Top 10 Most Segregated Cities in the US

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Papastox, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Papastox

Papastox Well-Known Member

Top 10 Most Segregated Cities in the US - Atlanta Blackstar
    atlantablackstar.com/2014/03/...

I am sick and tired of how the Libs are demonizing the South. They sit around and think they are superior because they don't live there. They believe they live in a more sophisticated and tolerant area. They look down their noses at Southerners considering them dumb rednecks. But I bet most of them had no ancestors fighting on either side, yet they feel compelled to voice their condemnations of the South. I was born and raised in the South. Most of our heritages can be traced back to the Civil War and even farther back.
    I have been living in New York City a long time, and when I came, I was struck by the lack of integration I saw. Whites had moved to suburbs and their children went to almost exclusively white schools. The Blacks were left in the Inner city going to schools that were not good. It is basically the same today. Not much has changed.
    I decided to look up the most segregated cities in America and the results were startling. According to Atlanta Blackstar which is a Black group(can't say they are biased), here is the list of the top 10:

1. Detroit
    2. Milwaukee
    3. NYC. I can vouch for this
    4. Chicago
    5. Philadelphia
    6. Miami
    7. Cleveland
    8. St. Louis
    9. Boston
    10. LA

Now if you peruse that list carefully, you will notice that there are no Southern cities listed. In fact, 7 out of 10 are located in BLUE states while the other 3 are swing states. Baltimore should have been added to the list in my estimation, but you do notice that Atlanta did not make the top 10.
    I would think that these Democrat states could do a little better if they are going to bring up race all the time. Before you excoriate the South, you need to look in your own backyards, because if the truth be known, I bet a lot of the posters on here who are ridiculing the South live in segregated suburbs, in segregated neighborhoods and whose children either attend private school or whose public school has a majority white enrollment. You have done the South a grave injustice, because they have come a long way while the North is stagnant in many ways. Think about it.

I originally put this in another thread, but I thought it might get lost there.

2. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

If you are looking for a response from the left obsessed with race, I am afraid this one will get lost too.

3. SourD

SourD New Member Past Donor

Of course, liberals are all about segregation. They live in their upscale gated neighborhoods and never even think about going into the bad areas. Look around, they still favor segregation. Black colleges, black churches, blacks let into an event for free, black only field trips. The list is endless.

4. Pollycy

Pollycy Well-Known Member

You need to provide links to information sources, or the hyperlibs are going to rip into you like a runaway chainsaw. Even after you do that, they'll be raising hell because they'll attack the credibility of those sources, but at least you can put it out there. I KNOW these people... I've been jousting with many of them in this forum for well over six years.

As to your overall point... well, I wish I had five bucks for every time I've heard some liberal, usually in a drunken, unguarded moment, say something like, "We need to help Blacks fit into society better but, really, I'd hate to have to be around them any more than I already am!"

They live by a situation-ethics code of "Do as I say do... don't do as I do...."

5. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

I have no doubt that these cities are segragated. Most big cities are. But, I think a few Southern cities are being left out.
    1.) Shreveport, LA.
    2) Birmingham, AL.
    3.) Jackson, Miss.
    4.) Memphis, Tenn.
    These 4 come to mind right away; I'm sure there are more. The South has not changed that much. Oh. I almost forgot: New Orleans, LA.

6. GeddonM3

GeddonM3 Well-Known Member

You mean cities that are complete (*)(*)(*)(*) holes and majority black? Yeah they segregated, they scared off most the white people with their rising crime rates.

7. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

Ah, gee, d'ya think?

8. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor