up after the break. Then we get the same tease before the next break, then they tease the story again before another break. I have seen a story teased three times in a 30-minute program. Just give me the news in factual style and stop with the teases and sensationalism, i.e., Late breaking . . .; Disturbing news . . .; Exclusive report . . .

11. Alucard

Alucard New Member Past Donor

I have noticed this same trend in contemporary movies.

12. Dale Cooper

Also "trending...". If I hear a moronic talking head (are you listening, idiotic Matt Lauer?) say trending one more time, I'm gonna (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)-slap him right off my TV.

(Just kidding. I don't watch NBC news. Not now, not ever.)

13. Foolardi

Foolardi Well-Known Member Past Donor

Doggie Breath. No ... silly not my dog's.Mine.
    But then you make a nice Dagwood sandwich of thick pumpernickel bread
    with a healthy smear of limburger on one slice and nice horseradish and
    yellow mustard { for color } on the other slice.Inbetween the thick slices of bread are
    thin slices of genoa salami,garlic baloney,Thuringer and Prosky topped off with
    average slices { preferably just 2 of Braunsweiger }.On top of those are
    added thin slices of Bermuda onion along with nicely sought after salt herring
    fish slabs.The Dagwood might need to be put in one of those old 3 stooges
    thick " letter presses ' with the big iron wheel used to turn to compress.
    Just a few turns so as not to intimidate the meat or the bread.
    Just a quarter sandwich is enough to carry one thru the day.
    Preferably a quarter for breakfast and a half for lunch and the other
    quarter for late afternoon whistle break.By the time one gets off work they are too
    busy to care about any doggie breath.Plus when a Tradesman gets home from work
    and said Dagwood consumption,their Pets will virtually love them.No matter if fed on
    time or not.The mere fumes will carry most Pets into Pet heaven.
    Thank God for the scent of smell.
    Plus machines also stay lubed better when the scent of strong aromas linger in' the air.
    It's practically settled science.I tell ya.

14. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

The hair thing is often about flirting as has been mentioned by a previous poster.

My pet peeve on the news is that cable news's addiction with wrapping everything as a "This just in" or "Breaking News"...every freaking thing......

15. lita123

lita123 New Member

I cannot take it when someone has their turn signal on for miles! omg..turn it off you idiot!!! Everytime I think he/she will turn..nope! I can't stand that......ahem...I feel better now....(o;

16. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member Past Donor

What about those who say 'noo-cu-ler' for nuclear? I mean it's such an easy word to say. I blame George Bush! [​IMG]

17. cerberus

Or those waiting in one of two lanes at traffic lights, who not only unnecessarily switch the indicator on even though it's obvious by the lane they're in which way they'll go :)roll:), but keep the bloody thing flashing until the light goes green? [​IMG]

And here's another one while I'm on a roll - women who wear sunglasses on top of their head - especially when they're squinting in strong sunlight at the time? :roll:

18. MrNick

MrNick Banned

When chicks whip their hair around or play with it its a nervous tick - they like the person they're talking to but are doubting their ability to deal with the situation...

19. cerberus

The main reason I'm glad I'm a fella is because I don't have to spend hours primping myself in front of a mirror, and hours in a bloody hairdressers' chair.

20. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Pet Peeve...

... Search function goes unrepaired for days...

... even though reported in time for daily early morning maintenance.