Chickens have come home to roost

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Ronstar, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

Sorry folks, but black inner-city crime is a wonderful example of the chickens having come home to roost, as far as white supremacy and racism is concerned.

White racists went to Africa, chained black slaves to their ships, brought them to America while killing and dumping overboard millions, then broke up their families, removed their native culture, made it illegal for them to read, enslaved them, then freed them but instituted an extreme form of Apartheid and made it impossible for them to vote, and then once Apartheid ended all the good entry level industrial jobs were shipped overseas after giving tens of millions of good industrial jobs to white immigrants rather than to millions of English speaking blacks who were recently freed from slavery.

so now, we have blacks in poverty and many committing drugs crimes, murders, theft, etc.

its the chickens coming home to roost. White racists treated blacks like crap for hundreds of years, and now we are dealing with the consequences of these centuries of sin.

the chickens have come home to roost, and we have no one to blame but ourselves.

2. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

[video=youtube;gjOopVs60F0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjOopVs60F0[/video]

3. DarkSkies

DarkSkies Well-Known Member

I see what you're saying, but I don't see how this demonstrates any type of karma or retribution. If anything, you may have shown some cause and effect.

Also, I disagree with the last three statements. First, there were slaves who had side businesses and were building for themselves. Even after obtaining freedom, many started their own businesses and established small towns. There are also a few instances where slave-owners gave some land to their slaves. I'm saying this to say that black people didn't jump from slavery to criminality, which is how the OP reads to me.

From what I know, associating with drugs wasn't always a crime. Once laws were passed with selective enforcement, then Blacks became criminals of drug possession, use, etc. Murders and thefts occur with people engaged in blood-feuds, gang activity, and typical criminality. None of it has any link to slavery and it's a minority within our racial group that commit these crimes.

I don't see any chickens I guess.

toddwv and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Ronstar

the worst thing the USA did, was give all the Industrial Revolution jobs in the late 1800s and early 1900s to Eastern and Southern European immigrants, rather than the millions of low skilled laborers we had here, namely the black folks.

if they got those jobs, most blacks would be middle class today.

5. DarkSkies

Group economics is the cure for this. When a major group discriminates against you, the response should be to create a niche market for your unserved needs. The Black towns (of that time) and the Chinatowns are examples of this.

6. kgeiger002

kgeiger002 Active Member Past Donor

I understand what you are saying...but the black race - particulary old day Africans have a reponsibility to accept also. They were selling "their fellow man" for profit. So lets cast blame appropriately and equally please.

7. Ronstar

slavery in Africa was not the same as white supremacist slavery in the USA

8. kgeiger002

kgeiger002 Active Member Past Donor

One could argue that the same (type of) callis minded people exist in all cultures! ...With that said "Great/Beautiful" people also exist in all races/cultures! Why only focus on the negative side of the equation?

So what about all the centuries of slaves within Africa? Is that the White man's fault? My point is that the African community needs to accept the fact that "they" were part of the problem from the "Get go" also! ...with that said us Americans have to never forget the attrocity of wheeling and dealing with human lives!

9. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member Donor

Oh. Here I thought it was going to be the chickens belonging to the Left, with their professional race baiting and eternal victimhood for one and all who aren't WASP males, the one safe class of Americans to hate and blame for everything.

10. Diuretic

Diuretic Well-Known Member

It's an interesting point. But what happened in Britain, where the Industrial Revolution started, was instructive. People moved from rural areas to cities for work. Due to the influx people lived in crappy conditions. For a while there were lots of jobs but then, it was called an industrial revolution after all, automation began to remove jobs from people (see Luddites). Unemployment in a state that relied on charity to stop people starving was a terrible curse. Soon the new working class developed a sub-class of the lumpenproletariat.

It's not about race, it's about class.

11. Matt84

Matt84 Well-Known Member

Passive aggressiveness is very easy to spot.

12. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

Well....the chickens are coming home to roost in the black community. When you don't prioritize education, have children out of wedlock, and celebrate gang culture then you have black inner city crime and many dead black young men and black young men in prison.

Perhaps....we can advocate for priority changes within the inner city community now and make a positive difference for the lives of black children. Or do we continue to justify this condition and encourage it to continue by blaming people who have been dead 100's of years.

13. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

Then you're not looking, which is even worse than doing the bad things in the first place, as it perpetuates the problem

14. perotista

perotista Well-Known Member Past Donor

I am old enough to remember some of that. So many mom and pop stores in those black towns or neighborhoods owned by blacks. In other words what money blacks made they were spending it in their own community to black owned businesses. Then came the big chain stores like Walmart, A&P, and the like, offering merchandise and food at lower prices and most if not all the mom and pops went out of business. Now the money they spend goes into the pockets of white owned corporations instead of the black mom and pops.

A few old timers I talk to blamed this on desegregation. I don't think that was the main cause, it was more of a chance for stores like Walmart and McDonalds, Krogers etc. to move in and make a buck. I also remember an old baseball player when I was a kid, he once played for the Atlanta Black Crackers of the Negro leagues. He hated Jackie Robinson for desegregating major league baseball. He no longer had his job as a baseball player. He made pretty good money playing in the negro leagues back in those days or so he said. Sometimes a few must suffer so more can move up.

I suppose as society progresses, there will always be winners and losers. Life just isn't fair.

15. DarkSkies

Please explain. The Malcolm X true life quote that the second poster references is an example of what I had in mind for karma. The OP just said, "here's the result of harming these people." I feel like I already know what the problem is and the typical sound bytes don't really get into it.

16. DarkSkies

The elders I talk to name desegregation and eminent domain as the source causes. The baseball story you bring up reminds me of many of their stories.

The part where you state that a few must suffer so more can move up doesn't work with economic integration. In our community, integration allowed the few to eke through to the mainstream, but left everyone else behind. That would have been alright if black people weren't constantly pushed out of their homes and businesses. It was all to keep the mainstream from competing with minorities.

17. toddwv

toddwv Well-Known Member Past Donor

Some people like to pretend that slavery ended and everything was hunky dory in the use from then on when the reality is that brutal suppression of blacks continued and still continues to this day.

18. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

The reality is today.And today people are making choices and behaving in a way that harms them and their children and generations. People who feel some sort of pleasure ranting at history seem to enjoy the hopelessness experienced by these people. In other words...the attitude demonstrated in your post hurts people.

19. Ronstar

Segregation didn't end hundreds of years ago.

The folks who moved millions of good manufacturing jobs overseas didn't die hundreds of years ago.

The folks who are responsible for housing red-lining didn't die hundreds of years ago.

The folks who are responsible for racist Congressional district jerrymandering didn't die hundreds of years ago.

20. perotista

I do think desegregation had to happen. But desegregation and the advent of fast food joints and supermarket chains and stores such as Walmart replacing mom and pops was unforeseen. Even in the white community, I remember mom and pops all over the place. A time before McDonalds and KFC was even thought of. I think I was around 10 when the first A&W Root Beer Stand opened in town. It was quite a big thing. Dairy Queen soon followed. Then came Piggly WIggly and A&P and soon our mom and pop grocery stores were closed. This happened in both communities.

Heck we didn't go down to Payless to buy new shoes, we took our shoes to the shoe repairer and he would put new soles and heels on our old ones. Mom darned socks, we didn't buy new ones. Both black and white communities were like that. The only differences was we were separate. Heck, today we are still separate for the most part, inner cities instead of being white are now black. Whites live in the suburbs and blacks in the cities. We now have defacto segregation. Only we both shop at Walmarts and Krogers together and then go back to our separate communities.

Now outside big corporations makes tons of money off us, both black and white instead of mom and pops in our own communities. Money flows out of the communities, it doesn't stay there anymore.

21. DarkSkies

Notice the Chinatowns and other little ethnic areas seem immune to this. They make it a point to spend most of their money in their own communities. It cost more and expansions take much longer, but they're able to secure themselves from the worst parts of globalism.

22. Ronstar

if the freed slaves and their children were given all the millions of Industrial Revolution jobs, rather than new immigrants from Southern and Eastern Europe, we would have been ok.

if we had at least not had Segregation after the Civil War, we would have been ok.

if we haden't allowed red lining of housing, we would have been ok.

wow, we really made quite a mess for ourselves.

23. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

So when little 16 year old johnny leads a group of 200 "youth" into a walmart to see how much destruction they can cause---I'm sure your opining to him about how the white man is the reason he's in jail is going to change his life in a good way.

24. perotista

I noticed that myself.

25. QLB

QLB Well-Known Member

Wow and I thought inner city crime was from low IQ, poor impulse control and no future time orientation. Nah, it just couldn't LMFAO be.